Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Those who were looking forward to the typically lighter crowds this time of year (at least during the week) might be disappointed. The park has announced that now through the 21st, Gold/Platinum passholders can bring up to four friends for $15.99 each. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/events-and-promotions/June-19-Gold-and-Platinum-Pass-Bring-Your-Friends-Day?mobile=0

• Like 3

So my wife got hit in the face with a hat on Diamondback this afternoon. I know they don't allow glasses without straps, don't they require riders take off hats and secure them?

About what time and was the hat wearer sitting in the front row? We saw someone in front row holding onto his hat on down the first hill. Just curious if it was him.
  • Like 2

So my wife got hit in the face with a hat on Diamondback this afternoon. I know they don't allow glasses without straps, don't they require riders take off hats and secure them?

About what time and was the hat wearer sitting in the front row? We saw someone in front row holding onto his hat on down the first hill. Just curious if it was him.
Probably between 12-1 she was mid train and doesn't know who's hat it was.
  • Like 2

Probably between 12-1 she was mid train and doesn't know who's hat it was.
Wasn't me I always sit in the back. I always hold on to my glasses and hat when I ride never lost any yet. Came close on Drop Tower and that was because the ride op told me it was ok to wear my glasses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is neat- the Kings Island Youtube page uploaded Beast & Banshee POV's today...AND THEY ARE IN 60 FRAMES PER SECOND (aka much smoother video with a more accurate sense of speed)! Here are links...

The Beast

Banshee

My only gripe is these were filmed with empty trains, so especially on Beast you can tell it seems to be a bit slower than if the trains were full. Other than that though, these are awesome IMO. :P Now I want 60FPS POV's of all the other coasters/rides though...

• Like 7

My only gripe is these were filmed with empty trains, so especially on Beast you can tell it seems to be a bit slower than if the trains were full. Other than that though, these are awesome

I echo this sentiment completely! It's looked like a very cool time of day/weather combo to be filming POVs, but the slow and empty trains hurt the final product. On one hand though, I find comfort knowing I'm not the only coaster-crazed person who notices such a minor detail haha. Either way, cool videos and I still enjoy watching them

• Like 6

Had one great time! Thank you all! Best amusement park visit... idk, lol I have had so many memorable ones this year.

Thanks BeastForever for being a good ride companion for pretty much 11 AM on, and for giving me a lift home since I did not have a ride home, was greatly appreciated and was great getting to know you, I hope we meet again sometime!

Thank you to everyone else, Ohiocolts, Aandjggoods and the people from Ohio Valley Coasters! GREAT time!

I will post funpix tommorow morning.... got a lot of photos to sort through.

Racer 1-2
Adventure Express 1-1
Scrambler
Backlot Stunt Coaster 3-1
Meetup with BeastForever
Diamondback 8-1
The Beast 6-2
Vortex 5-1 TRAIN 3
WindSeeker 21 and 22
Racer
Lunch!
Aandjgoods and ohiocolts meet up with them.
Diamondback 4-1
Train'
The Beast 6-2
Vortex 5-1 Train 2
Attempt to ride Firehawk. RAIN.
The Bat 1-1
Banshee 8-4
Banshee 1-1
Dinner at Starbucks
Theo
Back to finding each other
Firehawk 1-1
Diamondback 8-2
The Beast 3-2
Racer marathon 10 times
Grand Carousel
Leave at 10 pm

EDIT: and PS: Malem, we did speed walking occasionally... BeastForever edged me out a bit... I need to get back into speed walking shape lol! :D

• Like 7

Nice.  I don't get why there is a giant hand in The Vortex photos.  Maybe just to hide the riders in the seat behind?  Seems like they could have just used The Vortex logo.

Also, something really needs to be done about the Diamondback trains before next season.  The seats and restraints look super gross. 

• Like 3

Uh....that Beast photo third from the bottom has a hand gesture not quite appropriate for the forums....

I just noticed this! How did that get through!

*edits that out*

Sorry for unknowingly putting that on here. 

And it was a good photo too... had to be ruined by some stupid delinquents in front of us.  <_<

• Like 4

Nice.  I don't get why there is a giant hand in The Vortex photos.  Maybe just to hide the riders in the seat behind?  Seems like they could have just used The Vortex logo.

Also, something really needs to be done about the Diamondback trains before next season.  The seats and restraints look super gross.

Vortex has an old logo showing the track being gripped by a giant robot hand.

KI_Vortex.jpg

Also, how dare you insult B&M Hypercoaster clamshells.

• Like 5

Here are the FunPix from yesterday! Even bought myself a on ride photo print at DB to put up on my wall of posters and other things in my room.

Haha nice pics. We actually saw you guys in The Beast station (I commented on someone's MT shirt). A great day to ride at KI. Place was darn near empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

And it was a good photo too... had to be ruined by some stupid delinquents in front of us.  <_<

You could try to save it by editing that bozo out of the picture. Maybe put someone else in his place? :)

Wish I had those capabilities but I dont have photoshop anymore... free trial is done. :/

Maybe we could get TB on that!

• Like 2

And it was a good photo too... had to be ruined by some stupid delinquents in front of us. <_<

You could try to save it by editing that bozo out of the picture. Maybe put someone else in his place? :)

Wish I had those capabilities but I dont have photoshop anymore... free trial is done. :/

Maybe we could get TB on that!

This sounds like something that could also be put into the Where's Goble thread!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 1