Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Id have to disagree. Sorry but i feel all the food there seems to be mediocre at best. By far the biggest disappointment IMO would be Panda Express. Chinese is one of my all time favorite foods and I've ate at hundreds of Chinese places in different states and countries and I'm sorry but Panda Express at KI seems to be one of the worse. Don't get me wrong I love Kings Island guys! And the Oreo churros and funnels cakes and candy apples.... Ok so all the desserts seem to be on "fleek" but when it comes to actual food I'd rather leave the park and enjoy some of the many options 5 mins away that's a lot cheaper. Don't mean to offend. Just an opinion of a 270lb guy.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haha well when it comes to Chinese, Panda Express is not my first choice by a long shot...

Side story (off topic sorry): read an AMA about a person working at a Chinese restaurant. The reason all of the meals seem the same is because when a family wants to open a new restaurant they see what is already popular and just copy that with only 1 or 2 unique items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I reported a few health code violations to Guest Services on Sunday about IS Skyline. I witnessed the person making the food eating with his gloved hand then going back and making orders. He was also touching is face and nose with his gloved hands and making food. That's a huge no-no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm so glad I was at the park tonight, even if it was for an hour and a half. I rode Invertigo on both ends of the train, Banshee in the front seat, Vortex twice with no more than five other riders aboard, and WindSeeker twice including one ride in the rain and a solo ride (for the first time since 2013!) to close out the evening. Not to mention I saw a double rainbow during the drive home... :D

AND I saw stashua123 and ohiocolts (in case you were wondering who that crazy person waving at you from aboard Vortex was :P)!

• Like 6

I wanted (and hoped) to get a Vortex train to myself, but it was 8:00 right as my having-WindSeeker-to-myself flight came to a close (as in, one of the associates was moving the trash can to block Vortex's entrance mere moments before WindSeeker safely landed me back on solid ground).

Thankfully, I have had such "zen ride" instances on Vortex before; I came pretty close tonight, AND my solo 'Seeker flight was also WindSeeker's last cycle of the day! :D

For those who did get their own Vortex trains to themselves, I'm happy you did! And I hope you had lots of FUN! :)

• Like 6

I've had a The Beast zen ride before in the front seat, at night. 

I don't normally scream on Coasters unless I want to act silly with friends, but I did today on my Vortex zen ride.  It just seemed appropriate, and even though I was in 7-1, it was really rough, probably because I was the only weight in the train.

I'm so glad I decided last year to start re-riding Vortex.  I'm glad it's not sinking.

• Like 4

I almost never scream on coasters anymore, but during my "shower ride" on Vortex yesterday, I let out a squeal at one point.

A friend dropped by the park for a couple hours before work and I ran into him as I was leaving The Beast tour. He mentioned wanting to leave early if it rained, since he was dressed for work. I was hot and sticky from the humidity, so I mentioned I kind of wanted it to rain some to cool off. As we walked up the stairs to Vortex, there were a few tiny drops of rain and he said it looked like I'd get my wish. We pretty much walked on, but by the time we pulled out of the station, and for the rest of the ride, it was like having a hose on us while someone else tossed buckets of water over our heads.

Refreshing!

I was apologizing to him for it until he left :)

• Like 10

I had great day at Kings Island yesterday. I saw this a lot but it truly was one of my best.

Diamondback 8-1
Banshee 8-1
Meet up with Aandjgoods and ejector airtime
Group photo
Banshee Backstage tour
BLSC
Diamondback
Lunch
Aandjgoods leaves
Meet up with gforce1994
AE
Meet up with reon!
Racer 4-2
Arcade
Zephyr
Firehawk 5-1
Vortex 7-1
Bye Gforce1994
Diamondback 8-2
Goodbye Reon!
Meet up with Gforce1994, Coasterbob62, Aandjgoods and others.
Beast tour
Diamondback tour
Meet up with the Coaster Critics including OVC and Aandjgoods
Vortex 6-2 in the POURING RAIN
BLSC
Diamondback 7-1
Racer 4-2
Monster with OVC
Dinner
Aandjgoods and OVC leave
Hey theo!
Delirium with 7 ppl!
Banshee 8-1
Meetup with Aandjgoods and ohiocolts!
The Bat 3-1
Banshee 6-4
Racer 4-2
Vortex 7-1
The Beast 1-1, 6-2,(both with magenta lizard) 1-2(with KI employee!), 1-1 (with some very nice old lady!)
Have a 20 minute conversation with Electricsun, IndyGuy4KI Mom of Beastie1980 and Beastie 1980.
Goodnight! Leave at 9:15
Funpix!
4bdbc14eca9d92025686cc774684407d.jpg
598e09eb1e3c19866efb0b523ee031e5.jpg
1fac56c282845cd9be3492a69b081e4e.jpg
80d4faa09acfd3d69a9833839b4330ad.jpg
9fb7ec9b272d205b9eb8bb69dfeeccef.jpg

