Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I wouldn't mind seeing light shows on the buildings and stings of Edison LEDs across the midway in some areas to bring the lighting design together. Now all we need, say right about where the old Flight Commander mound is, is a Giant Wheel with a scrolling light show too!

• Like 9

Personally I like the new LED lighting packages. They keep the classic tradition of having kinetic lights on rides, but with the modern advantage of being reliable and able to shine in any color, including incandescent yellow. They're much more versatile and go a super long time before burning out, because they're incredibly energy efficient.

• Like 12

Im actually kinda liking the blues teals and purple on the scrambler, though i agree the cars would have looked better with a new paint job. The decorative curls on the back feel a little off because the colors, but i cant be too quick to judge until i see what the new LEDs will bring to the table. 

• Like 4

I hope they bring back the Soak City web cam this year.  It would give me an idea of how crowded it was going to be when seeing people start to placing towels on the lawn.  Also curious if they are going to add a lounging area with chairs by the Tropical Plunge.  Definitely needed.

• Like 4

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/live-entertainment

This has been updated to give short descriptions of all the shows this year.

Festhaus - Hollwood Nights & Let It Rock

Kings Island Theatre - Origins - A Cirque Experience

Showplace Theatre - JUMP! The Ultimate Dog Show

Bandstand - Off the Charts & PEANUTS Party in the Park

• Like 10

And watching Shake Rattle and Roll at night was more than enough for me to want it in Coney Mall. It looks like a dream sequence of amusement park heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

know it may sound weird but Shake Rattle and Roll is one of my absolute favorite things about the park at night. It's just so fun to see the bright swirling lights!

• Like 13

I'm surprised they aren't doing a country music show this year. Not that I really cared for it (the country show I saw at CP, with a live band, was far better), but it just seems to be something they do every year.

Looking forward to the new Cirque show as well as the dog show.

• Like 4

2014 and 2013 didn't have a country show I'm pretty sure also :)

They've been done very often, but (luckily) not always!

EDIT- I saw the country show across from Panda Express at Cedar Point and it was different for sure, and definitely had a cooler appeal with it's immersive setting, real instruments, and the in-your-face nature.. which personally I didn't like the in-your-face nature of it, but I still preferred Kings Island Country show for 2015 :P

• Like 4

Close up on the webcam image of the funnel cake dig, it almost looks like a wooden wall is starting to form. It seems to start right across from the lockers. Hard to tell if it's a wall or not since rain is running down the webcam. Maybe one of the KI PR staff can climb up there and hold an umbrella over the webcam for a few hours.

• Like 8