Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

A few thoughts on the prizes. Even if you are a Pokemon fanatic like I am, never get the Pokemon prizes (at least not a Squirtle); they are so stiff! However, I do remember my parents won this huge Taz plush with a UC shirt on at game in Coney Mall back in the day and it was in my mom's classroom (she was a teacher) for many years; good times!  :D

Normally, when I go to the park, I'm there for the rides first and then some of the shows; I rarely play the games. Also, if/when I do play games (whether at a carnival or an amusement park), I play something based on the prizes I'd get, not necessarily the game itself. Obviously. the game itself is important, but the prizes are the first thing I look for.  

• Like 4

I remember they used to have a LEGO Death Star at the ring toss game. I always wanted it but my parents always said no. Now as a teenager, I still kind of want it, but it would be "lame" to choose it out of all the other prizes if I won it.

Then later as an adult, a Lego Death Star sounds like an awesome prize lol.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I remember they used to have a LEGO Death Star at the ring toss game. I always wanted it but my parents always said no. Now as a teenager, I still kind of want it, but it would be "lame" to choose it out of all the other prizes if I won it.

Then later as an adult, a Lego Death Star sounds like an awesome prize lol.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yes! A former team member used his hotel points for the Lego space shuttle and spent his comp day putting it together. He was so happy and used it as a decoration at his desk for all of us to enjoy. :)

• Like 5

About basketballs and annoying stuff like that-

I'm not fond of them, and yes, to some people they are a piain in the butt,

Yet at the same time, we all have to remember not to be Cartman.

Other people and their habits are going to go against our personal safe zones ( I hate using thosr words),

But those people are in the park for a good time, too.

I think sometimes, well, at least in this forum, we forget that other people have the right to enjoy their visit to the park too. They are also entitle to fun, games, and relaxation, and yes, even smoking in the proper areas.

It's not our private domain. Sometimes I got through discussions and people are simply being cranky, like little kids who need a nap.

Perhaps, well, in my case, at least, it might do to be a little fuss budgety and let go of our tiny peeves and enjoy the phenomena we have with KI.

Really- how many people in the world are lucky enough to have a park nearby where we just drop in a few times a week if we choose?

• Like 8

Now that the old funnel cake building is gone and the area is dug up.... There isn't much activity going on there. Suppose this is going to be a "green area" for this season? The WWC lockers and dryer are still there....for now.

I'm going to keep my eyes on this area for... For next season perhaps?

• Like 3

About basketballs and annoying stuff like that-

I'm not fond of them, and yes, to some people they are a piain in the butt,

Yet at the same time, we all have to remember not to be Cartman.

Other people and their habits are going to go against our personal safe zones ( I hate using thosr words),

But those people are in the park for a good time, too.

I think sometimes, well, at least in this forum, we forget that other people have the right to enjoy their visit to the park too. They are also entitle to fun, games, and relaxation, and yes, even smoking in the proper areas.

It's not our private domain. Sometimes I got through discussions and people are simply being cranky, like little kids who need a nap.

Perhaps, well, in my case, at least, it might do to be a little fuss budgety and let go of our tiny peeves and enjoy the phenomena we have with KI.

Really- how many people in the world are lucky enough to have a park nearby where we just drop in a few times a week if we choose?

I don't think the issue is with the actual games, it's with the people who don't know how to act respectful with their prizes. Granted, the bouncing is annoying to my ears but that's just a personal pet peeve of mine, not anything I'd be making a real fuss over. However, as mentioned by another poster, I've seen balls hit people, knock food out of hands, etc. I'm not trying to suck the fun out of anyone's experience, it's just that their right to fun ends when it violates the rights of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

That's my thought too! I'm going to guestimate and say that the track is anywhere from 15-35 feet from the ground... let's hope no one can throw a ball that high! :D

Attempted murder, anyone?  Basketballs and coasters have intermixed at the park for a long time now.  Still won't be surprised to see nets, but if not it really shouldn't matter.

• Like 1

That's my thought too! I'm going to guestimate and say that the track is anywhere from 15-35 feet from the ground... let's hope no one can throw a ball that high! :D

Attempted murder, anyone?  Basketballs and coasters have intermixed at the park for a long time now.  Still won't be surprised to see nets, but if not it really shouldn't matter.

Could the bars or whatever they are that lean at a ~45-degree-angle against the goal assembly be there for some netting maybe?  Not sure why they are there otherwise.

• Like 2