Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Say if I just want a photo from Firehawk, how much would that cost ( will I have to buy a funpix thing for it )? How much does the video for slingshot cost? What ride are you most excited for this season? For those who were wondering, I am not a troll but someone who forgets the questions are in another place on the forum, so that is why I ask the same question a bunch of times. I am a forgetful person with some things. I am also a curious person who forgets the answers to some questions. What rides have cameras?

Say if I just want a photo from Firehawk, how much would that cost ( will I have to buy a funpix thing for it )?

You don't HAVE to buy Funpix if you don't want too. I believe they cost around $15? Could be wrong.

How much does the video for slingshot cost?

Depends on the time of day. Could be $5 to $25

What ride are you most excited for this season?

More excited to work than anything.

What rides have cameras?

Banshee, Firehawk, Vortex, Beast, Diamondback
  • Like 1

I definitely wish Dominator still had its lakeside view/placement, but it honestly doesnt keep me from enjoying the ride.  Now, as for topic at hand, Im still looking at realistic installations for 2017, in other words a small to mid-sized wood coaster, one or two new flat rides, or (less realistic but moreso than the G word) a Maverick style coaster.  What holds me from latching on to that idea is.... Intamin.

Edit:  Another possibility that I feel would fit in well at the park, is a Eurofighter like Mystery Mine (obviously without the themeing) or an S&S like Steel Hawg.

• Like 2

Say if I just want a photo from Firehawk, how much would that cost ( will I have to buy a funpix thing for it )? How much does the video for slingshot cost? What ride are you most excited for this season? For those who were wondering, I am not a troll but someone who forgets the questions are in another place on the forum, so that is why I ask the same question a bunch of times. I am a forgetful person with some things. I am also a curious person who forgets the answers to some questions. What rides have cameras?

Please use the search feature. Forgetting is not an excuse. I'm not an Admin, but I guess a continuation of this behavior is liable to get your account banned. Please read the TOS for this site. Thanks
  • Like 7

When will be the cheapest time to buy tickets during the summer ( I was planning on going in late May but I have a job starting early in June and was wondering if July would be a good time to go to Kings Island to avoid the lines )? Any advice for Drop Tower as I have never ridden a Drop Tower ride in my life ( I know stupid but this is why I am going because I want to get out of my comfort zone )? Is Drop Tower a good way to get prepared for Slingshot and Xtreme Skyflyer ( I will also ride these for the first time in my life )? Also can someone explain the track layout of Firehawk because I love seeing the layout of the track? Is July a time where there are not many crowds at Kings Island? Does the rider pull the lever on Xtreme Skyflyer ( I don't know how to operate these rides )? I am only curious because the park will not contact me with the answers to my questions ( I asked over two months ago ).

• Like 2

When will be the cheapest time to buy tickets during the summer ( I was planning on going in late May but I have a job starting early in June and was wondering if July would be a good time to go to Kings Island to avoid the lines )? Any advice for Drop Tower as I have never ridden a Drop Tower ride in my life ( I know stupid but this is why I am going because I want to get out of my comfort zone )? Is Drop Tower a good way to get prepared for Slingshot and Xtreme Skyflyer ( I will also ride these for the first time in my life )? Also can someone explain the track layout of Firehawk because I love seeing the layout of the track? Is July a time where there are not many crowds at Kings Island? Does the rider pull the lever on Xtreme Skyflyer ( I don't know how to operate these rides )? I am only curious because the park will not contact me with the answers to my questions ( I asked over two months ago ).

Buy your tickets online, join a coaster club that has discounts to the park, get the little coupons at area restaurants that have $ off for general admission, etc. to get the cheapest tickets. 

July has been known to be a busy month at the park.

Advice for Drop Tower. Ride it. Is it good to get prepared for the Slingshot and Xtreme Skyflyer? Depends on the person.

Watch a video on Youtube featuring a Firehawk POV. That'll give you a better idea than someone explaining the layout.

Xtreme Skyflyer, at least one person has to pull the cord.

