Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Cedar Point was also doing security checkpoints Wednesday. The line at the resort gate reportedly lasted 20 minutes; I had no wait at the marina gate a few minutes after 9:00am.

That's really strange.

Not one checkpoint when I went up last weekend. Neither day.

CF security checks seem to be VERY random

• Like 3

^Yesterday when I arrived, there were more "lanes" going through the checkpoint than there were at the "ticket gate".  And by "ticket gate", I am not sure if you mean the place where you can actually purchase a ticket or the entrance where they scan such ticket or pass :P but in any case those were less staffed than the checkpoint.  My line to get my pass scanned was near as long as the security checkpoint.

• Like 4

Oh maaaaaaan I wish I could stop and get a photo of the KI sign..

Solid blue background and "welcome to Windows 10"

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

I wish you could have! Windows 10 has been the biggest PITA from Microsoft I have ever had to deal with whennit comes to an OS and A/V integration and control. We are having to upgrade (yes, going backnto 7 is an upgrade)all of the machines running 10.

And the "forced" updates from Microsoft are an entirely different battle.

• Like 9

In terms of the security check points. Last time I encountered one at KI, about two weeks ago, I asked the officer (can't remember his name for the life of me) if these were to become normal and he told me that CF is making all parks, at least one day per week, run security checks for the day. The day that is chosen is random and by CF themselves, not the individual parks. 

• Like 4

I wish you could have! Windows 10 has been the biggest PITA from Microsoft I have ever had to deal with whennit comes to an OS and A/V integration and control.

I didn't know Microsoft was in the business of making Greek food.

Oh, wait...

I'm fairly indifferent on Windows 10 (although I do think it is better than 8), but this isn't the first time this thing has happened for the park. There were stretches of time that the FUN TV's for Racer and Bat just showed a colorful Windows 10 login screen last season.

• Like 9

^^ If they're doing security checks more often, hopefully they find a way to reduce the wait time.

Breakers guests won't be happy this summer if they end up spending half of their Early Entry time waiting to be wanded at the Resorts gate.

• Like 7

I do wish they would have some consistency on checking.

I came in the other morning, got out the things that have metal (cellphone wallet and coin purse) because that is typically all they care about. It's a pain to take out all the various other things I have in my cargo pockets then repack them. I sat my things in the basket, and the guard said "put everything from your pockets in the basket." I told him that was all the metal things, is that enough? He just coldly said "put everything in the basket." Like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. So I did. After I was wanded I turned and he was actually unzipping my tiny coin purse to check for weapons.

Later the same day when it was busier, I had my wallet and coin purse in my hand, and was encouraged to keep it while I was wanded. He passed it down my front. The wand beeped when it got to the metal buttons/snap on my cargo pocket. I started to explain it was the buttons, and turn around like usual, and he just cut me off with "you can go."

The third time I went through that day, it was like I'm used to. Metal stuff in my hand, wand front and back, interested in the metal snap/buttons.

• Like 7

After we got done with a morning event elsewhere, we ventured out to hit up the preview of Soak City.  I was rather hesitant due to the nature of the drop slide and the cold, but it was a lot of fun.  Obviously, going to a water park when it is under 60 degrees is an interesting experience, but once you got in the water it really wasn't too bad.  The wind would make you cold, but outside of that, things were nice.  The weather definitely helped the crowd over there.  I don't think we had to wait for a single slide, though that probably explains why they shut it down at 1:30.  After that we went over to the dry side and it was packed!  Took us 45 minutes or more to get a burrito at the burrito shack place.  The other food lines were insane as well, so I see that kink still hasn't gotten worked out yet.  

All in all, I would say tropical plunge is an excellent edition to Soak City.  The tube slides, especially the steep one, are a lot of fun, and it was neat seeing the added surprise inside.  Now I just hope the next addition to that side of the park is a water coaster.  

Does anyone know if they will be giving out First Slider shirts next weekend for the official opening?  I originally just assumed that was for coasters, but then I saw someone earlier this season have one from last year's snoopy gliders or whatever, so I wasn't sure.

• Like 6