2015 KIC Off Season Poll Series Week IX: 2016 Priority Parks

BB1

As 2016 is only days away, this lets us reflect on the past, but more explicitly what we need to do in 2016. With parks like Cedar Point and Dollywood getting major attractions in 2016, along with other parks, it makes the season seem so packed with new thrills. So with this being the last week of 2015, what is your go to park for 2016? Note that you could rank your priorities and or just state your most important park for 2016.

Happy New Year!

• Like 4

Kings Island. I find it really hard for another park to compete with one only a half hour's drive away, that I can enjoy a couple times a week, go to for half days or on a whim to catch a show or other special event if I want.

There is some small possibility we will go to Dollywood in the spring for their new coaster, or Cedar Point in the fall, but they pale in comparison to the sheer volume of fun I'll have on the Island.

• Like 7

Kings Island is my top priority as always and it is looking like this will be my fourth year in a row getting a gold(or platinum :rolleyes: I really want one) pass. 

If we go down to Florida again which Ir eally hope we do since this years was really nice and wonderful, I will again ask for Busch Gardens Tampa tickets, it seems like a great park that I did not fully get to experience.

From what Terpy has been saying I really should visit Kentucky Kingdom next year and I am going to make that a priority.

• Like 4

Kings Island will likely be the park I visit the most.

The other parks I know I'm visiting would be Cedar Point, Carowinds, and Busch Gardens Tampa.

I haven't decided yet if I'm heading east or west for my June trip. I have a CF Platinum Pass, Six Flags pass, and ASTC membership. Those passes, along with campground locations, will guide where I visit.

• Like 5

Cedar Point for Valravn

Dollywood for Lightning Rod, and to laugh at Wild Eagle

Kentucky Kingdom for Storm Chaser

Holiday World for Raven

Busch Gardens Williamsburg for Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Carowinds for Fury 325 and Hurler, and food

Busch Gardens Tampa for Cobra's Curse and Falcons Fury

Kings Island for the fountains and a few rides here and there.

• Like 5

Doing what I do, I need to post in this thread with care.

The park 45 minutes away from me is the one least likely to see me visit, except maybe to--as this year--get a season pass.

I visited Kings Island five times this year. I really need to get to NJFTP and SFNE in 2016. Camden if it is open. There's a storm to be chased (the park would want me to mention its name--but since they didn't see fit to let me in--I won't), there's tea to be drank with the Alabama matriarch.

The manager of Dorney Park would love to see me add to his attendance figures, and I'd love to do that. And out west, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, B.C.'s Playland, Silverwood and the Disneyland Resort (which also means adding Magic Mountain) all beckon.

Where will I actually get to? Kings Island and Alabama are the true musts...if at all possible, if I can see my way there.

• Like 8

I don't know that I have one park I must get to next year, so:

-I really want to get to Carowinds for Cirque Imagine. And/Or Kings Dominion, if it's there. (I feel like, as a coaster fan, Fury 325 should be part of my reasoning, but it really isn't. I just need more Cirque!)

-I'm mildly intrigued by Lightning Rod and haven't been to Dollywood since Wild Eagle was new. So a Dollywood trip might be in order.

-I'm excited to find out if the rumor of Dimensions: A Cirque Experience coming to Kings Island are true.

-I really want to ride Rampage.

-It's fairly certain at this point that I'll be at Six Flags New England sometime next year. I'm excited for it. Especially so for Wicked Cyclone and Superman!

-I'd really like to make it to Disneyland and California Adventure, but there's too many unknowns about 2016 for me that need straightened out before I can commit to a trip like that.

• Like 6

I probably won't be visiting Kings Island until later in the season when I get a 2017 Platinum Pass.  That is, unless I get the band gig, but even then I don't plan to go to enjoy the park much.  

I am planning trips to Holiday World (hopefully for Holiwood Nights) and Kentucky Kingdom (day trip) in 2016, possibly The Beach as well.  

• Like 7

(To the tune of "Vegas Lights" by Panic! at The Disco)

"C. A. R. O. W. I. N D. S. CAROWINDS

Ohhh, Ohh ohh, oh oh oh oh 100 that's right! (x2)

If you only knew, what I'll be up to, in 2016, that's no secret (shh)

So listen to me now, we're gonna fly free now

On this 100th ride, one more time"

On the Hun-dreth ride, we'll be flying over rivers and soaring, and swimming with the Mammoths till we drown!

((To )the Hun-dreth ride, we'll be riding new RMCs, and T3,  and soarin' with the Raven till we're down"

Ok, I'll stop  :P. But seriously, Carowinds is my must-visit park this year. Why? Because Cirque, Nighthawk, Fury and other reasons. On the way, I'll be sure to hit Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom. In addition to the coasters, I'd like to try other rides at the parks such as the Gliders, Drop Tower, and Boo Blasters (Carowinds); Cyclos, the Rapids ride, and Tin Lizzies (Kentucky Kingdom) and Revolution and Turkey Whirl (Holiday World).

Also on the list is Cedar Point for Valravn along with other greats such as Millienium Force and Maverick.

EDIT: And of course, I'll be visiting Kings Island a lot too!

• Like 5

Definitely as much Kings Island as we can.  We really kicked around Dollywood for this year, but it was not to be.  Maybe for 2016.

We have not been to Holiday World in at least 17 years, so we may look at a day trip.

Now, if Kings Island would only release their calendar for 2016, I can really start planning

• Like 5

I want to get to new parks this year. I am done with school this spring, but this is also a very busy summer for me.

I would like to get to Kennywood, Waldameer, Indiana Beach, and Kentucky Kingdom, on top of the usual Kings Island and Cedar Point trips. Those parks are all new for me, and are in a reasonable driving distance. I wouldn't mind a weekend in Charlotte either...

