Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

5e13802cd5fe7110c280c76c2e8fd52b.jpg

I came from the south today (usually I come from the north) and noticed they had a handful of these signs trying to get people to not use the old southern area for the entrance.

I still think they need giant signs on the exits that say "DO NOT ENTER" but signs clearly pointing to the entrance are a good start.

They also had a few security cars in the lot near both exits... I'm hopeful they are turning cars around who do enter... Although I didn't see any perps and thus didn't see any confrontations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

I'm at the park right now, and I must say that I experienced GREAT food service. I got food at the Larosa's in the Festhaus. They young man working was very helpful, and got my food to me quickly. For once, my food was better than if I went to a normal Larosa's.

My friends ate at the Chicken Shack, and they all said that service was good there too.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Noticed a commercial for Kings Island on the TV... Banshee, Banshee, Banshee... Wait what's that?!

Who recognizes this coaster?

ea7918efab53ded6d2012306dd2a45d6.jpg

There's also a shot down from the top of some other park's Drop Tower, but it was less jarring than the coaster for me.

Or, you know, maybe I should have posted this on the decoding thread. It could be a leak of what is to come in 2017 ;)

That's Goldstriker

• Like 10

I've never walked to the Sunoco plaza south of the park, but The Kings Center Dr area is an easy walk. There aren't (yet) sidewalks on much of Kings Island Dr, so you'll be walking on the grass and/or through the KI & GWL parking lots.

I've tried crossing the Kings Mills Rd bridge over I-71 on foot; I certainly wouldn't recommend doing that.

• Like 8

One of the little "guide" poles beside the north entry lane has already been run over. I wouldn't doubt it has happened multiple times.

Third time using that entrance lane tonight, I still wasn't quite sure where I was aiming until I was already in the lanes of oncoming traffic. Fortunately none was coming at the time. I think there may be new dashed lines directing toward the entrance, but it is still awkward.

• Like 5

I'm heading out to the park for the first time this season tomorrow and my dad wants me to drive as I have my learner's permit now. As a newer driver, are there any precautions I should take as I will be coming from the north and turning left into the new negatively reviewed toll booth.

• Like 2

The northern entrance and exit truly is a problem. Here is another story for posterity sake . Yesterday, a car was slow turning left from the north. The car behind assumed the car in front would quickly enter and followed. Because the first car was slow in turning the car behind was left in the middle of the intersection. A northbound car was speeding and had to swerve out if the way. Something bad is going to happen. This entrance is just weird.

Also, exiting from the north exit and turning left was awkward. Normally turn right out of there but decided to go left at the last second to run an errand. As stated earlier, the first little pole was bent over but it also seemed that those poles came over into the exit lane. Hard to explain but here is a picture... I can't imagine how hard this would be to navigate at 10 when it's dark and a bunch of cats around.

24e913c89e701fa2075db572c4a4a383.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I'm heading out to the park for the first time this season tomorrow and my dad wants me to drive as I have my learner's permit now. As a newer driver, are there any precautions I should take as I will be coming from the north and turning left into the new negatively reviewed toll booth.

It's honestly not as bad as everyone is making it out, especially if you are anticipating a change and are paying attention.

You'll get into the left turn lane as you pass GWL, then just make the turn slowly and really look at where the entrance is (don't just follow the person in front of you).

• Like 1

If you are a new driver keep calm and take your time, unless you are in front of me, in which case hurry up.  But seriously, coming from the north there is a nice long left turn lane on new pavement.  When the light turns green, look at oncoming traffic.  The oncoming right lanes (your left) turn into Kings Island.  The oncoming left lanes (closest to you) go straight past you through the intersection.  When you make your turn, go to the right of the divider poles.  These lanes have new pavement.  Don't go to the left of the poles because that is the exit.  The exit lanes still use the old pavement.  For a new driver, stay left and take it slow until you determine which lane you need for the tolls.  Some will be for pass holders and others will be for everyone.  If you can stay to the left, great.  If you have to switch lanes, make sure to use your signal.  This is Ohio, so someone will be nice enough to let you in.  Once through the tolls, the lanes will begin to peel off to the left into the parking lot.  The first one is a good one for crowed days, but it is way to the north end of the lot.  The second one is still on the north end of the lot.  This is usually the one I use.  If I recall correctly, the rest send you to the south end of the lot.  Hope this helps.

• Like 6

One question, then.

If it isn't as bad as many (NOT everyone--I despise over-generalizations), why on EARTH are those poles there?

Well?

It's not as bad if you pay attention... Which this poster is clearly going in aware and ready...

There definitely needs to be more "do not enter signs" for those people who are just so excited they can't focus easily...

But if your expecting a change and paying attention, I'm confident you can get in correctly without hitting any poles.

• Like 1

I may have to pack a cooler, for a parking lot lunch, when I go next Friday instead of going to Ruby Tuesday for lunch, to avoid said South Exit at mid day.

If your going to ruby Tuesday, just use the north exit.

Because, when I come back, that's one more time I have to use the soup-sandwich entrance.  Id rather walk, thanks.

• Like 3