Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I really hope that it snows next week. Riding The Beast in snow means that I have ridden The Beast in virtually every single weather condition!

Yeah...hate to tell you this, but the prediction is in the high 60's-low 70's and partly cloudy. 

Sorry...

• Like 6

I really hope that it snows next week. Riding The Beast in snow means that I have ridden The Beast in virtually every single weather condition!

Yeah...hate to tell you this, but the prediction is in the high 60's-low 70's and partly cloudy. 

Sorry...

Hey you never know, this is Cincinnati weather that we are talking about.

• Like 9

Wanted to point this out real quick even though it's not affecting Kings Island directly at the moment.

Be glad Dorney Park begins it's season 3 weeks from today. Parts of Northern Ohio and Pennsylvania could see up to 7'' of snow!

• Like 7

Ugh! Glad it's there and not where I am... We missed that mess. So I guess for today it can be called the Snow Beast?

Also...

0B81E73B-A916-487A-B8CF-6B67B9B1EC58_zps

Not sure what you are seeing? The footer or the fence foundation??

To me it looks like the foundation for the beginning of a structure..... And it might even be nothing at all but I found it interesting that the snow covered the borders forming a visible demarcation line that can't normally be seen.

• Like 2

Not sure if someone already said or not but the welcome to Kings Island does light up and there is some LED signs on each gate that seemed to be cycling different things (I assume they will say season pass, open, or closed) I drove by around 4 and they were cycling colors and words. When I drove by around midnight the welcome to Kings Island was lit up and the LED word cycling signs were off. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures because I was driving.

• Like 10

Let the countdown begin... I've just recently (within the last few days/also last night) renewed my wife and I's season passes and are planning on going to opening day even though it is sure to be crowded... She doesn't like riding most of the rides anymore but she does like walking around with me at the park. I really cant wait till next weekend which means it's gonna be a very long week for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've never been to opening day before so I'm not really sure what to expect crowd-wise. I know people say it is "busy" if the weather is good but is it like Saturday in July busy (waiting 2+hours for big rides)? We are going Friday but still undecided on Saturday. Any insights anyone could share with me on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I've never been to opening day before so I'm not really sure what to expect crowd-wise. I know people say it is "busy" if the weather is good but is it like Saturday in July busy (waiting 2+hours for big rides)? We are going Friday but still undecided on Saturday. Any insights anyone could share with me on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year wasn't too bad, at around 6pm I believe I only waited 30 mins for Banshee is not bad for opening day
  • Like 3

From my experience, opening day crowds have 2 factors- weather and things that are new for that season.  

Bigger rides opening like Banshee will draw stupid crazy crowds. Smaller rides opening, or in this case, rides opening later in the season and/or in Soak City will draw less.  

Good weather will draw crowds as well, but not as much by itself.  I've found on those days, it starts with kind of a lull, then has a surge of people from about noon until dinner.   Bad weather will keep crowds away for the most part.  I remember during WindSeeker's opening year that 1. it wasn't opened until June and 2. the weather was rather cool and it went on like a slightly busier weekday.  I think the max I waited on rides not named Firehawk and Flight of Fear that day was around 20 minutes.  In contrast, Banshee's opening day was incredibly crowded, at least for Banshee (it drew crowds away from the rest of the rides from what I remember, waits were about 30-60 minutes).  

I might recommend eating outside the park that day.  The food department is typically pretty bad that day and the lines will be pretty long for about every stand.  

• Like 6

The only "opening day" I went was the year Banshee opened (don't know if it was considered opening day when the gave out the first rider t-shirts or not? I'm talkin about the first Saturday.). Boy was it packed. The line for Banshee started back on the other side of the Festhaus, but it doesn't seem like the line took to awful long to get though. Firehawk and FoF, their line we're super crazy long, too. I skipped them. Diamondback was stacking everytime, but still only waited for probably an hour or a little less to ride it. Most of the flats didn't seem to have long of a wait, we did hit Monster and something else, I can't remember what, though.

You gotta think that most people with a pass will probably be there for opening day. That itself could be a ton of people. I hate that I ain't gonna make it.

• Like 2