Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Aaaaaaaaaah!!! There are going to be two floral tunnels! They're building a second one farther back!

2f2f2e974a54702195e9ed25a2b44381.jpg652f8cce6f83b83952e29e752b0c4785.jpg

Also, on the train, the spieler said they're having trouble with WWC and it will be "open later". It is still drained as of this moment. All that I can see of the queue from either the train or DB seems to be finished except the second tunnel as shown above. Which looks very likely to be finished soon as far as being ready for people to walk through.

Edit: a second spieler said WWC will definitely open tomorrow...

I wonder if the tubes will still take quarters or if they will "upgrade" them to only accept game cards?

• Like 18

Is there a separate entrance to water park or do you have to ride the train? Are you allowed to walk through the park, ride the train, in your suit?

There's a separate entrance from the parking lot. It's very convenient to park near this entrance and be directly in the waterpark.

You can also get there via a walking path from Planet Snoopy or by riding the train from Rivertown.

Also, shirts, shoes, and shorts/pants are required at all times when outside the confines of the waterpark. This includes when riding the train and when on the walking path between the dry park and the waterpark. You cannot strip down to your swimsuit or remove your shoes until you have entered the waterpark.

• Like 3

Is there a separate entrance to water park or do you have to ride the train? Are you allowed to walk through the park, ride the train, in your suit?

There's a separate entrance from the parking lot. It's very convenient to park near this entrance and be directly in the waterpark.

You can also get there via a walking path from Planet Snoopy or by riding the train from Rivertown.

Also, shirts, shoes, and shorts/pants are required at all times when outside the confines of the waterpark. This includes when riding the train and when on the walking path between the dry park and the waterpark. You cannot strip down to your swimsuit or remove your shoes until you have entered the waterpark.

I have ridden WWC without a shirt and the ride ops were just fine with that, Everywhere outside of water rides in the main park seems to be the policy.

• Like 2

Yes, the new tunnels are both entrance and exit. I could see from the train yesterday evening that the paths split off just beyond the second tunnel, and there were signs saying which was which. I have no idea about the pay tubes, hopefully they are still off the exit path.

There were also trash cans along the path, and ride ops back in their positions, getting ready for today's open. The only thing that wasn't ready yet was that the ride itself was still drained as of that time (about 8:30 PM).

• Like 9

I was on the second to last train ride last night and they said it would be open today. I too am really excited for the foliage covered tunnels. I was wondering how they were going to protect the people on Diamondback and the path. This is a much better option than a simple fence and will provide much needed shade.

• Like 10

I'm impressed by the amount of work that's been done since last weekend on the new pathway back to White Water Canyon.

When I rode the train yesterday about 5:00pm, they were working at a feverish pace to get it completed.

Last weekend, the tunnels were not up. I don't believe any of the concrete had been poured yet either.

Impressive the amount of work they got done in just a few days. I honestly didn't think it would open this weekend... 

• Like 9

Thanks Beast Gal for that info but not what I was speaking on unless you were offering up info for everyone. I was talking that I have someone in my group about to hit 36 inches. So maybe in another couple of year we will hit hat 46 inch mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8