Coasterstock 2016

Magenta Lizard

While I'll be taking my raincoat, I'll be leaving it in the car if Dark Sky's current prediction holds. They're down into the 20-something-percent chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. Weather Underground has an even rosier picture with 20% Friday and 10% Saturday. Nobody seems to think it will rain Sunday.

As the week has gone on, all the weather services I've checked have been steadily decreasing their rain predictions for this weekend. And, with weather, the closer it is, the better able meteorologists can make predictions from the models.

• Like 4

Hope you get your email soon freaks. I got mine at 4:51 pm yesterday. Can't go on Friday since nobody to cover me for work that night.[/quotehttp://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31742-project-2017/page-20#]

Me too. I've never stessed over an email before.

All my ducks are in a row except for that. Including taking off work at noon Friday.

• Like 2

Freaks76, have you called the park yet? I received the email on Monday too.

Is it possible that your email was mistyped? I've done that a few times with my personal one. :) It happens more often than you'd think - I get folks at work calling slightly frantic that they didn't receive an email. Reason they didn't hear my response was that there was a slight typo in what they submitted.

• Like 2

No. I have not called the park yet. Gonna try to this morning just to see what they say.

I think emailing Don directly would be your best bet.  I am not certain how much information Customer Service would have about the event.  Worst case he can forward your email to someone who can help.

You can find his email address on Kings Islands website.

• Like 3

I was informed that those who bought tickets but did not fill out the second part of the registration may not get a preferred Beast tour time and they will have to guess which tshirt size you need. You also may not get an email this week with the schedule of events.

• Like 3

Thank goodness, no ribs. The keyword folks is pulled pork, with barbeque sauce hopefully.

If enough people complain, and it becomes the laughing stock (or rack) of KIC, you know something might need to change at your event in terms of food offering.

• Like 4

I much prefer the pulled pork, in part because it is harder to mess up. However, it is a bit of a shame about the ribs.

I know they /could/ do them well, because I had some at the KI Kicks Cancer comedy show and dinner later last summer, and they were fantastic: tasty meat falling off the bone. Probably being able to make them for a smaller group helped.

It is certainly better that they accept their limitations rather than serving a substandard product again, if they really are unable to make them at least decent in large batches.

• Like 3

I plan to arrive around 2:30pm; I might stop in to see the 3pm COSI show in the Festhaus.

That's enough extra time for me, considering that it is a 35 hour event. :)

By the way, for those wanting to join KIC meetup(s) at the event, make sure to read (& perhaps post in) the Coasterstock Meetup thread. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31925-meetup-at-coasterstock/

• Like 3

Here is a comparison

af4fe520b75adcce5334c543713ca36b.jpg

Top photo provided by CoasterNation

If this years shirt is cotton, I'll just wear last years. I don't like wearing cotton shirts to the park. They don't breath, and they don't dry very well if you get on a water ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm well I wonder how big my shirts going to be now?  Last year I asked for a large and it wore like a medium,  so I didn't wear it - way to small.  This year I asked for an extra large thinking we'd have the same style,  now they changed it to cotton so it might be to big to wear lol.  Oh well I don't go for the shirt,  I go for all the other fun things! :D

• Like 3

Funny, I found the silky shirt last year less breathable than a normal t-shirt. I usually only wear mine to sleep in, because I feel like the sweat builds up and drips under it when I wear it to the park. So, I'm happy about that part. A little less happy about its color, not a big fan of white t-shirts.

I do like the logo, even if it's not as fancy as last year. I would like if they started putting years on them.

• Like 2