Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

There is no excuse for ANY Kings Island employee to be using vulgar language. I suggest reporting them to guest services because Kings Island is a family friendly park. Even when I worked in rides at a family ride I would tell guests not to use that language and normally they would stop. At last around m ride. It is unprofessional and many parents do not want their kids hearing it. Also, some people get uncomfortable around that language.

• Like 8

A claim made is the entrance was moved to the north to avoid backups onto I-71 - guess what - that is going to be dictated by the light at Western Row - unless that light stays continuous green heading towards Kings Island, traffic will back up to the interstate regardless of where entrance is located.  There are also several lights between Western Row and the new entrance, all playing their part in stopping traffic that will still back up to the interstate.  Yesterday, the lights at the south exit would switch as soon as someone came to the exit - I watched 5 cars get through the short green cycle on Kings Island Drive because a car came up to exit just as the light changed back to green on Kings Island drive.  This didn't happen last year as the entrance was south of the exit - another opportunity to stop traffic on Kings Island Drive that didn't exist last year.

I made this statement back on April 17th.  Gave it over a month to see if people got used to the new pattern.

So I went to Tower today at 11am to observe traffic patterns.  Granted it is a one time observation and construction is still on-going, but my predictions rang true.  Traffic still backed up to interstate.  It is controlled by the light at Western Row.  And at 11am, the backup was all the way from the new entrance to the interstate.  It was a one-lane backup.  During my observation, the majority of people know the far right lane is a turn only lane into KI.  The second available lane was mainly being used by those going straight although quite a few were using it to turn into KI. 

So basically what was 3 lanes on Kings Island Drive into KI old south entrance has been reduced to what I call one and a half lol.  Further complicating it is with the old entrance, you were traveling in the direction of the toll, whereas you could see ahead of you that the tolls opened up more lanes and and cars would spread out.  When not busy you could approach the tolls at speed limit.  With the new toll, you have to essentially make a 180 turn and head back south to get to the new toll once you turn off KI Drive.  This slows people down more than the old entrance.  Further complicating it is that you have to go over a hill once you turn in KI and you do not see the toll booth and the many tolls until you have gone a good way into the entrance.  So the line is bottlenecked coming off KI Drive.  Yes there are 13 tolls and multiple lanes, but folks don't know it and cant see it for a while so the bottleneck really constricts the flow.  And the flashing signs saying passholder entrance/etc. are too small and folks were constantly being in the wrong lane and when it is all bundled up, it is tough to switch lanes.

Even from tower it was obvious which ones were pass holders because they would drive past the bottleneck as soon as the lanes opened to 4.

I hope once construction is complete and once people get used to it that it will improve.  But I think the reconfiguration will always be more problematic than the old entrance/exit.  I think an expanded south entrance would have been a better solution.

• Like 8

In all fairness till the city/county/township whomever finishes that road it will be hard to judge.

But I noticed last week it's even after the gates. Everyone wants in the left lane and the right lane stays empty and you can park closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness till the city/county/township whomever finishes that road it will be hard to judge.

But I noticed last week it's even after the gates. Everyone wants in the left lane and the right lane stays empty and you can park closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it should improve once the road is complete, but I think it will still be more problematic than the old entrance/exit.

I noticed a few more observations (secrets) that I don't wanna share so that I can take advantage of them :P

And yes, it was fairly obvious from the tower that you get in the far right lane after the toll and move right on in to a close spot.

• Like 4

Guys, this is truly an emergency of epic proportions. It has been way too long that I have searched for this song. I brought it up once before, and I still have gotten no help.

There is a song that plays at Kings Island that I cannot get out of my head, yet I have no clue who sings it. The singer is female. It is somewhat techno/electronic. The singer in the chorus moves up a pitch (or whatever the term is) at a time until she sings as high as possible, then she goes on to say something like "for you", "but you", "it's true"; something, I don't know. It has a fairly catchy beat, once again, electronic, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Please. For my life. Help. I have hummed into my phone, I have sung it to other people, I've even asked a whole boatload of people at Viking Fury what the song was as it played. I have run out of energy.

• Like 6

Huh. I have really been listening for you while at the park, and other than the one I mentioned previously, I haven't run into something like you described. I will continue to be vigilant. If you know who I am and want to hum it to me, I would be willing to give that a go, too. But, I don't know the names of a lot of current songs without help, either.

I know how maddening it is to get a song stuck in your head - and often, listening to it again is the only way to get it out.

• Like 2

Guys, this is truly an emergency of epic proportions. It has been way too long that I have searched for this song. I brought it up once before, and I still have gotten no help.

There is a song that plays at Kings Island that I cannot get out of my head, yet I have no clue who sings it. The singer is female. It is somewhat techno/electronic. The singer in the chorus moves up a pitch (or whatever the term is) at a time until she sings as high as possible, then she goes on to say something like "for you", "but you", "it's true"; something, I don't know. It has a fairly catchy beat, once again, electronic, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Please. For my life. Help. I have hummed into my phone, I have sung it to other people, I've even asked a whole boatload of people at Viking Fury what the song was as it played. I have run out of energy.

Is there any other hook you can remember? It might be one of the new songs off of Gwen Stefani's new album?... checking...

• Like 1

So far - no, no, no. None of those. 

I feel like it's not a very popular song, as I think I would know it. It's a very unique sounding song. Not very poppy. The singer's voice is quite different. I don't think it's by Zedd or some DJ like that, as the song doesn't have any beat dropping or anything like that - if that makes sense.

I have no clue. Nevermind. Goodbye. I give up.

Edit: It's also not Gwen Stefani. No way.

• Like 2

Let's see... here are songs that a script on my phone heard for the first time during my 2016 Kings Island visits.

Rob Thomas

Hold On Forever

Colbie Caillat

Feelings Show

Nelly Furtado

Turn Off The Light

Mat Kearney

Runaway

Various Artists

Pool Party

Adele

Send My Love

Taylor Swift

Mean

Kris Kross

Jump

Sigala

Easy Love

• Like 4

Yea I was about to suggest "Sigala: Easy Love" as well. Good song, but probably not it. I haven't found anything in my searches yet. Now it's bugging me too. lol

Oh how I wish KI had songs synced with the coasters. I remember the days of riding Bizarro at SF New England a few years ago when it played classic rock synced to each hill. Rock'n Roller Coaster as well...

• Like 3

There are far more annoying things than this on this site than you trying to figure out the song. They seem to play the same songs roughly at the same time or so it seems. Any idea what time frame? I am going to be there this week (that's funny) and can see if I can catch it. Unless we strike gold and guess right.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Jdawg, have you looked through all the songs in the Music at Kings Island thread here? Maybe it's in there somewhere. Once I finally finish my classes and get to Kings Island, I will be listening...unless you find it by then.

• Like 2