Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

It's as if the other parks see "foreign" Platinum Pass Holders as freeloaders to be tolerated at best.

Compare how SeaWorld treats "foreign" pass holders.

No comparison.

Your best customers who paid the most you treat like dirt. That makes sense.

Told my wife I wanted to ride WWC today . She said I'll get the quarters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So if you are riding WWC and have the quarters what are planning on doing? Toss them up to the people by the cannons? Or did you mean? She said, "I'll get the quarters."

KDD - Beating Grammar Policeman Terp to the punch.

• Like 4

Told my wife I wanted to ride WWC today . She said I'll get the quarters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So if you are riding WWC and have the quarters what are planning on doing? Toss them up to the people by the cannons? Or did you mean? She said, "I'll get the quarters."

KDD - Beating Grammer Policeman Terp to the punch.

Grammar if you want to correct properly lol

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Coaster Nation on Youtube just uploaded a new video, showing the new White Water Canyon entrance, I know what your thinking, we've already seen it... But wait this shows the train crossing with the train sitting on the tracks! This looks amazing, I love it! It will look even more better when the vines grow over the arbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXgNVeAxE6E

What is the third rail for? 2' narrow gauge?

I remember reading somewhere that the splashdown works as a sort of brake in a way. Without the water it would have too much speed leading into the final brake run. That's my guess why it's trimmed so heavily.

You are correct, the splash down assists with slowing the train down.

• Like 1

Had a great day at the park yesterday.  The only issue was the heat.  No wait for food at RHOFG and quick service.  Skyline on IS was to the door, but it actually went quickly, even with only a line person and a drink person.  The drink person was actually speeding things up by going down the line to the desert station and taking drink orders and bringing them to the customers in line, greatly speeding up service.  This is very encouraging to see!

• Like 8

I haven't had passes in years until this year, and I used to work there.  I love going there and bringing my kids, so much fun and nostalgia. 

I hope this doesn't sound too elitist or rude.  Is it just me, or is there a disproportionate amount of really trashy people in the park?  I'm talking smoking, vulgarity, severe lack of clothing that just screams "no shame". 

To each his own and all that, but when I am in a public place with my kids, I don't want them to see / her / inhale that nonsense.  It's been a few years since I've gone a lot, so maybe it is just a cultural norm at this point.

• Like 5