Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Now that I have these platinum passes are any of the other CF parks close by worth the trip? I was thinking about Canada's Wonderland and a stop at Niagra but we don't have passports so I will work on that for next year.

Several seem to be a 7-8 hour drive from Columbus so there would be at least a couple hundred for hotels and gas. With KI and CP so close it seems a bit extreme to travel that far for one or two good coasters.

Now that I have these platinum passes are any of the other CF parks close by worth the trip? I was thinking about Canada's Wonderland and a stop at Niagra but we don't have passports so I will work on that for next year.

Several seem to be a 7-8 hour drive from Columbus so there would be at least a couple hundred for hotels and gas. With KI and CP so close it seems a bit extreme to travel that far for one or two good coasters.

We do the Kings Dominion/Carowinds back to back trips regularly. A long weekend with staying at a hotel halfway between the two overnight is very doable. The drive back sucks if you have to work Monday....

• Like 3

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom is greatly underrated. Steel Force is awesome.

And NJFTP beckons from the gate.

Get your Six Flags Gold pass during the Labor Day weekend sale (assuming there is one), and you'll be able to go to any and all Six Flags parks for less than one-day admission and parking at any Cedar Fair park, for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017.

• Like 3

I saw a video today of a ride on WindSeeker at KI......on snap chat.....through one of their features to "share your day at an amusement park." 

There were many on ride videos/pictures on this story.....smh....got to love when 3rd parties encourage the use of electronic devices on rides. 

• Like 6

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom is greatly underrated. Steel Force is awesome.

Get your Six Flags Gold pass during the Labor Day weekend sale (assuming there is one), and you'll be able to go to any and all Six Flags parks for less than one-day admission and parking at any Cedar Fair park, for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017.

This is the first season in several years I have not had a SF Gold SP. Labor Day 2014 I purchased 4 Gold and 3 meal plans for 2015, then promptly in November my wife was fired and we had to move. We didn't get to use them at all. The boys and I moved up here in June 2015 so we just got Zoombezie Bay passes because my youngest still wasn't into rides.

Between CF and Zoo passes I am about in for about $1400, so for now I just want to focus on using them and dropping the pounds so I can actually ride. Certainly will get them when we get a hankering for visiting SFSTL on a trip back home. Since we are so close to Canada now I will work on the passport cards but that will still be another $120 at least for the whole family.. From my understanding you can go into Canada without them the problem is getting back. I could just buy them for my wife and I and then let Canada feed, house and educate my boys for awhile. They might be better off. :)

The other issue that gives me pause on traveling for parks is my boys have issues and are done after 4-6 hours.

Thanks for the input folks!

• Like 7

This is the first season in several years I have not had a SF Gold SP. Labor Day 2014 I purchased 4 Gold and 3 meal plans for 2015, then promptly in November my wife was fired and we had to move. We didn't get to use them at all. The boys and I moved up here in June 2015 so we just got Zoombezie Bay passes because my youngest still wasn't into rides.

Between CF and Zoo passes I am about in for about $1400, so for now I just want to focus on using them and dropping the pounds so I can actually ride. Certainly will get them when we get a hankering for visiting SFSTL on a trip back home. Since we are so close to Canada now I will work on the passport cards but that will still be another $120 at least for the whole family..

Thanks for the input folks!

CF platinums + dinning. I'm in $1800...

And my wife is the perfect Cedar Fair pass and meal plan patron. The food and visit is paid for so she spends instead on other items in the parks.

• Like 6

Well even though I may be new to this site I'm definitely not a noob when it comes to the parks. Kings Dominion and Carowinds are both amazing parks. Been many times to both. I live in WV and between Kings Island, Cedar Point, Carowinds,  and Kings Dominion I really dont need anything more when it comes to the platinum pass. 

• Like 1

Earlier this season I started a thread recommending the park make some changes to ERT.  While that thread wasn't a big hit around here, I went to KI today, and Diamondback was included in ERT.  This was not the case when I visited June 5th.  Is this a recent adjustment others have seen this season, or more than likely because it was a bring-a-friend day?  Has the park adjusted ERT for bring-a-friend days in the past as well?

Whatever the reason, it was much appreciated this morning!

• Like 3

I haven't been on here in a couple days. Thank you to whoever responded about the Kings Island blanket! I appreciate it! Also did anyone go to Spirit Song this weekend? I would've loved going the night Hollyn and Tobymac were at the park but couldn't. I'll get there someday for it!

• Like 2

Earlier this season I started a thread recommending the park make some changes to ERT. While that thread wasn't a big hit around here, I went to KI today, and Diamondback was included in ERT. This was not the case when I visited June 5th. Is this a recent adjustment others have seen this season, or more than likely because it was a bring-a-friend day? Has the park adjusted ERT for bring-a-friend days in the past as well?

It changes throughout the year. It's all planned in advance and unchanged as far as I know.

• Like 2

Earlier this season I started a thread recommending the park make some changes to ERT. While that thread wasn't a big hit around here, I went to KI today, and Diamondback was included in ERT. This was not the case when I visited June 5th. Is this a recent adjustment others have seen this season, or more than likely because it was a bring-a-friend day? Has the park adjusted ERT for bring-a-friend days in the past as well?

It changes throughout the year. It's all planned in advance and unchanged as far as I know.

Diamondback is not supposed to be a part of ERT in June.  Today it was added to the rest of the ERT lineup.

• Like 1

They opened DB one morning I was there earlier in June, but only because Beast was down for some reason. Other than that they haven't added anything on ERT that I've seen.

If they are adding on days when there are more people, I think it's an excellent idea tho.

I need to look to see what July's lineup is. Be here before we know it.

• Like 4

EARLY RIDE TIME

2016 Early Rides Lineup

April/May

Diamondback, Woodstock Gliders, Snoopy's Space Buggies, Woodstock Express

June

Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Kite Eating Tree, Snoopy's Space Buggies

July

Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Character Carousel, Charlie Brown's Windup

August - Labor Day

Banshee, Drop Tower, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Woodstock Express, Snoopy vs. Red Baron

September/October

Banshee, Delirium, Woodstock Gliders, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Snoopy's Space Buggies

Soak City Waterpark (Daily)

Tropical Plunge, Tidal Wave Bay

*Early rides lineup subject to change

• Like 2