Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I found it! I found the song!

Turns out I was completely wrong in my description of it in terms of its sound; it is not electronic at all. But the singer does say "you" - I choose you.

"I Choose You" by Sara Barellis (I am not sure how to spell it).

I found it when I was at Kroger - I used Siri and voila, there it is. The song I have been searching for for a year.

I knew something was fishy about this. I had mixed up two songs that I've been searching for.

I Choose You was definitely one of the songs I simply wanted to know the name of, but I didn't care too much about it.

BUT the song I was describing earlier - I ACTUALLY FOUND IT. It was not I Choose You. This one actually is electronic, and the description fits it much better. It's actually 'Gotta Get Thru This" by Daniel Bedingfield.

• Like 11

I have to mow the lawn. Happy Fathers Day to me. :)

Mowing the lawn is fun though. :)
...with an electric or push reel mower, I agree.

With a gasoline ROAR, not me.

Terp, who last mowed a lawn circa 2008.

I'm jealous. Except for about a year when I lived next door to my landlord, who, for reasons I never knew, would not let me cut the grass, I have mowed since I was about 9 years old. Still hate it but the grass still grows.

Even ran over a swingset my first time on a riding mower......

• Like 3

Had a great time today. Crowd was picking up as we left around 2:30. My son and I had a blast joining the WWC cannon brigade. If anyone was over that way around 11:30ish it was great doing that with you. Also while carrying a 30 pound unconscious toddler from the train to the cars all I could think about was how great a tram would be :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Great day today. Left at 6:30, a little earlier than planned but it was a great day. I finally caved and got a souvenir cup. Seriously I was so desperately thirsty, the park was hot, humid and a bit stifling as I even saw someone in line for beast faint due to the heat. I think the 70 degree dew point had something to do with that.

Order of events

KI 6/20/2016

Diamondback 7-2

Diamondback 1-1

The Beast 6-2

BLSC 3-1

Vortex 7-1

Firehawk 4-4

Adventure Express 1-1

Banshee 8-2

The Bat 7-1

McDonalds

Banshee 4-4

The Bat 6-1

(In line for DB)

(As of 2:51 PM)

Diamondback 1-2

The Beast 1-2

Diamondback 8-1

Souvenir Cup

Diamondback 8-2

Cirque Origins

The Beast 1-1

Diamondback 1-2

(Left at 6:36)

• Like 9

Nice photos.  Every time I see a Diamondback photo, all I can think of is how dirty the trains look.

Agreed, I've always thought it looked like a good scrubbing was needed.  I don't know what is so different about the restraint system, maybe the color just shows dirt more than others?  

• Like 5

Drink refill stations in Soak City:

They have added a brand new dedicated refill station in Soak City across from the perpetually closed graters stand.

In addition to to this new one there are also refill stations at:

-The east end of the main Soak City gift shop.

-dedicated stand across from the lockers

- Basically dedicated stand at tidal wave bay (also has Italian sausages)

And of course you can get refills at the main concession and subway.

Only suggestion to the park: add signage at the main concession stand line to direct people who want refills only to walk over to the dedicated refill stand behind them for faster service.

• Like 4

I've kinda been curious about something at KI for a bit. I know that some coasters' supports shake and rock (ex: Vortex), and I've heard on these forums that it's meant to do that, and even safer than still supports. Would someone care to explain how this works? Oh, and if this needs to be in another topic, let me know. Thanks!  :D

• Like 2

I'm sure there are people here who could explain it in great detail (if my engineer brother were here....it would nap time lol)

I wouldn't think they're 'safer' than their counterparts, though. All rides are engineered to be safe, and so long as the ride is operating within the limits it was designed for, then it's safe. (Honestly, they all shake to some degree, it's just whether it's something we notice).

If you wonder why they shake/rock, it's probably very similar to why a bridge feels like it's going to fly apart when a large truck drives over it. Maybe there's a 'how stuff works' (love that site) page out there that can explain this for you.

• Like 3

^yep. Wings on airplanes flex, buildings sway (especially earthquake resistant ones). Think of it like a shock absorber on your car. If the metal or wood were inflexible it would eventually fail from stress fractures. They also need to be flexible due to changes in temperature, why your driveway and sidewalk have expansion joints.

I watched one coaster tv show and they slowmo-ed a woodie going around a high turn and the structure actually flexed 2 feet.

• Like 3

Drink refill stations in Soak City:

They have added a brand new dedicated refill station in Soak City across from the perpetually closed graters stand.

In addition to to this new one there are also refill stations at:

-The east end of the main Soak City gift shop.

-dedicated stand across from the lockers

- Basically dedicated stand at tidal wave bay (also has Italian sausages)

And of course you can get refills at the main concession and subway.

Only suggestion to the park: add signage at the main concession stand line to direct people who want refills only to walk over to the dedicated refill stand behind them for faster service.

If you see two tiny old ladies with big handbags lurking in Planet Snoopy, that's just me and my cousin. She has a permanent inner disorder and the Planet Snoopy rides are all she can muster. We like to wait for yhe spare chair, so we don't take some kid's place.

Edit to add: I hit the wrong quote button. My big ole Slappy Squirrel purse musta got in the way.

• Like 6

quick question. At Kings Island at the games right across from The Racer, there is a huge Kings Island blanket,, that you can get as a prize I'm assuming. Does anybody know if they sell this blanket in any of the gift shops?

I looked around some more, and they don't have that blanket in the gift shops, but there is a sweatshirt-fleece throw available in a few different colors, which just has "Kings Island" printed on it.

They have moved the prize blankets over to the Coney Arcade, for 4000 tickets. Thanks to my Wizard of Oz coin-pusher addiction, I am now the proud owner of two of them, and will probably get more as I finish more character card sets.

They're even nicer than I thought they would be. Super-soft, and pretty big.

• Like 5