Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Went to the park for the first time this year.

Positives:

had a great Log Flume ride. There is something about a group of strangers laughing and cheering based on how wet the riders get

Snack line was not bad and got in line for dinner just before 430 and didn't have a terrible line. Line got huge around 5.

Rode the carousel always a great time

Negatives:

Nothing absurd, just the stuff that happens at the beginning of the year.

My gold pass didn't scan correctly at the gate and had to manually enter the bar code number. It then worked.

Suggestions:

I see how the south exit could be very problematic. Maybe close that south exit during the morning openings. Have anyone exiting to use the north exit. Maybe eventually move that south exit farther south....

Things to look forward to: my son is in the 34-35 inch range. A few more weeks he will be at the magical 36 inch mark... Woo hoo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I cant wait to ride Tropical Plunge this summer, considering it's a new attraction, that the line is going to be pretty long, but I'm I've been wanting to ride this ever since I had heard about it, so whatever the line may look like, I'm standing in it!

Having ridden these on my recent cruise, I'd advise getting there early to ride.  The wait on the cruise ship was about 15-20 mins and that was with about 20 people in line.  The slides require a bit of time between riders, so capacity, even with 3 slides going at once, is going to be small.

• Like 5

I wanted to point something out, I wasn't sure it had been mentioned. On Friday as I rode the RR it looked as though KI have pulled most if not all the water pumps from WWC, they were laying side by side with what looked to be new ones. They could be refurbishing existing pumps, or installing all new ones..either way, its great to see rides, WWC in particular, getting needed maintenance and TLC. Looking forward to getting drenched on WWC this summer  :D

• Like 7

I don't remember which thread I saw it mentioned but it was said that in the back of the park with a bunch of old atraction items, you could see Patrick Star (from Nickelodeon Universe). When I was on WindSeeker on Sunday, I did in fact spot Patrick and also a couple of red trains which I assume are from SOB.

• Like 5

I don't expect a PR statement till the person is caught and charged. So I'd expect it in the morning at some point. The security are the ones who are out searching in this terrible weather because of someone who thinks they can get away with it. Also all of the lights for Banshee are on. The only lights on for Diamondback are the station lights. The lift lights and the ones on the brake run are off...

• Like 3

In other news...

I drove past the park yesterday evening and noticed that the new sign at the entrance to the parking lot has had both the Kings Island letters and the two Soak City signs removed. They appear to be in the process of painting it gray. I wonder if the project was behind schedule and they preemptively put the letters on so people would know where to turn.

• Like 3

In other news...

I drove past the park yesterday evening and noticed that the new sign at the entrance to the parking lot has had both the Kings Island letters and the two Soak City signs removed. They appear to be in the process of painting it gray. I wonder if the project was behind schedule and they preemptively put the letters on so people would know where to turn.

Maybe they didn't like how it looked?

• Like 1

Some lights turned on & an vehicle with flashing lights on the webcam? Could have been anything. If it was a security incident, I wouldn't expect any sort of news release from the park.

A couple former members of this site have been involved in trespassing incidents in past years. Hopefully nothing like that ever happens again.

• Like 6

I highly doubt it was anything other than Banshee's lights. The webcams after dark and especially after a storm have altered views (especially when a lot of the park is not lit). Before the park opened this year, I saw what I thought was someone welding something near Vortex....turned out to be a light that's been there for years. 

• Like 7