Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

If it's anything like their "ticketing" of people parked in what I call the "special snowflake" spots*, it's not that big of a deal. It's just a warning that their license plate number has been recorded and if they park there again they may be towed (I took a pic of one on someone's windshield once because I was curious). I've very rarely seen them even bothering to warn, and never seen any towing.

*the spots on the end of rows meant to allow for visibility when joining the main "road" through the lot, but usually occupied by special snowflakes to whom the rules don't apply. "You mean the lines painted across the spot and the trash cans partially blocking them mean I'm not supposed to park there? I had no idea." I usually get to the park at parking lot opening (sometimes a little earlier) so I can park on one of the closest end spots, so I get to see a lot of the activity that goes on with the special snowflake spots next to me.

• Like 6

There are 5 buses in the rv lot and about 10 cars and all of the cars have tickets. I don't know what kind of tickets they were (probably warnings), just noticed that they were getting tickets. There should be warning signs somewhere though, and there aren't any. There are signs indicating that it is rv/bus parking. This late in the day I'm not sure why it makes a difference where anyone parks except for not parking in clearly marked " no parking " spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Frankly I think it's odd that buses get such "prime" parking. Buses should drop people off by the handicap lot drop off and then bus and RV parking should be I the very back of the lot where there are always spots. Furthermore, this time of year there are hardly any buses... It's ridiculous to keep that area "open" for buses... During the final days of the school year I would understand handing out "tickets", but to do it today just seems like the wrong fight to pick.

• Like 4

As I left there were more cars parked there and a different patrol who wasn't passing out warnings.... So every other car had a ticket.... Very inconsistent process. I can't imagine getting one of these while others parking there didn't get one . I'm sure guest services got an earful yesterday.

• Like 1

Me and my friend went to check the line, there was 20 people. We thought we could ride The Beast and come back and it will be the same.

Nope lol. We came back and the line was by the Coca-Cola Freestyle building. I'll take it looking at where the line is now. Super pumped.

• Like 5

Words cannot describe how great of a day I had at Kings Island... this community of respectful coaster loving people are awesome!

THANK YOU! I do not know where I would be in life without this site.... this site and community has changed my life for the better in ways I never thought possible.

Thank you... lets roll call down the list of people I met today.

BeastForever

Mr and Mrs. NoChickens

Malem

Jcgoble3

Freaks76

DubVLegend

Silver2005

Chugh43

Thrill_Biscuit

Ohio Valley Coasters

Hoeter

Magenta Lizard

Aandjgoods

Ohiocolts

Beastie1980

MDMC01

WailsLikeABanshee(WailingBanshee soon?)

Thank you all for a great time!

I will most likely be making a TR for the first time in 2 months about this visit.

808032_072816_000022194_zps5ymnash3.jpg

808053_072816_000020572_zps3xjtxjxk.jpg

8080220_072816_000011407_zpsyv5r9nhk.jpg

8080420_072816_000007885_zpsrdyjbk5a.jpg

808032_072816_000022220_zps7rvbo6vz.jpg

Order of Events

Arrival at 2:30 PM EDT

Dropped off at the sign while my brother and my friend head over to Soak City

Briefly see Don (Was too nervous to say hi! lol)

ORIGINS! :)

(Meet up with BeastForever, Chugh43, Malem, Nochickens, Thrill_Biscuit, Jcgoble3, Magenta Lizard, Freaks76)

Group Photo!

Just me, Freaks76, Malem and BeastForever

Diamondback 3-2 (And briefly say hello to CoasterGeek101)

Get FUNPIX! :)

The Beast 6-1

BLSC 3-1

Vortex 7-1

Firehawk 5-1

Jcgoble3 and Freaks76 leave to eat

Meet Up with Silver2005

Vortex 6-1

Red Racer 4-2 (And a VERY surprisingly smooth ride!)

Adventure Express 6-2 (And briefly say hello to Jdawg1998)

Meet back up with Jcgoble3 and Freaks76

Meet DubVLegend

Banshee 2-4

Beast Forever leaves for dinner

The Bat 7-1

Firehawk 1-1

Meet back up with Beast Forever

Buy an All season Souvenir Cup at La Rosas

KIMVRR

RHOFG

Server holds me and some others up and seperates the group.

Get in line at 7:55 PM with TB, Chugh43, Hoeter, Magenta Lizard and the No Chickens

Boddha1994 comes by and we discuss what we think the ride will be.

Opens up Crypt gates at 8:30

INCREDIBLE photo ops of Diamondback

Finally opens at 9:25 PM.

ANOUNCEMENT

Try to buy a Mystic T-shirt... card declines to go through..... (cash limits I believe...)

