Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Anybody tell me exactly what year the Red's dugout changed names? I used to love shopping in there for MLB helmets. I think they had just about every team at one time. I bought a Pirates helmet back in the day and the paperboy shot a hole in it with a BB gun and I made him pay me for it with interest. haha! A** whoopin avoided.

I know this doesn't belong in 2016 thread, but somebody can answer:)

• Like 2

Hey all,

I have a question--- Is there a reason that they are not running the fountain/fountains in the pond behind Hanks?

The reason I ask is the fish that are in there are  "less active" than in previous seasons and I was thinking this had something to do with it.(I think I read, saw or heard somewhere that these types of fountains agitate the water which keeps algae down and helps fish survive in stagnant waters)

As I get older my activities at the park have changed---I no longer ride from open to close, instead I walk the park, enjoy some milder rides and attractions,(The Bat, Boo Blasters, KI&MVRR, The ET and Woodstock Gliders) watch some shows ad enjoy some other things such as the arcade, feeding the fish behind Hanks (I also do this when I go to CP as well) and (thanks to Thrill Biscuit for mentioning it on here)shooting off the water cannons at rafts filled with people on WWC.

I am just a little concerned that one of the things I enjoy at the park is diminished and hopefully won't cease to be enjoyable.

Later,

Mark

• Like 6

I'm just asking as I can think of a bunch that would fit a theme park setting, including that of I-Street, but I'm not to savvy on if KI actually puts in movie music, mainly due to licensing issues.  I'm trying to take a realistic approach. 

EDIT: I'm not counting music in Planet Snoopy or WindSeeker's playlist, I'm talking what's played on the midways. 

• Like 4

Initial list for I-Street playlist-

- Stars and Stripes Forever and any of Sousa's more popular and well known marches (Washington Post, El Capitan)

- Baby Elephant Walk- Henry Mancini

- A Theme To A Summer Place and Theme For Young Lovers- Percy Faith

- Clair de Lune- Claude Debussy (only after closing, preferably an orchestral arrangement over a piano  arrangement for added effect, it would go perfectly with the fountains at night)

- From out of left field- Breakfast Machine from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure- Danny Elfman (since I heard this in the park back in the Paramount days, I can't stop associating it with Kings Island).  

- Aquarium theme from The Carnival of the Animals- Camille Saint-Saens

- Theme from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves- Michael Kamen

- As cliche as this song is, it works- Chariots of Fire- Vangelis

- Love Theme from St Elmo's Fire- David Foster

• Like 4

I did notice that they did not show Bert riding Diamondback., just some B-roll footage of it.

I was an extra in the Holiday World portion of the episode, and I spotted myself in the background a few times in the Thunderbird segment. I also think I identified a B-roll shot on Mammoth in which I was wearing a GoPro camera on my chest, but I need to watch it again to be sure.

EDIT: Yep, that's my shot, where the boat comes into the splashdown area, just before they cut to Bert in the observation area. You can see my pasty white knee at the bottom left of the frame. :P

• Like 7

No doubt that the no re-ride policy (even for a TV show) is what bumped the Bert the Conqueror episode from being a entire episode about Kings Island or at least the premier park of that particular episode.  Instead Holiday World got top billing for the episode.  Instead of putting on display Diamondback, we get a hey lets ride Vortex since we are close by lol

Not surprising at all that Diamondback didn't get top billing and surprised it even made B-roll footage given the events that happened that day during filming at Diamondback...

• Like 4

But, it was early and wasn't even a station wait at the time of the shoot.  More guests were inconvenienced when they made Bert and crew get off the Diamondback train and send it out EMPTY - that's right nobody was on it, and waited for the train to cycle back into the station before allowing Bert and crew to re-enter their seats from the exit side.  That particular train was decked out with many cameras to get lots of angles and ride shots and guests facial expressions on the ride so they had to ride that particular train.  Cameras and crew were there and ready well before park opening.  Bert on the other hand was a little late lol but the shoot wasn't even supposed to be until after park open anyway...

• Like 4

So this week at Kings Island is Kick Cancer week(Im sure most of you already know that). But for those of you who didn't know now you do! You have to love when people come together for a good cause. So anyone who stops by this week take time to spend $5 (if you have the extra cash, lord knows we spend more than $5 every time we are at the park on some stupid stuff) and kick a ball into the fountain(pretty fun actually) Not only does the money go to a great cause but you also get a chance to win a sharp looking Honda.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Eiffel Tower colored pink for obvious reasons.

83d5ec51d0c25e6c1d8399a300a2a304.jpg

I absolutely love the color schemes they do with the tower and how they change it accordingly with the holidays and special events.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Speaking of the playlist, I noticed they recently added some new songs, including "We don't talk anymore" (Selena Gomez/Charlie Puth), "Work from Home" (Fifth Harmony), "Me Too" (Meghan Trainor) and one of my favorites, "Wild Things" (Alessia Cara).

• Like 4

The park and Performance Kings Honda would probably like everyone to know that the make of the raffle car is Honda rather than Hyundai.

Oops that was a big no no huh? I did make the edit before I made the great people at Honda mad. Thanks for donating the ride for the cause guys!

Someone here must drive a Honda ;)

• Like 1

So this week at Kings Island is Kick Cancer week(Im sure most of you already know that). But for those of you who didn't know now you do! You have to love when people come together for a good cause. So anyone who stops by this week take time to spend $5 (if you have the extra cash, lord knows we spend more than $5 every time we are at the park on some stupid stuff) and kick a ball into the fountain(pretty fun actually) Not only does the money go to a great cause but you also get a chance to win a sharp looking Honda.

I'll leave you with a picture of the Eiffel Tower colored pink for obvious reasons.

PICTURE

I absolutely love the color schemes they do with the tower and how they change it accordingly with the holidays and special events.

Good thing light color isn't changed through changing gels in front of lights anymore :) Now we can enjoy almost any color very easily

• Like 4