Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

They are testing Delirium and Slingshot today! Another sign of Opening Day just around the corner! Who's going to be there Passholder Night or Opening Day? I'll be there for the Passholder Night.

EDIT: CoasterOhio just beat me to it.

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 4

Maybe Rivertown is getting its river back.

It already has a river according to CoastersRZ......

I like the river that leads to Diamondback`s splash pond, but it is so far away from the midway, that few people probably realize it is even there.

:)

There's not a river anymore - the waterfall that pours into Diamondback's pool is a single feature without any visible connection. But before Diamondback, there used to be a different waterfall that into Swan Lake and originated from all the way from next to the train station. The small bridge guests pass under after the old WINGS restaurant used to be over this stream.

• Like 5

It's also interesting that it's called Rivertown... But there isn't much of a town yet. Maybe the new funnel cake and other stuff gathered together will make it a little more like a town. If the new "FC" area is a pond/ faux-river, maybe it will follow downstream to WWC in some way. Can't wait to see what's going on in the woods.... Hmmm I'm intrigued now.

It used to feel much more like a town, especially before Diamondback. There was a small outdoor stage (where the country shows were prior to moving to Festhaus), a lake, a lot more trees... It was a much different area.

• Like 5

^ I thought someone said a while back that Diamondback was testing? :unsure:

I don't think so. The second train was just added last week. I'm guessing that they are testing the more complex rides first. If guess Backlot takes some time to test.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

La Rosa's (saloon), the game room (general store), and The Beast station (mill) constitute as much of a town as an old mine was likely to have back then anyway. Add in Old Tyme Photos (bordello maybe?), the train station, and Diamondback Trading Post, it's quite the rockin' center of commerce :)

To me, RHoFG's theming plopped into the middle interrupts the feel of the "town" more than any lacking elsewhere.

• Like 9

La Rosa's (saloon), the game room (general store), and The Beast station (mill) constitute as much of a town as an old mine was likely to have back then anyway. Add in Old Tyme Photos (bordello maybe?), the train station, and Diamondback Trading Post, it's quite the rockin' center of commerce :)

To me, RHoFG's theming plopped into the middle interrupts the feel of the "town" more than any lacking elsewhere.

While I really like RHoFG, I can't help but think how perfect that would have been in the old International Restaurant location.

• Like 2

Yes, they did used to sell UDF Homemade brand ice cream at KI.  Now they sell Graeters, which is known as a super premium brand, and is expensive outside of KI.

Yes, there used to be a sports themed store I believe in the area that is now part of the Starbucks.

• Like 4

That's not the way sponsorship in a park works.

I loved the four different kinds of pizza NJFTP served. Once pizza was sponsored (at first Papa John's, then Famous Famiglia), that ended.

The sponsor pays big money to be exclusive.

Would you be willing to pay more for admission/season passes for more choices? I would. Most would not.

• Like 10

Going to a theme park and eating food used to be a unique experience. Potato Works used to be the only place anywhere where you could get gigantic French fries (that I'm aware of... At one time the world was a smaller place), and I'm not sure how many of you ever enjoyed KIs frozen bananas coated in chocolate and covered in nuts. (I believe they were a Dole product) Unique foods. But for the most part name a food in the park today that you couldn't find in your local mall food court. I have paid additional costs for unique foods at Disney World (additional costs are an understatement there).

• Like 10