Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

The stuff in the middle of the stage had been moved off to the side the next time I walked by. It's no nfl field, but I'm sure the dogs will have plenty of room. I think it's great that off the charts is still going AND we get an additional dog show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I get the feeling the dog show will pack the ISP like no other show in recent memory.  Off The Charts deserves bigger, more into-it crowds for the quality of awesome music they power out (those legit HORNS... wow!) The Grandstand is a neat place, but it needs a kind of 'bleachers' thing, where people will have a place to actually sit... maybe. It just looks sad watching such an amazing band not receiving the kind of audience feedback they deserve!

Bleacher.png

• Like 10

It was a soft opening. There is a terrible quality video on periscope that someone posted of the soft open. I like the new location of off the charts as it encouraged more kids to dance in front. I think this location has a better possibility of audience interaction and I'm hopeful that will happen as the performers get more comfortable there. I agree that some bleachers might be nice... Or even better would be some tables like what they had around for the food truck event. I'd love to grab dinner and be able to watch/listen to the show at the same time.

• Like 3

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, may have missed it, but they now have food ordering kiosks over at Juke Box Diner. It may be elsewhere but I've only been to Juke today. And of course the kiosk couldn't find my meal plan...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

It was a soft opening. There is a terrible quality video on periscope that someone posted of the soft open. I like the new location of off the charts as it encouraged more kids to dance in front. I think this location has a better possibility of audience interaction and I'm hopeful that will happen as the performers get more comfortable there. I agree that some bleachers might be nice... Or even better would be some tables like what they had around for the food truck event. I'd love to grab dinner and be able to watch/listen to the show at the same time.

Tables! Yes, that's a perfect idea; something like the sun-shade thing in Action Zone maybe.

• Like 6

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, may have missed it, but they now have food ordering kiosks over at Juke Box Diner. It may be elsewhere but I've only been to Juke today. And of course the kiosk couldn't find my meal plan...

Can you "pay" yourself by scanning your season pass with dining plan?
  • Like 2

My song has still not been found.

Thanks everyone for continuing the search. But I believe it might be time to accept defeat.

It's possible my description of it is completely off, as I find it difficult to describe music, or this song actually doesn't exist and it's a figment of my imagination. Either way, I have to retire. You all can keep the search ongoing as you please, and I will listen to each and every song you post on here, but at this point I am nearly positive this song is impossible to find. Adieu.

What about "Ex's and Oh's" by Ellie King?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is the same case as at Cedar Point. Atleast it will help the general public with lines.

• Like 5

Can you "pay" yourself by scanning your season pass with dining plan?

Yes but make sure when the screen asks if you have a meal plan you select the correct type. There are seperate buttons for season long, all day, and single meal.

As long as you select the correct type it appears to work just fine. But if you select all day and then scan a pass it gives an error.

• Like 6

I'm someone who doesn't like to do this type of stuff and this may be my first time ever doing this. Anyway, I was on WindSeeker, well almost, and somebody completely disregarded that they have a seat number and took the seats I had. I decided to not say anything and walk away. When I was walking away this really started bugging me. So I walked back and said, "Thanks for taking our seats." Then walked away while they were yelling remarks that I really don't and shouldn't repeat on this site.

Was walking back and saying something a okay thing to do? What are your guys' opinions, and what would you have done (or have done)?

• Like 5

I'd avoid passive aggression with a stranger in public.

Depending on the demeanor of the guests involved, I'd either inform a ride operator that my assigned seat is occupied or simply tell the riders that they seem to be in the wrong seat.

• Like 6

Storytime: Friday, my friends were in line at Planet Snoopy Ice Cream. The wait...guys, it was abysmal. So bad. The staff were literally moving in slow motion and were not courteous at ALL.

They were using only one out of the 4 available soft serve machines. My friends waited between 8-10 minutes for 2 cones after they had paid.

They were handed their cones by this girl without a word. Without a smile. Without a WORD. Standing off a little ways from the kiosk and the line, as they were walking towards me defeated I yelled at the girl as loud as I could "sorry about your wait?!??? -oh, thanks, no problem!!"

The look she gave me. Wow. You know what though? They really deserved it.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 via Tapatalk

• Like 7

This afternoon was a study in soak certainty! Several geyser "enthusiasts" teamed up to form one of the most entertaining "Squirtillary Battalions" in recent memory! A larger-than-usual group of supervisors, and a technician, were on hand to observe. We put on quite a show--er (see what I did there?) Tally: 24 boats (only go for the full ones, with "dry" screamers), 3 phones and 1 pair of shoes... arrrgh, to the bottom o' Davy Jones' locker, mateys!

Only one rider came to express her sore displeasure for being splashed... on a water... ride... anyway, fun was had by all; everyone was laughing. Best times at KI ever.

Today I took a couple of dollars and soaked a few people including a young girl screaming don't splash me. I apologed and said I had selective hearing and only heard splash me. Mom thought it was funny. It was actually far more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 15

I'd avoid passive aggression with a stranger in public.

Depending on the demeanor of the guests involved, I'd either inform a ride operator that my assigned seat is occupied or simply tell the riders that they seem to be in the wrong seat.

That's why I'm probably not doing it again. Next time I'll probably notify a ride op.

I just also want to note that I wasn't looking for some aggression from them, I just said it normally. They were still sitting waiting to go up when I said it.

• Like 2

I'm someone who doesn't like to do this type of stuff and this may be my first time ever doing this. Anyway, I was on WindSeeker, well almost, and somebody completely disregarded that they have a seat number and took the seats I had. I decided to not say anything and walk away. When I was walking away this really started bugging me. So I walked back and said, "Thanks for taking our seats." Then walked away while they were yelling remarks that I really don't and shouldn't repeat on this site.

Was walking back and saying something a okay thing to do? What are your guys' opinions, and what would you have done (or have done)?

I would tell a ride operator about it and they should be able to resolve it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3