Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

The trim was never used, or at least never noticed by me the many many times riding in 2014 and 2015.

They took the trim off in mid 2014, after it was unnecessary and replaced it with a sensor so they can have 3 trains running at once
It ran 3 trains since day 1.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not only that, But the Trim was always used. After they took the trim out, the second part of the ride was always a bit faster. You could never feel it because that's how great Magnetic braking technology is. You can't feel it.
They may need to bring that tech to The Beast's magnetic trims then
  • Like 2

I know I'm only spreading the flames when I say this, but has anyone else been paying attention to the new enterance? There's obviously a new sign going in, rock features and a recessed area to hold the signature. This sign defintely fits a Kings Island signature, and, I'm kind of impressed that I might be the first to see it!

I had noticed it, and I thought I had posted a picture about it a few pages back, not sure where. But I was quite sure I mentioned a possible plaza by the new entrance.

Yeah it was like right after I did. If it helps it was either a weds or Saturday lol (those are the days my job takes me past the park)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did a little out of the way driveby on Wednesday on my way to Detroit.  I was kind of hoping to stop in the outer dropoff area for a quick rest and check it out.  It was all blocked off with construction equipment.  Looks like they are redoing the parking lot.  I would have gotten pictures, but it was just me.  A little further up is the new gate.  I am not sure how this will work out, but I am intrigued.

• Like 8

I wish I could post pictures of the new entry plaza where the north bound and southbound lanes merge to enter the park to the new gate. It looks like it's going to be a sign and fountain type structure.... Very Las Vegas like.

That's what I was trying to figure out.  I hope that it is not a mess to get in.

• Like 5

I. Think from what I have seen is two left turn lanes from the north at the stop lights heading south and two right from the south. I imagine the lanes will begin expanding into multiple lanes just past the graveyard. I'm thinking that the lanes will immediately merge back into two lanes where the far right lane will be a direct access across the front of the parking lot to Soak City. Also the last I looked the entire old gate area is now being paved as new parking.... Pebbles Overflow is now overflowing. When I was there, it looked like there were many paving vehicles (steam rollers and asphalt eaters).... Maybe a new lot?.... Wouldn't upset me in the least. ;)

• Like 6

Great pictures!!! It will be interesting to see how all of this comes together. I wonder if there will be directional signs showing which lane/lanes to be in for seasons pass only (I'm assuming they will be at both ends of the toll plaza.) and also after the plaza which lane to be in to get to Soak City?

Also, when looking at the DBack webcam... there appears to be a lot of activity in the woods behind the train station. Right now it appears that the trees have been thinned out and there appears to be some "things" in the woods too. Wonder what all that could be? Maybe a redirected queue line from the new entrance with entertainment along the way to the ride?

• Like 6

From driving by it doesn't look like they will be tearing up the entire parking lot (maybe but from a glance doesn't seem enough).

From the drive by I think the new path they are paving by the right side looks like it will go to SC. Or at least that's where the new black top is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Looks like Diamondback's splashdown is getting it's water back! Has anyone seen any rides testing the past 2 days? I've been looking but no movement on any rides. I know Diamondback only has 1 train together. Oh and I noticed that Banshee's burgundy shades are coming back!

I saw WindSeeker testing yesterday while going to pick up some paperwork.

• Like 7

Apparently "the future of KI games is here."

I can't really be sure but it looks like the front of the Coney Mall games building (like down from the classic football throw game).

Cd8Wnk3XEAATqWy.jpg

https://twitter.com/kigamesdept/status/711312143380041729

I originally thought it was related to the soccer game until I looked again at the picture. Now I have no idea.

• Like 7

I was looking around on Google street view, and now I'm nearly convinced the game stand in the background of that picture is the Bank-a-Ball (it looks like the backboards are visible, and it's the only sign on any of those kiosks that has a purple background, like the bit that can be seen in the new game pic).

I had been imagining it to be the goblet toss one, which would have placed the game, reasonably, in the Coney Games building. But the Bank-a-Ball game is near the front of Coney Mall, by Racer's station. I think this new game /may/ going to be going in the building formerly occupied by Attitudes, but I want to look at the angles more.

• Like 3