Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

As for the changing food price, that would be one way to ruin customer good will

Uh sir that's 63$ for the pizza

But when I picked it up they said it would be 45

Yes but see after 1130 we go to lunch pricing

I have been in line since 1045

Yes but it's not 1135...

...or, it was $45 yesterday. Tell you what, you keep it. Oh, that piece my three year old slobbered on? I'm so mad I'm not telling.

Employee looks around, takes pizzas to back, puts them back in holding oven.

Next customer. Enjoy (her) slobber!

• Like 5

I would hate to be that next customer. :wacko:

6 Saturdays until Opening Day!!!!  :)  :D  B)

Clearing is continuing near the Bolt Shed, though I do not know what exactly that could be for.

Construction._zps1vhtdgli.jpg

It looks like they have got that area that used to have the entrance to WWC and the Funnel Cake Place and shelter cleared out. There is also clearing it looks like in the woods where the Old WWC Path used to be. The new Funnel Cake Place looks nearly complete!

DB.._zps3lkorjoi.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice day!

• Like 7

Just passed the park. There looks to be a lot of torn up asphalt in the area around the old south entrance. From the road looked to be not just a lane or two but what would look like a good sized Kroger parking lot.

Also they are building a wall between the two new entrances by Great Wolf. The turn lane seems like maybe 2 lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well the people coming from the south look like they will have a continuous right turn lane and the people coming from the north will have lane to turn left. Both are located directly next to the Great Wolf exit.

And edit. Just drove back and the torn up asphalt area may actually be he grassy area next to the old entrance. Sorry!

• Like 3

Boy it sure does look like I've missed alot while I've been gone, Hopefully I'll get to stick around

for awhile, might learn something.

Can't wait.

I was just thinking about you this morning.

Welcome back!

Thank ya! 

• Like 2

Looks like a nice pretty sign is coming to the entrance of the new toll gates!

12788202_1171331579545369_1049895418_n.j

Also, by the way. About the path that is going through the parking lot, it's possible that it's an exit to the parking lot and it's connecting to the Soak City drive.

• Like 10

Making everyone enter there makes more sense. Making people drive all the way down to the old entrance just to drive back the way they came is a bit ridiculous, and it also gives more room for traffic entering from the south, helping relieve possible backups on I-71.

• Like 8

^

The only real reason you can't make out any paths is because Diamondback's 30" yellow columns are in your viewing path.

Well partially. I highly doubt if a path was behind there it would totally stay straight behind a dingle support, it sould veere off enevtually I assume.

Making everyone enter there makes more sense. Making people drive all the way down to the old entrance just to drive back the way they came is a bit ridiculous, and it also gives more room for traffic entering from the south, helping relieve possible backups on I-71.

Ridiculous? That's what northbound traffic has to do now! But concerning the backup we usually have, giving the northbound traffic the leg up makes more sense, I agree
  • Like 3

edited for space, sorry.

I'm used to poor hygiene as I work in a prison, but man did I feel like I got stuck behind every stinky person at the park last season. Ironically, I show a hygiene film from the 80's in my classes. Super cheesy and unfortunately ineffective as well. ;)

Along the lines of the "Mister Bungles" PSA that they showed on HBO's Peewee's Playhouse, no doubt. The conundrum of stink is that those that stink are used to it.

• Like 2

Fluctuating food prices doesn't negate the quality of the food or food service, in fact it might turn people away from eating in the park. If something seems too expensive to begin with, a raise in price on a given day could cause guests to leave to eat and once out of the park they may not return.

• Like 4

Especially for those (like me) who read and heard first hand accounts of the dismal level of service provided by those who staffed and Managed the various food service establishments within the park last year.  Those accounts were enough to make me pass on the $135 upcharge for All Season Dining on my pass this year.

• Like 5

I think that Soak City Drive is supposed to have exits directly to I71 north via stop light with left turns to KI drive south. Now whether that is completed and ready for use by opening season is the question.

• Like 5

I've posted this before, but I cant find the old thread that was talking about the improvements.

https://youtu.be/oT8ndixalr0

I could've sworn that northbound access to I71 was going to be added for the regular parking lot exit. I never heard of Soak City drive getting one. (That light will have semi close access down where I71 N gets off.)

Apparently this page does not tell of such an addition by the KI exit, or it won't be happening.

http://www.imaginewesternrow.com/projects

• Like 4

Fluctuating food prices doesn't negate the quality of the food or food service, in fact it might turn people away from eating in the park. If something seems too expensive to begin with, a raise in price on a given day could cause guests to leave to eat and once out of the park they may not return.

That's the first I've heard of that, crazy. The food prices down the street does not change on a "busy day".

• Like 5

I've posted this before, but I cant find the old thread that was talking about the improvements.https://youtu.be/oT8ndixalr0

I could've sworn that northbound access to I71 was going to be added for the regular parking lot exit. I never heard of Soak City drive getting one. (That light will have semi close access down where I71 N gets off.)

Apparently this page does not tell of such an addition by the KI exit, or it won't be happening.http://www.imaginewesternrow.com/projects

I think in the very very beginning it was a proposal. After analysis, they probably thought it wasn't feasible. I like the current proposal if their intent is a two lane continuous right exit at Western Row to north I71. That would eleviate much of the south KI drive congestion especially at park closing time.

• Like 5

I know they own about approximately 770 acres at least as they sold some of the land they bought in 1972 for other ventures like the Great Wolf Lodge and such.

*exits stage left for somebody more knowledgeable*  :)

• Like 2