Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

You must have 2 clicks down to ride Racer and Beast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As someone on here said to me before going to HW, Kings Island is the only park in the world with PTCs lapbars that are placed lower than industry standards and require two clicks..... learned this the good way traveling to Holiday World, trains their(and I presume every other park in the world with PTCs) are much MUCH more accommodating.

• Like 5

^^ Especially if the humidity doesn't break by then. Thinking of going Wed or Thurs. I know for slides it is better to hit SC first and then dry park in the afternoon, but by 1 or 2 it could be very miserable.

Can you get into SC for ERT at 10:30 from the train station? My boys have not been on FOF or Firehawk yet so thinking of getting there at 9:30, knocking those out and then hit SC. Then maybe going back dry mid afternoon.

• Like 2

Think the train don't open till 11. But you can take the walkway in Planet Snoopy over for Waterpark ERT. You just have to show you pass to gain entrance to where the early rides take place.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I think it was this thread where we discussed wearing shirts on the body slides.

SC has changed their policy and now allows you to wear a rash guard on a body slide IF you tuck it into your trunks. This worked very well for us today and made them much more comfortable on the back and we had no problems on Tropical Plunge.

Thanks KI!

• Like 8

Tip- Reds Grill is the best place to get water. They'll give you one of their full sized, plastic beer glasses at the bar!

Thanks for the tip!  We were at KI on Tuesday and hit Red's up a few time for water.  Definitely the best place in the park!!

• Like 4

I was at the park today, and for the gold pass ERT, they weren't checking passes. I was on FOF with a man, and I asked him why he had Fast Lane, if he had a gold pass (granted he said previously this was his home park). He said he didn't have a pass. Isn't exclusive passholder events supposed to be exclusive?

I was at the park today, and for the gold pass ERT, they weren't checking passes. I was on FOF with a man, and I asked him why he had Fast Lane, if he had a gold pass (granted he said previously this was his home park). He said he didn't have a pass. Isn't exclusive passholder events supposed to be exclusive?

Question on Platinum passes.

My two boys and I have Platinum passes and processed them at KI. We have decided to purchase a Platinum for my wife as well but will be heading to CP tues and wed so will process it there. Are there going to be any potential problems next year if we renew them, like processing again or anything like that?

• Like 2

I just called CP and they said when you renew your pass for the next year there is no in person processing that needs to occur, unlike SF in years past. So I will just need to renew 3 on KI and 1 on CP websites. Hopefully. :)

As far as renewals are concerned is there any kind of discount for renewing 4 or more at the same time? Typically SF gave the best prices when you purchased 4. What are the renewal prices generally in the fall?

• Like 2

Renewals typically get extra perks as well. 2015 gold/platinum passes renewed at Kings Island for 2016 received one Sunday Fast Lane Plus, ERT on Closing Day, and access to a 2016 preview night.

It should be noted that online purchases & renewals are subject to a processing fee that in-person purchases are not subject to. (Currently $5.99 for 1-2 tickets, $7.99 for 3-4 tickets, or $9.99 for 5+ tickets)

• Like 6

Renewals typically get extra perks as well. 2015 gold/platinum passes renewed at Kings Island for 2016 received one Sunday Fast Lane Plus, ERT on Closing Day, and access to a 2016 preview night.It should be noted that online purchases & renewals are subject to a processing fee that in-person purchases are not subject to. (Currently $5.99 for 1-2 tickets, $7.99 for 3-4 tickets, or $9.99 for 5+ tickets)

When you state "at" KI for renewal does than mean physically present or online as well?

SF did this whole online processing fee as well. Why they charge you more when it is cheaper for them is beyond me. They answer may be "because the can".

• Like 3

Nah, the fee is just a minor annoyance. Was concerned about the added perks. No guarantee they will be the same this year or even offered.

Funny story. At SF I had the "membership" which was a pay by month program and then fall of 2014 I cancelled that and purchased 2015 passes outright on Labor Day that included meal plans for the rest of 2014 as a bonus. Well there was about a 5 week overlap so we essentially had 2 meal plans each going on at the same time. I checked with GS and they told me it was no problem to use both on the same day and to just exit the park and re-enter on the different pass. A few days we were not hungry when leaving but were elible for meals so I would order 6 chicken strip meals and put them in gallon ziplock bags I kept in my backpack. On day they even gave me a box to carry it all. Worked out great becuase my youngest has a hollow leg in the evening and can eat up to 3 full meals before he goes to sleep.

• Like 5

It was a great day yesterday at the park. :)

Things to note

I think this is my 10th consecutive visit meeting up with ohiocolts.

Vortex was great but my last ride on it in the same seat was fairly rough. Must be the trains.

I had my first real night ride on The Beast in 3 years!

Diamondback was awesome, have lost weight were I don't need any operator help getting in.

Banshee is still Banshee. Those sensors are glitchy. Wish it was like thunderbird at holiday world where they just require the seatbelt to be buckled.

VERY dead for a Friday. Loved it!

Thank God for FunPix! :) Thanks Lucas!

d63c562cb9cc920ff368bf217c411e8f.jpg

edfdfbc2661691ed19ffc63302b4a37d.jpg

24d5b7180f157bac6df938868cf29f13.jpg

fb4eb5c77fde2a45e86b19a59aa5517f.jpg

90c91bb131bfb0bd99b118df92a3143c.jpg

11e1420420802c8d0175b5f8deee73bf.jpg

And thanks RaptorGuy for taking our photo on the train!

6b9d61203111367526e6b5d826eb4f46.jpg

KI 7/8/2016

Arrive at 4:35

Diamondback 8-2 green

Diamondback 1-2 red

The Beast 6-2

Vortex 7-1

Racer 1-1

Meet ohiocolts and his friend from admissions

Banshee r2

Banshee r8

The Bat 6-1

Racer 1-2

Vortex 7-1

The Beast 6-2

train!

Diamondback 2-1

Adventure Express 1-1

Racer 1-2

Vortex 7-1

The Beast AT NIGHT 4-2

Leave park at 10:50 PM

McDonalds

Get home at 12:00 AM

• Like 8

You were so lucky to just get your knees wet!

We all were soaked!

No ride on flume since for Lucas! He scoffs and shoots down any idea every visit. Don't blame him. :)

What, you didn't try WWC in the ever trustworthy presence of Captain Biscuit?

• Like 4

^How was your ride on the amazing Adventure Express today?!

It was great! :) Loved your spiel "Enjoy your ride on Adventure Express and watch for falling trees!"

Cannot believe I was almost locked out of the ride!

• Like 4