Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I could subscribe to that logic for the möbius loop style.

Whose logic? You posted at about the same times as chugh43, so I don't know who you're replying to.
Oops. Thanks. Didnt realize. It was to your reply. Like I could understand why you might count it that way. But I guess technically to both since I like to use it the other way.

-to reiterate. I don't see the debate when it comes to Kings Island's separate racing coasters.

• Like 1

I know its not even close to Halloween yet,  but I found this looking for old Hanna Barbara stuff from Kings Island.  Its from 2009,  showing the Hanna Barbara character's some of us grew up with in the park,  taking part in the Howl-O-Fest event.  I would have loved to have gone to this,  just to take some pics.  Maybe someone here went to this? 

http://attractionsmagazine.com/out-of-the-loop-hanna-barbara-characters-return-for-howl-o-fest/

• Like 5

I'm the opposite. I consider Racer at Kennywood 1 whole credit. Gator does too. 

In my opinion: For a Möbius coaster, you have one complete track, not two separate. If you complete one, it's not one credit as you've not completed the circuit. You would have .5 credit. In order to get the full credit you would have to complete the circuit. Once you do, you have a solid single credit.

I'm MDMC01 and I approve this message! :D

Seriously, I do agree with you all (chugh/Gator/calakepepe) on the mobius coaster being 1 whole credit and only riding 1 side = 1/2 credit.

• Like 3

How long does it take for testing for each ride would you guys say? Diamondback still has one train (I think) on the track right now

Few cycles for each ride/train on established rides and the mechanics are happy.

Or until the State says they are happy.

Which I believe is a certain amount of complete cycles. Terp?

• Like 4

How long does it take for testing for each ride would you guys say? Diamondback still has one train (I think) on the track right now

Few cycles for each ride/train on established rides and the mechanics are happy.

Or until the State says they are happy.

Which I believe is a certain amount of complete cycles. Terp?

Keyword: mechanics....On established rides, the state inspectors aren't so much worried about number of cycles. They are generally more concerned with the safety of the ride. Such as restraints, E-Stop functionality, ETC

• Like 7

Regulators are far more stringent with new installations.

Existing rides in many states may cycle only once (or in some places, less than that).

As always, New Jersey and California are different. Very much so. And Florida on the opposite end--large theme parks there do their own testing, inspection, etc.

EDIT: Replied simultaneously! :)

• Like 8

When you're stalking the webcams, waiting and watching for the park to start testing the rides for upcoming season.  Saw them putting the BLSC thru some paces this morning.  The white train, on one of its runs, did not make it up the top of the helix hill, and actually rolled back down from where it came.  First time I'd ever seen that happen!

I have been on BLSC when it rolled back from the helix. That night of Haunt shall not be forgotten.

• Like 9

The one now located under the Eiffel Tower is a brilliant spot for one as well. 

I think that one has been there, they just made special note of it on the park map so that people would get their refill there rather than hope into a food line. Also I noticed in the park map that there will be a railroad crossing for the new line for WWC. To me I find this strange, because it wouldn't seem cost affective because now there will have to be a security guard stand post there to make sure people don't cross when the train comes by.

• Like 7