Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I was just looking at the ki app under the Dinosaurs Alive! Page and it looks like they are back to charging pass holders to get into the trail. I know most of you don't really care about the attraction but I know some of you with kids who do like the attraction might find this upsetting. Granted it looks like the price is only $2.50 to get in but still. I find it funny since the last season or two they looked pass holders to go in for free.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On the website it still says under the FAQ

"Do you offer a season pass discount?

Dinosaurs Alive! is free for Gold and Platinum passholders!

Admission to Dinosaurs Alive! is free for Gold and Platinum season passholders. Non-passholders ticket information is coming soon! "

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/dinosaursalive/plan-a-visit/frequently-asked-questions

• Like 3

Ah ok. I just found it weird how they worded it on the app. How it was worded on the app, it looked like they were charging season pass holders and also had the pass holder bring a friend option for the same price. I didn't check the actual website since I'm on my phone. Guess I should have taken a closer look at it.

• Like 1

Ah ok. I just found it weird how they worded it on the app. How it was worded on the app, it looked like they were charging season pass holders and also had the pass holder bring a friend option for the same price. I didn't check the actual website since I'm on my phone. Guess I should have taken a closer look at it.

Edited to add that the season pass picture they used was that of a gold pass which is what confused me

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on opening day crowds. We have to be in Columbus by 6pm so I figure we will get there for ERT and if it gets too crowded, we will head to Columbus early for some shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You might want to dial it back there a little bit shark. I know Gannersdaddy in real life, and he is a very nice man, and he wasn't taking pot shots.

Good and/or improved operations on a ride one loves is what /everyone/ should be hoping for, especially anyone who works there (which I can only assume is why you seem to have a chip on your shoulder). Banshee has on average had excellent operations. It is hardly being negative to wish or expect for Diamondback to be able to show the same excellence.

• Like 11

You might want to dial it back there a little bit shark. I know Gannersdaddy in real life, and he is a very nice man, and he wasn't taking pot shots.

Good and/or improved operations on a ride one loves is what /everyone/ should be hoping for, especially anyone who works there (which I can only assume is why you seem to have a chip on your shoulder). Banshee has on average had excellent operations. It is hardly being negative to wish or expect for Diamondback to be able to show the same excellence.

No, no chip just tired of the same comments about the ride. I'm not a huge fan of the ride myself (more an illogical fear of heights than anything else) and I know only a security officer that works at the park. And maybe I read it wrong but we can't go more than 1 or 2 pages without someone taking some weird pot shot at some aspect of the park and doing it only for the likes.

So my bad gdaddy maybe that wasn't your intent and I just read it all wrong.

• Like 3

No problem, shark6495.  Its by no means a pot shot at the park.  There is not much reason that I would do that, as we plan on spending as much time there as we can.

Diamondback is our favorite ride in the park.  While are nowhere near at Mr Colemans amount, we do enjoy the heck out of it.

• Like 5

I didn't have time to draw the unicorns and rainbows, but I captured a corner of my screen, which happened to be on the extended forecast page of the NOAA website (weather.gov), and found this amazingly lovely observation for Warren County, Ohio:

OpeningDay.png

Reads as- Sunny, with a high near 68

Cincinnatian interpretation- Wintery mix, with a high near 38.

Got it. :P

• Like 5

I dont understand why the crews aren't trained like Carowinds' crews. The are fantastic anc fast.

I don't understand why food concession employees are not being trained as soon as ride operators.. You think Diamondstack is bad, try eating at Skyline on IS for once.
  • Like 6