Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

If I buy a pass this year, I won't be getting the meal plan. I have a special diet and if you look at what's being offered, there's not much selection on the healthy side. I would start bringing my own cooler again or just bugging out to eat something healthy.

• Like 6

Anyone else see something about a show called Origins under the 100 reasons page on KI's site? Hmmmm....

Link here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/100-reasons

Also, there's now a Lost and Found form on the site to report a lost article.

EDIT: And Jump! The Ultimate Dog Show? Guess we know what some of the new Live E is for this year...

• Like 6

^

ENTERTAINMENT FOR ALL AGES

86. Be mesmerized by the acrobatic performances of Origins

Very interesting!

EDIT: I also laughed at #99. :lol:

Just saw that... oh Don (or whoever wrote the 100 Reasons site/campaign)... it's like you know us! :D Seriously, though, thanks for the coaster enthusiast reference there!

• Like 3

Also...

17. Pulled down faster than the speed of gravity on the World’s tallest Gyro drop

1. You're not pulled down. It's a freefall (at least until you hit the brakes).

2. 65mph is nowhere near the speed of gravity. According to various sources, the speed of gravity is the same as the speed of light (see https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3232-first-speed-of-gravity-measurement-revealed/ for more details).

• Like 4

ENTERTAINMENT FOR ALL AGES

86. Be mesmerized by the acrobatic performances of Origins

Very interesting!
Interesting, indeed! "Origins" is not the sort of name I would think to attach to a replication of Dimensions: A Cirque Experience at Canada's Wonderland, which is what I was expecting us to get. "Origins," to me, implies a story about the origin of something, which Dimensions really wasn't about, as I saw it. Actually, Dimensions didn't really have a story at all, although it was still an excellent show.

And now I'm dying to see the 2016 Live E page even more!

• Like 5

1. Exclusive Parking Lanes for SP holders in our NEW Parking Toll Plaza

That is a good idea as scanning your season pass takes less time than buying for parking, good idea Kings Island!

1. Experience what it’s like to be a stunt car driver

*Shouts to my mother* Another reason to get me a Platinum Pass, I can get experience what its like being a stunt car driver!  B)  :)

• Like 3

15 world class roller coasters

Can someone please tell me where coaster number 15 is? Cause I am only counting 14.

Invertigo
The Bat
Banshee
Adventure Express
The Racer
Flight of Fear
Firehawk
Vortex
Backlot Stunt Coaster
The Beast
Diamondbac
Flying Ace
Woodstock Express
Great Pumpkin Coaster.

That's 14. Where is 15?

• Like 1

If you were to get technical with The Racer...

It is two completely separated tracks, unlike a ride like Twisted Colossus which is connected together in one full circuit.

The structure is connected together through most of the ride (for The Racer) but there is still technically a North and South side for it.

So would The Racer be considered two separate rides? Yes. But for Coaster credits, It's only considered 1 (to most people, but some will still do two credits)

• Like 3

If you were to get technical with The Racer...

It is two completely separated tracks, unlike a ride like Twisted Colossus which is connected together in one full circuit.

The structure is connected together through most of the ride (for The Racer) but there is still technically a North and South side for it.

So would The Racer be considered two separate rides? Yes. But for Coaster credits, It's only considered 1 (to most people, but some will still do two credits)

I consider it to be a single ride (because of the single structure), but two credits (because of the two separate tracks). On the latter point, coaster-count.com agrees with me.

• Like 2

I say most racing coasters that have 2 separate tracks are 1 credit, but if I only ride one side, it still counts as a full credit. Here is an example of what I mean: Even though I only rode one side of Thunder Road, I don't count this as a 1/2 credit, I still consider it a complete credit. That's just how It works out for me; but to each their own :D

• Like 1

When you're stalking the webcams, waiting and watching for the park to start testing the rides for upcoming season.  Saw them putting the BLSC thru some paces this morning.  The white train, on one of its runs, did not make it up the top of the helix hill, and actually rolled back down from where it came.  First time I'd ever seen that happen!

• Like 1

2 separate, never intersecting tracks makes it 2 coasters. 2 credits. Möbius loop coaster? 1 credit.

I have a half credit on Kennywood's Racer.

I honestly don't see the debate.

Why? Because they're the same layout (mirrored)? Because they're close together?

*shrug*

Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

I should clarify. In my opinion, there is no such thing as half a credit (unless you were evacuated from the MCBR on your first and only ride). I would therefore count Kennywood's Racer as two credits, because it requires two trips through the line to experience both "sides".

Basically, it counts as two credits if two trips through the line are necessary to experience the whole thing.

• Like 2

I'm the opposite. I consider Racer at Kennywood 1 whole credit. Gator does too. 

In my opinion: For a Möbius coaster, you have one complete track, not two separate. If you complete one, it's not one credit as you've not completed the circuit. You would have .5 credit. In order to get the full credit you would have to complete the circuit. Once you do, you have a solid single credit.

• Like 4