Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I got a set of those pins, at Coney Confections (home of $5 t-shirts and 70% off clearance of old stock). I'm a little surprised they're still available on the website, because all the ones they put into clearance sold out before the end of last season.

Fortunately KI has a lot of other cool pins that one can buy. At one point I went and took pics of everything that was available, and posted them IIRC for the person who was asking. I'll see if I can find the post.

Yep, found the thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31107-ride-patches/

Thanks for sharing! My 9yo just got a new denim backpack and is collecting pins for it. She will love looking for them at KI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

You know, I've thought that whole area looks like it could be a water feature.  Do I really think that could happen, though?  No.  But I would probably be in the severe minority in that I would be more excited about a new pond than a new roller coaster.  

Speaking of, I was hoping that the "digging" viewable in the Banshee cam was a new pond as part of a possible new area.  

• Like 8

There used to be many more water features throughout KI.  There used to be one in front of the Oktoberfest Gardens and one in Coney Mall, by what is now a designated smoking area.  These were simply fountains that came out of the pavement a couple feet in the air, and the water drained through the pavers.  Cool feature, and added some liveliness to the midway.  Sad when these left.  I like the river that leads to Diamondback`s splash pond, but it is so far away from the midway, that few people probably realize it is even there.

• Like 10

Is there a passholder preview day this year? I know Carowinds had one and Cedar Point is having one but will Kings Island be having one? I can't find it anywhere on the website or on Google. I am driving down from Cleveland on the 15th so I was wondering if I could possibly riding coasters a day earlier than expected.

• Like 3

It certainly looks like it.  That building looks fantastic.  You know, we are all so spoiled by Kings Island's normal capital improvement budget.  This may seem like an "off" year to some people, but that building alone is a sizable investment/project...not to mention the new slide complex.  Kings Island's construction might is really staggering, when you think about it....

• Like 9

It's also interesting that it's called Rivertown... But there isn't much of a town yet. Maybe the new funnel cake and other stuff gathered together will make it a little more like a town. If the new "FC" area is a pond/ faux-river, maybe it will follow downstream to WWC in some way. Can't wait to see what's going on in the woods.... Hmmm I'm intrigued now.

• Like 5