9a3453fe826ec4dc790e648271f40ed8.jpg
0c37418e9470391b86ff20b1086a6537.jpg
62cc07fb9748db2b90be906374628b91.jpg
9115af6cb473da9438d67798e3a639c4.jpg

And three group photos we took. :)
0a7c045a33cf1c079758b64e3e950952.jpg
f7bda3c8352c48316ab7d7be026b1547.jpg
61027f53314192a61181c1f4825402fc.jpg
(Thanks Don for taking not just one but two group photos of us! :) )

• Like 13

This hit me today when we were leaving the park.  I noticed that the Security "wall" is now across the entire entrance.  Last year, at Haunt, it was in such a way that there was access to the bathrooms.  If the Haunt lines are like they were last year (and I can not see why they would not be), I have a feeling that there may be a few more "puddles" in the parking lot.  (I gotta give credit to Holiday World for the restrooms outside of the entrance).  Something to plan for accordingly.

I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to guest services?  While I am not against security sweeps,  I am not a fan of puddle jumping either.

• Like 1

This hit me today when we were leaving the park.  I noticed that the Security "wall" is now across the entire entrance.  Last year, at Haunt, it was in such a way that there was access to the bathrooms.  If the Haunt lines are like they were last year (and I can not see why they would not be), I have a feeling that there may be a few more "puddles" in the parking lot.  (I gotta give credit to Holiday World for the restrooms outside of the entrance).  Something to plan for accordingly.

I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to guest services?  While I am not against security sweeps,  I am not a fan of puddle jumping either.

Last year at Haunt, the bag checks/metal detectors were at the outer edge of the entry plaza, and one had to pass through them to reach the restroom. That's fine since guests are not held outside the security checks until opening. As long as any temporary fencing erected directly in front of the gate enables restroom access, it should be fine.

(In past years, in order to allow room for the Wall of Monsters to approach when the gates opened, they have put up temporary fencing prior to opening on Friday nights to keep the waiting guests back a bit from the gate, which may be what you're thinking of. This fencing has generally permitted restroom access up until about five minutes before opening when they have to close the overhead doors to prepare the Wall of Monsters.)

• Like 1

I recall one night that my son and myself were there.  We were through security and we had to go to the bathroom.  We went up to the fencing leading to one of the raised areas that have some shrubs and stepped over them and went to the restroom.  When we went to go back, we were stopped and told to go back through security.  No big problem and I honestly did not give it much thought.

It may have been early in the season or I planned accordingly thereafter.  We usually try to get there early, as the lines for security last year were pretty long.

I will say this, it does look like they have more Security ques this year.  I hope that the plan is to fully staff them during Haunt.

• Like 3

I accidentally discovered a tip that I want to pass on.  If someone already has said this, please forgive my ignorance.  I keep a general park bag that I throw in the car when we head out.  There are wet wipes, some small tools, flashlight, zip lock bags, etc.  I add chargers, extra batteries, medicines, etc the day of / night before as needed.  The plan is that it stays in the car and all other items go in the cargo shorts with fastenable pockets (not really a word but you know what I mean).

So, we get to the park this morning at 10AM and Mother Nature is making up for White Water Canyon being down.  We brought some windbreakers, but just in case I put the contents of each of my 4 pockets into the zip lock bags.  When we had to go through security, it was a lot easier to hold 4 baggies and my keys than all of the individual components.  The bags are clear, so they can check them out if they want.  After going through, other than keeping my passes out, everything went back to its assigned pocket.  (A little obsessive, I know)

It ended up working so good, I used it all day.  The only part I changed was I used the lanyard holder for my Funpix card.  When on the rides, I detached the plastic section and placed it in the pocket.  This was easier than before, as I used to stick it with the passes in the wallet.

The only con that I found was unziplocking my wallet with the passes and credit cards during purchases or dining plan usage, but I am working on this.

I am sure most of the folks on here have their own method, but just throwing this out there.

• Like 2

^ I do much the same thing with a couple of differences. Ziplock quart freezer bags with the double lock are great. I have a small credit card sized "waterproof" (it's not) hard shell wallet I got on eBay direct from China for $1 to keep my passes, DL, CC and maybe a $20 in. If there is a chance of rain my boys and I each keep one of the cheap $1 ponchos in a cargo pocket. Also I clip a caribiner to my belt to clip my drink cup(s) if I need my hands free.

Everyone in the zip locks for security checkpoint is a great idea.

• Like 4