Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I've never understood why so many people quit thinking when they go to a park.

If parks were responsible for lost articles, things would quickly get out of hand. Claims would be made for lost cups, wallets, money, strollers, etc., that never even came into the park to start with.

And since parks get their money from customers, guess who would pay for all this...

Leave it home if you can. You can't lose what you don't have.

I can see it both ways. Some of the people that go can not afford a locker after food, drinks and tickets. Try going with kids and you might understand.

• Like 4

This afternoon was a study in soak certainty! Several geyser "enthusiasts" teamed up to form one of the most entertaining "Squirtillary Battalions" in recent memory! A larger-than-usual group of supervisors, and a technician, were on hand to observe. We put on quite a show--er (see what I did there?) Tally: 24 boats (only go for the full ones, with "dry" screamers), 3 phones and 1 pair of shoes... arrrgh, to the bottom o' Davy Jones' locker, mateys!

Only one rider came to express her sore displeasure for being splashed... on a water... ride... anyway, fun was had by all; everyone was laughing. Best times at KI ever.

• Like 18

My song has still not been found.

Thanks everyone for continuing the search. But I believe it might be time to accept defeat.

It's possible my description of it is completely off, as I find it difficult to describe music, or this song actually doesn't exist and it's a figment of my imagination. Either way, I have to retire. You all can keep the search ongoing as you please, and I will listen to each and every song you post on here, but at this point I am nearly positive this song is impossible to find. Adieu.

Madonna, "Get Together" maybe?

https://youtu.be/SceS4553f-0

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've never ridden WWC, so I have a question. How does it stack up against Thunder Canyon at Cedar Point?  It looks better due to its location, but I could always be wrong.

1. Thunder Canyon has waterfalls. White Water Canyon does not.
  2. White Water Canyon has ride-op- and guest-operated geysers. Thunder Canyon, IIRC, does not.
  3. White Water Canyon's rapids present a much higher risk of getting soaked than Thunder Canyon's rapids.
  4. More generally, White Water Canyon's main soaking threats are the rapids and geysers. Thunder Canyon's main threat is the waterfalls.
  5. Thunder Canyon has larger boats that seat 12 riders. White Water Canyon has smaller boats that seat just 6 riders.

As you can see, they are completely different rides.

• Like 11

Have a little guy and this is what I bring into the park.

My bottle phone wallet and keys for me.

A cheap ($20) umbrella stroller, a small draw string backpack with 3-5 diapers, diaper wipes, some small snacks for the kiddo (pretzels or apple sauce), and juice. If they were to steal the umbrella stroller with backpack diapers wipes and snacks I would be out ... Maybe $35 plus the bottle if they were to take it. Pack light and cheap. Plus my wallet phone and keys never leave my person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

It always boggles my mind to see guest rolling luggage behind them in the park. The park should hire luggage hops with golf carts to tote some people around the park with the amount of crap they carry.

I'd have paid for that service a few years back. Mom could have gone to the park with me, with dignity.

They used to have that. They were called trams.

They didn't. Mom went to Dollywood. And loved it.

She'd have loved to have gone to Kings Island, too.

Finally I convinced her to let me buy a wheelchair and push her in it. I happily suggested Kings Island.

She quickly said, "No, I still want to go to Dollywood. They care about me and want me to feel welcome. Kings Island doesn't."

I was speechless and had no reply.

And we went.

To Dollywood.

They cared about her and made her feel welcome.

I've never forgotten that.

A park gets it. Or it doesn't.

When it comes to parking lot trams, seating for seniors, shade trees, etc., Kings Island doesn't get it.

Hasn't for years.

A best day ever includes many generations. Or, it could.

Mom looked forward to Dollywood trips. She no longer wanted to go to Kings Island. They had gotten rid of the trams.

I wonder what that REALLY saved them.

It cost them Mom's visits.

I'm sure she wasn't and isn't the only one.

"They care about me and make me feel welcome."

• Like 23

^ Amen to that brother.

My mom loved coasters. Not like an enthusiast, but she still did. Yearly trips to Camden is one of my earliest memory's. Then our first trip to KI, and I was blown away.

Just some of the great memories I have.

It never worked out that we went back at the same time. I was showing her the webcams on the website, she got a big kick out of that.

I could go into the indignitys myself. But I think you covered that.

• Like 8

It always boggles my mind to see guest rolling luggage behind them in the park. The park should hire luggage hops with golf carts to tote some people around the park with the amount of crap they carry.

I'd have paid for that service a few years back. Mom could have gone to the park with me, with dignity.

They used to have that. They were called trams.

They didn't. Mom went to Dollywood. And loved it.

She'd have loved to have gone to Kings Island, too.

Finally I convinced her to let me buy a wheelchair and push her in it. I happily suggested Kings Island.

She quickly said, "No, I still want to go to Dollywood. They care about me and want me to feel welcome. Kings Island doesn't."

I was speechless and had no reply.

And we went.

To Dollywood.

They cared about her and made her feel welcome.

I've never forgotten that.

A park gets it. Or it doesn't.

When it comes to parking lot trams, seating for seniors, shade trees, etc., Kings Island doesn't get it.

Hasn't for years.

A best day ever includes many generations. Or, it could.

Mom looked forward to Dollywood trips. She no longer wanted to go to Kings Island. They had gotten rid of the trams.

I wonder what that REALLY saved them.

It cost them Mom's visits.

I'm sure she wasn't and isn't the only one.

"They care about me and make me feel welcome."

My grandparents were the same way Terp. I wonder what will happen when my parents start to get up there in age. My dad has already said he's unsure KI will be for him next year. His body can't take the coasters anymore and he says there isn't much for him to enjoy with the grand kids or kids except for the train, the little train, and the "old Smurf building". (Kids are too small for 36 inch rides and he misses the multiple shows, yet enjoys the ones we do see).

Yet he's looking forward to our trip to Disney/Universal in 2018 (either Hollywood or Orlando).

• Like 5

I have my Eddie Bauer"roller coaster" pants. If my belongings don't zip into my pockets, I don't need them in the park. Sorry, no sympathy from me... even when the kiddo was younger, we would just walk out to the car to change clothes or whatever people need 8 backpacks for.

Similar, except I have cargo shorts. I know the topic of cargo shorts was brought up on this site a while back and people were worried about the fashion side of clothing, but I am old enough to not care what others think of me and my clothes. I have pockets with zippers and/or velcro to secure my wallet, sunscreen and keys. I get have access to the stuff that I need  with peace of mind that it is secure.

• Like 7

Interesting. Two months in they have to remind people they have a new entrance? Hmmm...

Wow, the comments!!  Not good, at all.

**edit:  there are many more than what are shown in the pic above....

• Like 2

The park typically has a bring-a-friend-cheap offer on Father's Day, which adds to the crowds on Sunday. While much will depend on the weather, I'd generally expect about the same crowd level both Saturday and Sunday of that weekend.

• Like 3

Given the props on the stage, I don't see how the dogs have much room to do anything.  I'm used to seeing the frisbee dogs shows at Colts games at halftime, where they have the entire field at their disposal.  

ab9d59924a6edd903c6f6313f37fa270.jpg

Sneak peak at the set for the dog show, which starts Friday

• Like 7