• Like 5

The parks that I will definitely be visiting are Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom.

Other than that....

I'm wanting to get out to Indiana Beach under it's new management and see if they will be starting to live up to the changes that they've recently been claiming to be making.....

I could end up riding the new RMC in the hills of Tennessee next season as well. In my SIX lineup for 2016, I'm not exactly sure yet, but Great America and Mid-America will probably be on the list.

Honestly, beyond what I've mentioned, I'm not really sure yet. Usually I do most of my planning once the new year has begun.

• Like 4

I'll be hitting CW a lot... At an hour and a half, it's easily the closest park that isn't just for small children...

Hammering out the details right now of a 6 day swing through Ohio for a couple days each at KI and CP, with a bit of sightseeing and shopping thrown in...

Thinking of a day trip to La Ronde or Darien Lake, mostly due to proximity...

Anything above that will depend on how much time off I can get and the weather...

• Like 6

For me, my must-go-to parks this year are Kings Island and Dollywood. Haven't been to KI in four years. Far too long. And I've never been to Dollywood but I'd really like to go there.

As excited as I am about Valravn at CP, I just went in August 2015. 2017 will probably be the next year I make it up there.

I am also hoping to make Busch Gardens Tampa my home park, but that depends on if we get our house on the market this year. So much to do.

Edit to add: Maybe stops at KK and Holiday World as well. I haven't been to Holiday World and Thunderbird looks incredible.

• Like 4

Several day trips to Kings Island and Cedar Point seem certain. Holiday World for the first time since 2013 is a high priority, as is at least one new-to-me park. (eg. SFGAd, Dorney Park, Hersheypark, Knoebel's, SFFT, SFOT, BGT, Conneaut if it exists)

I might also return to Carowinds, especially if Coaster Crew does another event there. Reducing my 2016 chances for Carowinds and Kings Dominion is the fact that each park just removed their (IMO) second-best coaster in favor of something I can ride with a much shorter drive.

• Like 5

2016 is the year for Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Those parks will be our far reaching destinations this year. 2013 was Cedar Point, 2014 was Canada's Wonderland, and 2015 was Carowinds.

Living just minutes from Kings Island will give us plenty of whim park time and having family in Knoxville gives us close access to Dollywood. Have yet to experience an RMC. Holiday World is highly considered too. Consider us being at Cedar Point during the week of Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force evening ride events while enjoying Maverick in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

A farewell trip or two to KI and CP, likely with a fellow board member from Indy, and incognito to the rest.  Also, a trip to Adventureland in Altoona, IA to experience Monster and to enjoy their two woodies, and this trip will likely also include a weekday stop at WoF to ride Prowler for the FIRST time, and refresh my good memories of Patriot and Mamba.  I will be in Tennessee for the three Alpine Coasters, and to visit Dollywood the day after opening day as well.  Beyond that, a stop at KD will be planned both on our drive to and from Florida during our trip down there to secure employment and housing, and then of course regular trips to WDW, BGT, and Seaworld once we are moved and settled.

• Like 3

Well, let's see. Obviously KI because there's no park like Home Park. Then there are all these...

Cedar Point for Valravn and a Maggie marathon or two.

Kennywood, because nostalgia and sentimental value of KI aside, it's my favorite park.

SFGAm, which I will attempt to get my dad to accompany me to, as he grew up riding the American Eagle and I am concerned it may not have much time left.

Valleyfair! Because it is a new favorite as of my visit this past summer. Ed Alonzo may have contributed to that.

Stricker's, because my last trip was with someone special who I will likely never see again. Need to close that book once and for all.

And of course, Hartland because Storm Chaser looks fantastic..

Basically, any parks that I get to won't cause me to complain. Unless it's Mount Olympus. But if I'm in the Dells, there's a much better coaster to be ridden less than a mile up the road.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Kings Island, of course.

Kennywood, because, like homestar92, it's one of my favorites. Plus, I want to see what happened to Noah's Ark this year.

I was telling myself that Storm Chaser wasn't going to be enough for me to go back to Kentucky Kingdom, but I don't know if that's true anymore. The pull of an RMC this close to home is getting really hard to resist. And I keep thinking about how much I liked Lightning Run...

If I play my cards right (and if flights stop being so stinking expensive), I'll be at Carowinds and/or Kings Dominion this year during their Cirque Imagines' runs with some really close friends I haven't seen in way too long. I really, really hope that works out, because I miss those people like crazy. (Coincidentally, they're also _NFPs.)

I'm aiming for a visit to Knoebels and/or Great Adventure, too, but it's anyone's guess as to whether or not those will happen.

EDIT: Whooooops! Apparently I already posted in this thread. I like to daydream. Sue me!

• Like 2

Things have changed dramatically since my original post in this thread.

Now:

Kings Island

Camden Park

NJFTP, maybe.

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Lakeside

Lagoon

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

California's Great America

Disneyland

California Adventure

Scandia

SeaWorld San Diego

Belmont Park

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Silverwood

We'll see.

Priority one is finding semi-reasonable, safe housing in or not too far from San Feancisco. I also believe in the Easter Bunny.

• Like 6

Already been lucky enough to go on one coaster trip this year, so it's starting out pretty good.

I know I'll go to KI and CP. KI frequently. Being just a couple hours from there, I love to go up on a Sunday morning. Saturdays are usually to crowded for me. I'd like to hit up a couple new parks within driving distance, but like my last trip, I probably won't have much planned until a couple weeks before, pretty spontaneous like that.

And Camden Park. I usually try to hit it a couple times. Maybe more important, if not emotional, than it ever has. I also just love The Whip. Who knows, maybe I'll just run into ol' Terp there. That'd be neat.

• Like 2