Also, people may stop answering your questions on here, if you start overloading the forums with them. You can ask questions, but keep the ones you can research on your own off of the forums. 

Google can be great at finding answers to your questions.

• Like 2

Also, people may stop answering your questions on here, if you start overloading the forums with them. You can ask questions, but keep the ones you can research on your own off of the forums. 

Google can be great at finding answers to your questions.

This.

jcgoble3, who has adopted the "scroll quickly" method of dealing with these posts

• Like 9

When I tried to redirect him to the thread he already started, I was told to leave the moderating to the moderators, so moderators, this would be an awesome time to redirect him to that thread but... 

200_s.gif

The oddest thing about Dominator at Kings Dominion for me was that it's flipped from its orientation at Geauga Lake. At Geauga Lake, you enter right down the center of the cobra roll, which was very very cool. At Kings Dominion, views of the coaster from within the park are from vantage points impossible at Geauga Lake... unless by boat.

• Like 9

As someone who is used to frequenting racing forums where the Mods carry heavy and fast ban-hammers (and have far looser censors) I find myself having to quick-scroll here often.  As for Dominator, I Love the ride so much that I didnt really take into account that difference in point of entry, until you brought it up.  Dang, and now thinking about it, you are SO right, that was a really cool point of entry that I rather took for granted!

EDIT:  Back to the KI 2016 topic, I am really, really looking forward to seeing the park, and riding Banshee and Beast for the first time in 2 years.  I never thought, after hearing about Banshee on its reveal night, Id actually ever say I was looking forward to riding it, but the Gatekeeper style restraints made it an invert I can be comfortable in and really enjoy.

• Like 10

I was redirected from Reddit and was wondering about something. How comfy and tight is the harness on slingshot? Also how comfy is the seat on slingshot?

I found it to be good, restraint or seat didn't bother me.

Ryan, who is now getting back on topic

• Like 1

I most likely will be in the Bay Area of California.

I hear it's possible to come back East...

Does this Bay area have some Boomerangs in it as well?

I don't know what is worse, knowing that it has been 23 weeks since I have been to Kings Island or that there are two weeks left until I can return!

• Like 7

For those who were wondering, I am not a troll but someone who forgets the questions are in another place on the forum, so that is why I ask the same question a bunch of times. I am a forgetful person with some things. I am also a curious person who forgets the answers to some questions.

There is a search bar at the top of the webpage.  

• Like 3

What is the best time to ride Slingshot? What is the best time to ride Xtreme Skylfyer? Is Firehawk a good ride to start off the day because of the lines later? How long do the lines for Firehawk get later? Is the middle car on Firehawk a good starting car for first time riders? Is an outside seat on Firehawk good for first time riders?

• Like 2

What is the best time to ride Slingshot? What is the best time to ride Xtreme Skylfyer? Is Firehawk a good ride to start off the day because of the lines later? How long do the lines for Firehawk get later? Is the middle car on Firehawk a good starting car for first time riders? Is an outside seat on Firehawk good for first time riders?

Any time for both, just buy the tickets in the morning for only $5 each, Firehawk and Flight of Fear i would start off, the lines for Firehawk, depending on the day. On weekends I have seen lines get up to an hour and a half to two hours, same with Flight of Fear, I can't answer that one due to they assign your seats for you, preferred seating is not guaranteed.

Ryan getting back on topic again

• Like 1

I think I just lol'ed.

• Like 2

For the love of GOD, will the mods/admins please put an end to this. This is obviously someone trolling the forums.

• Like 8

Just a general note, since this community has a tradition of self-moderation: when one suspects a troll, the most effective response is usually none at all.

If a moderator needs to be involved, there is a "Report" button on each post.

• Like 9

I am not a troll! I am just asking questions that I want answered. That is all I am doing. I thought forums were meant to be asked questions. I am asking my questions on one forum and not making multiple forums to get answers anymore. I can't wait to go to Kings Island in the summer of 2016. Thanks for giving me answers Rhyano.