Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

And they just figured this out? Thanks for the timely heads up KI.

Maybe they're ahead of schedule. Maybe they ran into an issue on one part and diverted resources to another part while the issue is getting resolved.

or...

Maybe they planned it all along and are just now telling us.

• Like 3

I'm at the park, and I just had an EXCELLENT experience on WWC! I'm currently on crutches due to a minor injury, and the ride ops did a station stop, helped me into the boat, moved my crutches to the side, did another station stop, brought my crutches back, and helped me out, twice. And it wasn't just one person helping me in/out. One attendant on each side of me, even though I could have easily gotten in and out by myself. They were super friendly too! The second time, the guy who had been in the tower, was on the platform, and remembered spraying my one friend really well. He checked our belts, and told us he was gonna call up to the tower, and tell them to spray him specifically. We get there, and the girl sprays us, then says she was "trying to get the boy in the white shirt, like I was told to." HE ACTUALLY CALLED UP TO THE TOWER. It really felt like Kings Island cares about their customers.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 8

^ On our first trip to KI ever in June, WWC was our second ride after RFYLCB (both my boys are Aspies) we were right behind someone in a wheel chair and the cue was just huge. I think given the long trek back they didn't make us wait the same customary time as the que and let us all right on. Not only that, after our first round they asked if we wanted to go again! Both rafts accepted and needless to say everyone was completely drenched by the end. I suspect TB was manning his battle station as well.

I completely agree KI and its associates really do care about their customers, The only exception I run into are some of the younger ride associates and I just chalk that up to lack of experience on the job and full immersion in the culture.

My experiences at CP have been the same as well.

• Like 7

I've been concerned that this new ride will ruin---in one way or another---WWC.  My hope is that the late opening and early closure of WWC is an indicator that they are going to do it right, and make sure both rides are fantastic.  Could be WWC is even better after the Mystic Timbers install.  Hoping so!

• Like 6

I've been concerned that this new ride will ruin---in one way or another---WWC. My hope is that the late opening and early closure of WWC is an indicator that they are going to do it right, and make sure both rides are fantastic. Could be WWC is even better after the Mystic Timbers install. Hoping so!

This is largely why I wished the park would've had a more detailed animation so we could see easier how it would interact with WWC and with the train.. and to get an idea of what the entrance plaza will look like
  • Like 3

I finally got to see "Origins" Sunday while attending KIKCC. I enjoyed the show but felt last years show was better. I think last years had more of a story/theme. Either way; I enjoyed it.
1bfa9a847b19b3b2042eb3fbb4c307e5.jpg

I also got my Boo Blasters in. Racked up a "1950" with half the targets not working. I guess not too shabby. LOL
eed7acbd1a6ffcc3dbbc35bcf99eaea3.jpg

• Like 7

Totally agreed on Imagine vs Origins.  We were fortunate enough to see Imagine again at KD a few weeks back, and they have integrated the pin juggling into that show, and also added a parallel bar and tumbling routine in the middle that the KI Imagine didnt have.  In no way is Origins BAD, Imagine was just THAT good from the very first time I saw it.

• Like 8

Definitely on the no b-balls!!  Indyguy and I were talking about that at KD, and Im one of those guys who would fill the basketballs juuuuust enough to make them round and "look" right, but flat enough that any shmo who decided to play MJ while walking down the midway would get nothing but a "thud" on the first dribble.  

In regards to KI 2016, out of general curiosity, has the quality and efficiency of food service improved?

• Like 6

Definitely on the no b-balls!!  Indyguy and I were talking about that at KD, and Im one of those guys who would fill the basketballs juuuuust enough to make them round and "look" right, but flat enough that any shmo who decided to play MJ while walking down the midway would get nothing but a "thud" on the first dribble.  

In regards to KI 2016, out of general curiosity, has the quality and efficiency of food service improved?

I visited for the first time since Coasterstock on the night of the announcement.....much much much better efficiency for food service. Quality, I'd say it was the same as last year for me. 

• Like 4

Food disservice has been decent except the burger stand and ice cream in PS, customers are just a problem to go away there. Would be nice if they filled your souvenir cup at RHOFG but the Coke stand is close. I personally had really good service and food there a couple of weeks ago and left a 25% tip on total bill before meal plan discounts.

• Like 4

On food last time I was there a few weeks back they couldn't get the Subway line right in the water park. A group of us were in line and they said the right side was drinks only so we all go to the left the girl leaves and people show up go in the right lane and they make subs... Oh well can't get it right all of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2