Briefly meet up with WailsLikeABanshee

Group photo at Kings Island sign

Leave at 11:01 PM

Three Group Photos!

(Photo Creds: Amy Lucas, Mrs. NoChickens and some very nice KI Employee!)

13882583_10155075018663696_3905138574716

rghalf2_zpsv0ox2tzh.jpg

728frt_zpsjxk5gkw3.jpg

Thank you all for a great time.... one of my best theme park visits I have had.

-stashua123 :)

• Like 11

Went to the park for the announcement yesterday and got to see the Christmas in July stuff on International Street. I know I drive this point into the ground nonstop but... the instrumental music on International Street. It may be Christmas music, but there are parts that don't sound Christmas-y at all and remind me of the old days. Just the music alone makes International Street feel so much more majestic. PLEASE KI, change it back to instrumental PERMANENTLY. We know that the ability to play different music in various areas of the park is there. Just use it already.

• Like 15

Had a great time at the park yesterday!  Enjoyed chatting with some KIC folks on the train.  Here are my observations:

1.  Christmas in July was great!  Enjoyed the music and the decor.

2.  Speaking of music, it seems that some one at KI has decided to turn the volume down.  I hope this continues.  I could actually hear people.

3.  Ride operations were great. Not crowded, but they were working hard.  New on DB to me, the spieler would  announce the hammerhead was clear, and the train was consistently going out shortly after that.

4.  Food service speed has generally improved since the early season. 

5.  No trays at IS Skyline.  How they expect you to carry a 3-way, a coney, a drink, a card, plasticware, napkins and crackers and your pass is beyond me.

6.  At the PS Ice cream, service was terrible.  I waited in a line, got to the register while the employee talked to a supervisor.  When I cleared my throat, she said, "Oh you can move to the next line."  So, I did as there was only one person in that line and was getting change.  But the supervisor had to interupt to get her to change a bill for coin rolls.  Then, I kid you not, the second employee took almost three minutes to count out 89 cents to the original customer.  She looked confused and scared.  After she gave the customer change, instead of taking my order, she talked to two employees who were standing to the side, wanting ice cream.  So she got them ice cream and ignored a paying customer.  She made ice cream cones directly after handling cash.  Had the supervisor not been right there, I would have walked away.  I spoke to him, and he stated that they periodically have to make change.  That was not so much the issue as unclean hands.  The supervisor recognized this and washed his hands and made me a cone. 

• Like 7

I second, third and fourth the sentiment on the music. Mrs. Festhaus and I were milling about yesterday and were taken aback by the music. It almost brought a tear to my eye because it was majestic. Made everything seem different. The fountains and Eiffel Tower felt grander and what has become routine, walking around I.S., felt like I was on a vacation.

When you go to a park it should feel like an event. Having different music, instead of the same pop stuff, takes you away from outside life and make the area you are in now more special. It was amazing what happens when you spice up one of the 5 senses that I think gets forgotten.

• Like 15

No sir we were in the park today wearing our new Mystic Timbers shirts(love the logo and colors by the way) and we're constantly stopped by employees wanting to see the shirts and some who didn't even know the name. We were going to pick up a couple more shirts for gifts but were told the only way to get one now is to come back in spring 2017

Edit: ok well even though a park employee told us you couldn't get the shirts any more they are definitely still selling them at the little shop by The Beast of anyone wants to pick one up.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Regarding the music, this past week I was working Emporium and the music suddenly switched back over to the regular pop music for a couple of hours. They eventually got it fixed. The fact that they only played the orchestral music on International Street and not park wide makes me wonder if it's possibly a dry run for a new soundtrack for the entrance and International Street. Most likely not, but one can only dream.

• Like 7

No sir we were in the park today wearing our new Mystic Timbers shirts(love the logo and colors by the way) and we're constantly stopped by employees wanting to see the shirts and some who didn't even know the name. We were going to pick up a couple more shirts for gifts but were told the only way to get one now is to come back in spring 2017

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

I bought one tonight at the little Shop between the arcade in Rivertown, and The Beast. So....

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 6

5.  No trays at IS Skyline.  How they expect you to carry a 3-way, a coney, a drink, a card, plasticware, napkins and crackers and your pass is beyond me.

I have noticed this in some other spots as well.  It is to the point that if it is just my son and myself, I will scout for a tray at the food location first.  It there is not one, I will find one and bring it with me.  On a few occasions, I have had to point them out to employees when asked.  However, it does seem to be getting better

• Like 4

I will note, when I stopped by Guest Services to comment about the lack of trays, I also commented about the music.  The associates said that they love to hear that, because it allows them to pass it on to higher ups.  They said they also like the Christmas in July and the instrumental music too.  Maybe someone does listen to the comments left there.

• Like 11