Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

^ As far as I know, except for the fact that attendees must have renewed their 2015 season pass before the fall deadline, details have yet to be announced. I'd keep an eye on the passholder portal.

It's been mentioned in this topic a couple of times. It will be the Friday night before opening day (April 14th I believe) and is only for those who renewed by November (per Don). Further details have not been announced.

That Friday night (April 15) before Opening Day is probably a safe assumption, but I haven't seen confirmation of the date for this year's event from an official source. (Don did not mention a date in the post that you refer to.)

Important to note: The Preview Night in the spring is for passholders who renewed by the November 6 deadline in the fall. Only passes renewed by the deadline will be valid for admission to the preview event.

• Like 2

Actually a ride like Richochet at Carowinds would be a nice little coaster for Rivertown!

indeed, if memory serves me right there is a crypt in that area that could definitely use a minecart system.
  • Like 3

From Kings Island Instagram account.

I wonder if it's getting a new light package ala SR&R?

(picture)

https://instagram.com/p/BCgH99LOOO8/

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

It could! I looks like all the lights have been removed. Maybe it will resemble the same brilliance as Shake Rattle Roll for 2016! 

What a Monster that lighting package could be.

---

Sometimes it's nice to be a passenger in the car..

2edukqb.jpg

March 3rd, 2016

• Like 12

I'm trying to post a screen shot from my phone, but I can't remember how to post a photo.  It seemed easier on a different thread.  I'll find the thread that discussed photo files and then post it.  If The Interpreter has Facebook, I am sure he could spot it right away.

Magenta Lizard, if I stated what it was about the post, it would give it away, which I am interested in knowing if anyone else spotted the mistake.

• Like 2

If The Interpreter has Facebook

Per his employer's policy, he does not.

That said, now that you say "mistake", are you referring to the lowercase "i" in "Kings Island", which this forum's word filter automatically corrected when I posted it? :)

• Like 7

Just a quick couple observations about the Fast Lane for this year:

• Base price for Fast Lane is $53 per person; Plus is $68 per person
  • It appears as if there are no quantity discounts. The cost per unit is exactly the same no matter how many you buy
  • June and July weekdays are priced at $60 & $75, respectively. All other weekdays are base price.
  • Saturdays & Sundays are priced the same - $68 & $83, respectively, with the exception of July Saturdays, which are priced at $75 & $90, respectively

And as always, prices are subject to change without notice

• Like 8

Disney parks are beginning seasonal and event pricing based on attendence records. Soon, on days that are typically crowded the price goes up and likewise when attendance is down on specific days the price goes down.... How long do you think it will take before CF adopts this policy?

• Like 3

In a way they already have adopted that policy for the last several years.  Halloween Haunt admission is cheaper on Friday nights, which are typically less crowded, and Saturday admission is more expensive when Haunt is far more crowded.  

I believe that they could start doing this with their food items, as a lot of food locations now have TV menu boards...

It makes sense from a business standpoint in terms of supply and demand.

• Like 3

Eh, I think changing the price of food items is a bit much. it could make visitors mad when they're used to a certain product being a certain price and suddenly it's changed on them. The park could lose those dollars to an outside restaurant. (Does reentry/parking again cost anything when you don't have a season pass?)

Admission and Fast Lane changing prices is fine. Food MIGHT be taking it too far. I dunno.

I guess most visitors won't notice the price changes but if someone gets the same thing every time and the price jumps around, they could get irritated.

• Like 5

Demand based pricing for food would make sense though - most park guests flood the food stands at the peak lunch and dinner times. If the park wanted to spread out these crowds instead, ensuring fewer guests wasted time queuing for food, they could incentive them to go at irregular hours with cheaper prices.

Now figuring out all the logistics of this system may be a bit challenging, and I don't foresee Kings Island attempting it anytime soon.

• Like 1

This seems a bit relevant since this is a Kings Island thread... 

http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20160302/31662/son-beast

An excellent article on the rise and fall of an innovative Y2K coaster from our own bkroz.

-MDMC, who is going from 0-SOB in just 1 post :P

(Also, If this belongs in a different thread, please let me know :))

EDIT: Also, 43 days until Opening Day!

• Like 7

As for the changing food price, that would be one way to ruin customer good will

Uh sir that's 63$ for the pizza

But when I picked it up they said it would be 45

Yes but see after 1130 we go to lunch pricing

I have been in line since 1045

Yes but it's not 1135...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4