Virtual reality rides set to invade theme parks in 2016

Ya, it's not like WMG where they can just hose off the glasses... Those headsets are going to be gross...

Unless they made these things water proof.. doubtful, but..

which brings me to question. If it's sprinkling, and a coaster hasn't needed to be shut down, does that mean VR will be postponed until the weather becomes less wet?

• Like 3

The only way I see that the VR "helmet" will stay safe from disengagement is for it to be connected to the headrest like an electric chair's helmet... Also as someone stated some will get ill... if someone is getting ill from mothion sickness, can the helmet be taken off or will the rider have to vomit throughout the ride wearing the thing? Either way, I'm not paying extra for that... But that is just me, I know others will line up to toss over cash to do it.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Although I would rather not see VR at all on rides, at least on a Drop Tower you aren't stuck on the brake run for 10 minutes with the headset waiting for the other train to dispatch. It would probably work even better at a park with S&S Towers where one or more towers was for VR and the rest without VR.

• Like 1

VR needs to be on rides if the ride's designed to deal with the loading times..

Im not a fan of rides that offer multiple ride experience options for the same physical track. It makes the line feel slower as you have basically half the opportunities to ride even if you don't opt for the augmented reality