Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I did a very thorough search through the shops one day last season, specifically looking for posters for someone who asked about it.

There weren't any ride/park specific ones I could find. Only one shop that had more generic "attitude" type posters that had nothing to do with KI.

Also, I looked some more, and I'm pretty sure the new game will be replacing the racing game that was next to Lazer Maze (in the same building as Attitudes).

• Like 2

Another question. Was Kings Island usually busy during the first week of August last year? Me and my sister were thinking of going one day first week in August. We wanted to go on a day when school was in. And usually by August school is back in. Also, I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I still get chills everytime I see Banshee's announcement!

• Like 4

Also, I looked some more, and I'm pretty sure the new game will be replacing the racing game that was next to Lazer Maze (in the same building as Attitudes).

Or, by the "future of KI games", are they just referring to the ability to accept credit cards at the games? That was my first thought when I saw that picture. I know the water guns are missing, but stuff like that would have to be winterized (because of the water pipes), and it's probably easier to just dismantle it and store it in a heated building, so I'm just assuming for now that the water guns haven't been reinstalled yet.

Another question. Was Kings Island usually busy during the first week of August last year? Me and my sister were thinking of going one day first week in August. We wanted to go on a day when school was in. And usually by August school is back in. Also, I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I still get chills everytime I see Banshee's announcement!

First week of August? Yes, they are typically busy, as families get in one last outing before the kids go back to school. Crowd sizes typically take a sharp downward turn about the same time that the park starts closing at 8pm instead of 10pm.

• Like 4

I don't think it's credit card processing, but some new way of "registering" who is ahead (the column of light bulbs). You actually can see the tops of the user controls for the water just on the other side of the blue counter. I didn't notice that at first, but they definitely are the same ones that were already there.

• Like 1

Maybe the game being "the future of games" is similar to the game in the queue line is Soaring at DWorld. For those of you who are not familiar, they use visual sensors so that if you wave your arms or make a chopping motion, you "burst" images on a projected screen for team points.

• Like 2

Yeah, I've been looking at when schools get out. I think that 3rd week of August should be good. But y sister also goes to college so we'll have to go around her schedule. I'm wanting to go on a day in August when they are open from 10am to 10pm

It's a trade-off.  If you want to go when they close at 10, expect higher crowd levels than when they close at 8.  As long as you don't go on a Saturday or a holiday, you'll have a great time.  Weather can often change things around, so if it's a beautiful day, I'd say put off the trip until the weather is cooler, more overcast, or best of all a bit rainy.

• Like 2

I've always wondered that. I've often wondered why KI and the the other parks have not offered Haunt T-shirts that are attraction specific. For example, I truly enjoyed Slaughterhouse... Why can't I express my fandom with a t-shirt? Even the shows that have a following should offer t-shirts. I know it's based on supply and demand, but if they offer a truly cool shirt (example: a Slaughterhouse t-shirt with some of the characters and "chainsaw tracks" (drawn of course) on the front and the back with a huge I SURVIVED on it) I think they would make huge sales.

Maybe for 2016... Eh?

• Like 7

I've always wondered that. I've often wondered why KI and the the other parks have not offered Haunt T-shirts that are attraction specific. For example, I truly enjoyed Slaughterhouse... Why can't I express my fandom with a t-shirt? Even the shows that have a following should offer t-shirts. I know it's based on supply and demand, but if they offer a truly cool shirt (example: a Slaughterhouse t-shirt with some of the characters and "chainsaw tracks" (drawn of course) on the front and the back with a huge I SURVIVED on it) I think they would make huge sales.

Maybe for 2016... Eh?

That could work, I love haunt and would be glad to express my love for haunt with a shirt! 

• Like 4

Does it make sense to ride Invertigo, Drop Tower, Delirium,Flight of Fear, and Firehawk within 2 hours of the park opening?

Since opening day is one of the busiest days of the season..... possibly.  If you start in X-BASE and then head over to Action Zone, you might have a chance of accomplishing your goal.

Fast Lane Passes are a whole different story however........

• Like 4

I'd recommend Flight of Fear, Firehawk, Invertigo, Delirium, Drop Tower in that order.. (I don't think it'll matter too heavily to do Flight of Fear 2nd though either. 

Flight of Fear and Firehawk have nearly the same in PPH, So I would just choose which ride you like best between those two and ride that one first then the others

• Like 1

I have a question since we're talking about gift shops and park hours. How come Kings Island doesn't sell the big giant fun size maps that you can buy at Cedar Point for like $1-2 dollars? I want to buy one for my apartment but I can never find one. :unsure:

I'd love this as well...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that was the one without a mirror, yes. Usually I don't care that much what I look like at the park, but I went in specifically to look in the mirror for some reason, and managed to choose the one restroom without one.

I like it best when they have a mirror on the opposite end from the door, so that people using it aren't in the way of people using the stalls and sinks, and vice versa.

I hope it also means they're installing another bottle filling station there.

• Like 3