Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

On the dining plan page, the name of Hank's Burrito Shack has reverted to Outerhanks (sic). I assume that this is an error.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

Maybe, they're playing an April Fools joke on everyone. I know I wasn't on here all week, I was on vacation, but anyway they could just be messing with us. By the way, I've seen the term ROI on here several times. What does that mean? Also, thank you guys for being a team and answering my question about Platinum/Gold preview night. ;)

• Like 1

And yet Hank's Burrito Shack is still the name on the "dining locations" page.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-locations

And ROI is Return on investment.

One of the very few acronyms used on this site that is actually Google-able.. it's a little frustrating not remembering or knowing all the acronyms here..

https://www.google.com/search?q=roi&oq=roi&aqs=chrome..69i57j5j0l2.966j0j4&client=ms-android-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• Like 3

I'm just wondering what other improvements in theming lie beyond the bridge. It kind of looks like the wooden fence has been replaced with the same "graveyard" fence that's around Banshee. Could there be more tombstones and such on the other side? Now I'm Kind of interested in finding out.

• Like 4

Folks, not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but we don't need to bump the thread every time a ride is testing. We know the rides are cycling. All the coasters have been cycling that can be seen from the webcams, or have been confirmed by the park.  It is expected for them to be running now, as the park opens in 2 weeks. 

• Like 11

I don't think they would build a coaster over the entrance given the area it would have to turn around.  It'd be messing with either employee parking, handicapped parking, or the backstage area.   I think a pleasing aesthetic would be something they would consider when building a coaster.  I don't want Kings Island pulling a Six Flags and building parking lot coasters, thank you very much.  

As for what coaster I would like next, I say either a Mack Wild Mouse or a GCI.  

• Like 5

^But at least with Dominator they didn't leave it as a parking lot like SFMM did with Scream.

Walking down a midway that overlooks the main parking lot is the most jarring aspect of that ride, especially in contrast to the other areas of the park.

• Like 3