Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

The Kings Island app has been delivering me bits of trivia when I arrive at the park, lately.

Today, it asked if I knew The Racer was the first coaster to go backwards and forwards. Thanks KI app, I did know that, and I hope you're mentioning it because there's a chance of bringing back recaR.

Wouldn't that be wrong?

Screamin' Demon was installed in '77. I'm thinking it was '83 when they changed to the backwards train on Racer.

The trains on the South Racer were turned backwards in 1982. Which still makes the trivia wrong, unless it's something like "first racing coaster to go backwards".

• Like 4

The Kings Island app has been delivering me bits of trivia when I arrive at the park, lately.

Today, it asked if I knew The Racer was the first coaster to go backwards and forwards. Thanks KI app, I did know that, and I hope you're mentioning it because there's a chance of bringing back recaR.

Wouldn't that be wrong?

Screamin' Demon was installed in '77. I'm thinking it was '83 when they changed to the backwards train on Racer.

The trains on the South Racer were turned backwards in 1982. Which still makes the trivia wrong, unless it's something like "first racing coaster to go backwards".

I would guess they mean full circuit.

• Like 2

I didn't take pics, but the lines for both Woodstock Express and Gliders were full queue when I first checked around 10:30. Express had gone down about halfway when I checked again at 11, but Gliders were still nearly full.

I assumed the trivia meant "one" coaster going both backwards and forwards at the same time.

• Like 3

Great day yesterday. I somehow managed to ride The Beast in the front at night/ really late dusk (9:30 was the time I got on) and Diamondback at 10:03 PM in the back, which due to my positioning was the most comfortable ride I've had on DB since 2014! :) Again, DB in the back at night is amazing! :) I guess when I ride it I need to position myself better as I rode it earlier and the guy who was fairly small for his age thought I wasn't going to make it but he just pushed down once and wala I was in.

Great day, really enjoyed the park. Even though I was alone for about half the time it was still great!

Ps: that charging station in RHOFG is a life saver. It's perfectly positioned for it not to be stolen from people other than those at the bar.

• Like 7

I found it! I found the song!

Turns out I was completely wrong in my description of it in terms of its sound; it is not electronic at all. But the singer does say "you" - I choose you.

"I Choose You" by Sara Barellis (I am not sure how to spell it).

I found it when I was at Kroger - I used Siri and voila, there it is. The song I have been searching for for a year.

• Like 21

Turns out I was completely wrong in my description of it in terms of its sound; it is not electronic at all. But the singer does say "you" - I choose you.

I found it when I was at Kroger - I used Siri and voila, there it is. The song I have been searching for for a year.

Finally! Glad you found it. :) Now you are no longer tortured by not knowing!
  • Like 6

I found it when I was at Kroger.

I work for Giant Eagle as my second job up in Akron, and it seems like a lot of things happen at the grocery store. People find lost people they haven't seen in forever or they find a product they've been looking for. I'm going to add that to the list. I know you don't know me dude, but I'm proud of you! ;)

• Like 9

I found it when I was at Kroger.

I work for Giant Eagle as my second job up in Akron, and it seems like a lot of things happen at the grocery store. People find lost people they haven't seen in forever or they find a product they've been looking for. I'm going to add that to the list. I know you don't know me dude, but I'm proud of you! ;)
So very true. I suspect my 2nd son was conceived on the radishes.
  • Like 7

I love that song!! So glad you finally found it!!

• Like 5

• Like 7

Sigh , Fathers Day bring a friend tomorrow. It's like they need a warning sign , stay away from the park due to the unwanted influx of refugees who can't afford a regular ticket to visit the park on a normal day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm bringing my 78-year-old father, Philosophy_Biscuit, to the park this morning in celebration of Fathers' Day.  He and I had talked about it for years, and, well, what a better-forecast day to do it.  We last visited the park together back in 2009, but it was very brief, and his roommate had to get back home so we only got to see part of Action Zone, and ride the Boo Blasters (I think it was BBOBH, I don't think it was SDATHC anymore).  Prior to that, our last visit was in.... 1981.  So much to show him, and he's been wanting to for quite some time now. Mason is our hometown (he writes for the Mason History Museum) and he and I share a deep pride in our world-class, putting-us-on-the-map little amusement park here. He's never seen the Diamondback splashdown, or Banshee, or Dinosaurs Alive!. It will be memorable, and I might even convince him to join me in a splash or two at WWC.

Happy Fathers' Day to you dads out there! -Tb

• Like 14