PROPERTY ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF Kings Island DRIVE

LetsRide

There is property on the other side (the side opposite the park) of Kings Island Drive. Does anybody know who owns that property? I know this has about a 0.1% chance of happening, but what are the odds that Kings Island would buy that property some day and create a Disney Springs, Universal CityWalk, etc.? Further elaboration: could anyone foresee Kings Island purchasing the land and putting in shops, restaurants, shows, a hotel etc. that would be open year-round? If that isn't a good location, then what about where the random baseball field is behind/next to the water park? Any chance of anything ever going in there?

• Like 2

In case you haven't noticed, "luxury apartments" are purportedly slated for there. Then the tenants will complain of noise, traffic, etc., while others will complain about the tenants and their noise, traffic, etc.

Nothing is being done as of now. A building is still up along with the signs. Land looks like crap. And that was as of 2 weeks ago.

• Like 3

Any changes of zoning for the area come up yet? I still think they may have a hard time getting it rezoned to residential.

Edit: Oh I answered my own question. Apparently there is a zoning meeting for it tomorrow http://m.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2014/12/05/developers-planning-35m-apartment-project-at.html

That article was from 2014.

• Like 3

I honestly don't understand the point of Kings Island/Cedar Fair attempting that when there are very nice shopping and dining outlets already nearby in Mason/Deerfield Township along Mason Montgomery Road, and Kennwood Towne Centre isn't that far either, not to mention a booming West Chester and Liberty Township with their new Liberty Center.  

Sounds like a losing battle for Kings Island. 

• Like 6

Oh, whoops. Then that "building starting in the spring" didn't happen, either. Wonder what happened? Zoning board not as enthusiastic as they assumed? KI fight rezoning? Big amount of silence.

Edit: hmm, this article says rezoning was approved but the township has to approve a final plan before construction began... But again, no movement since then

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:Q2ipWn1X

• Like 6

Oh, whoops. Then that "building starting in the spring" didn't happen, either. Wonder what happened? Zoning board not as enthusiastic as they assumed? KI fight rezoning? Big amount of silence.

Edit: hmm, this article says rezoning was approved but the township has to approve a final plan before construction began... But again, no movement since then

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:Q2ipWn1X

I had heard that the developer ran out of money and that's why razing has stopped, but don't hold me to that...
  • Like 5