Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I'm actually glad they did the chicken salad at Chicken Shack, it still may not be healthy, but I personally am more inclined to get lettuce on my meal with it as a salad over a wrap, but that's just me because I hate salad in wraps, I know, I'm weird lol.

• Like 2

This is our first time renewing our gold passes. I renewed online on Oct. 23rd. Do we have to go through the processing center or is it automatic for renewals? I'm thinking its automatic because my pass portal on the app says 2016 but just wanted to be sure (it erroneously says 2016 + dining so I know it's not 100% accurate).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you renewed online you shouldn't have to go through the processing center. Even if you don't have to do that, it's always a good idea to bring receipts/documents from your renewal, just in case it didn't go through with the pass. 

• Like 4

That is very true. The LEDs were older, and were not very eye popping, like those on Shake Rattle and Roll.  Hopefully this will add some nice features at night.  Now lets hope they give the Monster an updated lighting package.

I love the blue color of the structure.  Kind of wish they would have painted the cars as well.  They do not seem to fit the bright blue color. 

It would also be nice if they added some additional flat rides to Coney Mall with some awesome LED light packages.  I have long felt that the former Salt Water Circus site (the grassy area by the turnaround for Diamondback`s pull into the station), would be a good spot for a flat ride, as well as the former Flight Commander site, and between The Racer and Flight of Fear.  Kind of bummed that Carowinds is getting four "new" flats for next year.  Hopefully KI can feel the same love for flats one year.  

• Like 11

Scrambler makes me a little nauseous just to watch it in action, but my wife and kids love it, so I've spent a lot of time observing it in action.  After seeing what they did to SR&R last season, I was hoping this was in the works (for Monster as well) and think the paint job looks great, if the lighting package matches SR&R, that will bring some much needed "pop" to that end of Coney.

• Like 7

Ew. What is with these colors? Did Ed Hart help them pick it out?? Blue as a base has loads of complimentary colors, but purple and teal are too close together on the color wheel! Unless you want unity like on Invertigo, then only ditch the purple. But goodness.. Horrid. Some orange, red, maybe yellow.

2q06lav.jpg

Here's a chart to showcase my point and help support my outrage.

color%20wheel%20complementary%20colors.g

Was that sufficient?

• Like 8

Ew. What is with these colors? Did Ed Hart help them pick it out?? Blue as a base has loads of complimentary colors, but purple and teal are too close together on the color wheel! Unless you want unity like on Invertigo, then only ditch the purple. But goodness.. Horrid. Some orange, red, maybe yellow.

2q06lav.jpg

Was that sufficient?

I agree 100% on ditching the ridiculous purple, the green I can handle, as I am one who likes unity and subtlety.  If they want it to "stand out" then OK throw some red for accent stripes, and maybe some chrome/silver.

EDIT:  LOL nah, if Hart had helped, it would be a lot more pastel, and "Scrambler" would be written like a newspaper clipped ransom note.

• Like 5

2q06lav.jpg

Was that sufficient?

Ed would have painted it red :P
  • Like 5