Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I am still a little confused on the exact location and orientation of the new entrance.  It's my understanding the south entrance is closed which I always use coming from Cincinnati and the new entrance is located near the north.  Have they added entrance lanes for people driving north on Kings Island Dr or would it be best to get off on the next exit and drive south?  Also, how will they handle all the people like me who mostly park at the Soak City lot? Would be crazy having to wait in the parking lot traffic to get to the other end.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread for this but it's a simple question: There is only one bring-a-friend day on May 8th within the KI website right now...... Will dates be announced in future or am I missing a bring a friend schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am still a little confused on the exact location and orientation of the new entrance.  It's my understanding the south entrance is closed which I always use coming from Cincinnati and the new entrance is located near the north.  Have they added entrance lanes for people driving north on Kings Island Dr or would it be best to get off on the next exit and drive south?  Also, how will they handle all the people like me who mostly park at the Soak City lot? Would be crazy having to wait in the parking lot traffic to get to the other end.

I will be coming from the south as well, so as I understand it, you will still exit at KI Drive and, instead of veering off to the right to hit the south tolls, those lanes will now all feed into the new north toll entrance.  No need to exit by GWL and drive south.  Also, maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be more clear for those automated lanes to read "Gold/Plat Passholders" instead of "self-scan?" since the daily tickets have a barcode, people with those tickets are likely to think that going through the automated lanes is permissible. 

• Like 2

I am still a little confused on the exact location and orientation of the new entrance. It's my understanding the south entrance is closed which I always use coming from Cincinnati and the new entrance is located near the north. Have they added entrance lanes for people driving north on Kings Island Dr or would it be best to get off on the next exit and drive south? Also, how will they handle all the people like me who mostly park at the Soak City lot? Would be crazy having to wait in the parking lot traffic to get to the other end.

It's near Great Wolf Lodge. Now you will pass the park coming from the south and turn right just past the old north entrance, past a new entry plaza sign and continue to circle past the graveyard to the new toll plaza. From here you will be facing south from the north lot.

• Like 2

I'm wondering what will happen if you are in the "wrong" lane.... Logic says that you should be able to go through any line to process for parking.

I hope that this is the case and that people won't try to cross 12 lanes of traffic at the last second to get to the gate that they assume they MUST be in and cause an accident.

• Like 5

I have to say, if I have a choice of self-scan or a human, I will choose the human. I love being greeted by a cheerful associate, it truly starts the day off right for us. It's something I would miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7