Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Look at the webcam at funnel cakes now. It's not a tree or trees.. It's something else. A structure of some kind? Looks kind of like a small tower. Look before the sun comes up and casts shadows. I'm beginning to think again that the WWC entrance is not moving but this is the start of the "new entrance " promised and only the exit is rerouted. But the question is why, unless this is the quasi entryway to something bigger in the future.

• Like 2

I personally do not care as much what we get. I do hope we get a giga rollercoaster sometime but I would like to see other rides too like a GCI Woodie. Flat rides is another huge thing as we have not gotten a thrilling flat ride since WindSeeker, 5 years! We never did recover from Paramount tearing down so many family and thrill rides in the 1990s and early and mid 2000s and that does need to be addressed.

• Like 9

About basketballs and annoying stuff like that-

I'm not fond of them, and yes, to some people they are a piain in the butt,

Yet at the same time, we all have to remember not to be Cartman.

Other people and their habits are going to go against our personal safe zones ( I hate using thosr words),

But those people are in the park for a good time, too.

I think sometimes, well, at least in this forum, we forget that other people have the right to enjoy their visit to the park too. They are also entitle to fun, games, and relaxation, and yes, even smoking in the proper areas.

It's not our private domain. Sometimes I got through discussions and people are simply being cranky, like little kids who need a nap.

Perhaps, well, in my case, at least, it might do to be a little fuss budgety and let go of our tiny peeves and enjoy the phenomena we have with KI.

Really- how many people in the world are lucky enough to have a park nearby where we just drop in a few times a week if we choose?

I don't think the issue is with the actual games, it's with the people who don't know how to act respectful with their prizes. Granted, the bouncing is annoying to my ears but that's just a personal pet peeve of mine, not anything I'd be making a real fuss over. However, as mentioned by another poster, I've seen balls hit people, knock food out of hands, etc. I'm not trying to suck the fun out of anyone's experience, it's just that their right to fun ends when it violates the rights of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on this, I agree with you. I wish more people would respect the rule of respect. I think in my case, (my big fuss budget is body odor), I let myself get angry and peeved over something that, though it would be nice if they used some super strength deodorant, or in one case of standing in line of FOF, perhaps decided against that onion bloom the night before, it's just not in their personal upbringing to do.

I love the Ephemora A/V Geek section of archive.org. Just like everyone else, And laugh the same as everyone else at the 1950's personal hygiene films. But part of me wishes those instruction films were still in circulation.

I'm used to poor hygiene as I work in a prison, but man did I feel like I got stuck behind every stinky person at the park last season. Ironically, I show a hygiene film from the 80's in my classes. Super cheesy and unfortunately ineffective as well. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Tilt-A-Whirl, Ferris Wheel, Whip, Skyride, Parking lot trams, Dodgem Cars that run at more than 30 percent design speed, turnpike, classic dark ride....

Speaking of Parking Lot Trams.  Stayed at GWL over the weekend and couldn't help but notice that you can see through the trees a large number of parking lot trams.... just sitting there.  Why, after well over a decade of non-use, are those things still around?  It's interesting how you can take a giant structure like Son of Beast and literally almost leave no traces of it's existence (outside of the loading station)- yet some things stick around in the boneyard with no intentions of reuse... for years.

On a side note, couldn't help but notice the Drop Tower lift going up and down yesterday... Just over a month to go (and about 50 degrees).

• Like 9

Definitely new paint. We can start to make some brand new black streaks from the fire!

Glad to see it got some attention finally, even though thats one of the few things that fit the theme more and more the longer it went neglected.The fire gives it an immersive look naturally over time.

• Like 11

This makes me happy.  The Holiday World model, modified, is catching on.  Free self serve stations at HW, self serve stations at KK, and now dedicated refill stations at KI, which may also come to other Cedar Fair parks.

*Note:  Please don't crucify me for the Holiday World model nomenclature, please keep in mind my only parks as an adult are KI, HW, KK, and Dollywood. ;)

• Like 8

Just a quick couple observations about the Fast Lane for this year:

• Base price for Fast Lane is $53 per person; Plus is $68 per person
  • It appears as if there are no quantity discounts.  The cost per unit is exactly the same no matter how many you buy
  • June and July weekdays are priced at $60 & $75, respectively.  All other weekdays are base price.
  • Saturdays & Sundays are priced the same  - $68 & $83, respectively, with the exception of July Saturdays, which are priced at $75 & $90, respectively
  • Like 5