Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Since we are on the security subject... I honestly have no problem with a security check(actually think it's kinda necessary these days) however I feel that it's pretty pointless if your not doing them all the time. How do you decide which day needs a security check and which ones don't. Like I said I'm all for it but it should be consistent if your really trying to keep the park safe. Yes it will cost more money. But money well spent.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Since we are on the security subject... I honestly have no problem with a security check(actually think it's kinda necessary these days) however I feel that it's pretty pointless if your not doing them all the time. How do you decide which day needs a security check and which ones don't. Like I said I'm all for it but it should be consistent if your really trying to keep the park safe. Yes it will cost more money. But money well spent.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

The security gates always remind me of a Halloween incident a few years ago that occurred at the gates when I was being checked in. A few rows over, some guy had baggies of booze strapped to his leg. The officer took them, and bringing them to the officer that was checking me, threw them down among my stuff, and started explaining what he found. They are discussing this, but people around me thought I was the one that brought them in. I was getting dirty looks, for being the skizz thst brought in booze, and for for the officers slowing down the line by talking about it. When I finally got through, people were rude enough to say something about it must be nice to not get kicked out of the park, and what a crap person I was to bring in liquor in baggies.

That wasn't mine and it wasn't me, but at the time, it sure made me look bad.

• Like 7

Was one great visit yesterday. Probably my most non traditional visit yet. I didn't rush around the park. I just took my time. Met some VERY interesting people along the way.

KI 8/18/2016

Arrive at 10:30

Announcement!

WailsLikeABanshee gives me a Mystic Timbers shirt! ( which ATM I have sadly misplaced. .. :( )

WailsLikeABanshee leaves

Jarrett (don't know his username) is with us.

Violakat03 and DareToFly come by and an hour and a half conversation starts about everything rollercoasters.

Goble leaves.

Walk to their car.

Enter park again.

Meet a nice KI employee named Al!

Diamondback 7-2

The Beast 6-1

Violakat03 and DareToFly leave.

Head over to Soak City!

Brother rides Tropical Plunge body slide while Goble meets up with us.

Pay for a locker and we leave to ki.

Go to gobles car and go back to ki

Delirium Seat 27

Banshee 5-4 (after a sorta kinda walk of shame in 7-1 though that was due to the ride attendants pure laziness and not myself(he didn't try to get me in really) ).

The Bat 1-1

Festhaus dinner for an hour.

Adventure Express 4-2

Scrambler.

The Beast 6-3 ( Gobles first ride of the season!)

Diamondback 8-1 in the POURING rain.

Diamondback 1-2 in the moderate downpour.

Say goodbye to Goble.

Leave park at 8:02 pm

2f6fd0e7ed46c60a1548e095df5c3f42.jpg

13ebbcb9fa92bdcd892d3f16851fed51.jpg

54297993d37c9ab8498c807d7cf7a644.jpg

f55322189e95c09ae3ab96af4c5beafb.jpg

d5daf57d2d399f85350dee6397a6348f.jpg

ab43ea03791f07491c142f125bba64ce.jpg

• Like 10

I usually put a general synopsis of my day in the KI Discussion Thread with the added order of events. (wouldn't consider above a trip report)

Trip reports take MUCH more thought and writing. My Holiday World and Splashin' Safari trip report took about 10 hours in total to write.My 4/29, Opening Day ones took about 8 hours, this year when I do a trip report, I actually make it as long and as great as I can and dont normally rush it. Announcement day only took 5 hours and is the only one I would consider just a little incomplete.

My next trip report will probably be the absolutely fantastic day I had on August 11th, so look out for that in the future!

• Like 5

Mine usually take 2-3 hours to write. I have always underestimated how long it actually takes to write one, but even then I know the end result will be worth it for the enjoyment of many! (and something to read when I have a read-my-previous-PTRs phase. :))

I just uploaded the 84 photos from last night right after I had gotten home and changed out of my wet clothes. When I get home from the Y this afternoon, I will begin my trip reporting for the second time this week!

As for Kings Island, I am SO GLAD it was just raining and not thunderstorming, as it was only 30 minutes before closing and the rides remained open for the brave souls who didn't mind getting wet, including Taylor and I. We were two of only eight brave souls who took to a rainy sky on Drop Tower and got soaked in the process.

However, a few rides were down for a little bit, including WindSeeker and Vortex. WindSeeker didn't open again, but Vortex reopened shortly after we arrived so I could take my 315th ride as a way to end this crazy day.

In addition, we left some compliments at Guest Services, the reasons for which I will reveal in my trip report!

• Like 7

Just got back from a nice short trip to the park. Arrived about 10:45 Firehawk, Zepher, lunch, Racer, Banshee, The Bat, Eifel Tower, BLSC, Beast. By then the boys were coastered out and we left around 3. The park was packed as I expected on such a nice day. By the time we left the food lines were nuts.

Is there drink refill station in Action Zone anywhere? I didn't go hunting over by Invertigo. If there isnt, there needs to be one.

• Like 3

Just got back from a nice short trip to the park. Arrived about 10:45 Firehawk, Zepher, lunch, Racer, Banshee, The Bat, Eifel Tower, BLSC, Beast. By then the boys were coastered out and we left around 3. The park was packed as I expected on such a nice day. By the time we left the food lines were nuts.

Is there drink refill station in Action Zone anywhere? I didn't go hunting over by Invertigo. If there isnt, there needs to be one.

I think Chicken Shack and Ice Scream Zone can refill but no dedicated Coca-Cola refill stations
  • Like 3

I think Chicken Shack and Ice Scream Zone can refill but no dedicated Coca-Cola refill stations
The lines were mammoth, Ice Scream Zone was completely blocking the midway, and the line out Chicken Shack was starting to cause problems as well.
  • Like 2

When I got to the park a little after 1, I had to park the second row from the north end of the lot to get a spot on the end closest to the park. As I walked over, I saw the entire bus/camper lot was filled with cars (and one or two actual buses). Really a lot of people at the park, because the weather was gorgeous.

I was there for Cirque, and have been at KI at least a half day every day this week so I ended up not even trying to ride anything. Or get food, for that matter. But I bet it would have been a wonderful day for the free Sunday Fast Lanes for renewing.

• Like 3

^ Curious: was it cold, undercooked, overcooked, rancid, soggy, or bad in some other way?

If you receive food that's unsatisfactory & keep your receipt, Guest Services should be able to provide you a voucher for a replacement meal. Also, I'm sure they'd be glad to know how & when the food was bad.

• Like 5

Something goofy happened today at the gate. The associate separated out my wife's and youngest's pass and said I needed to get the pictures retaken becuase there were two people in the photo and that was against the rules. I suspect it was actually my two boys passes with the problem as their photos were taken with my webcam when I purchased them online. It is probably me in the background.

Anyway, those passes have been scanned into the CP or KI at least a dozen times this season and this is the first time anyone said anything? I will get the picture retaken but I am not standing in a hour line to do it. Anyone ever had this problem?

• Like 2

@ Malem (I can't quote for some reason). It was very undercooked. The cheese had hardly melted and there was a ton of grease. I didn't even think about guest services, I was tired and went home right after I ate. That is sound advice though, I wish I would have voiced my frustration. I just don't get why they can't figure out the food situation at Kings Island. I love the park, but I don't see myself eating there again until I hear of change. Perhaps I will send an email. I doubt they are unaware of the issue though, seeing as the majority of people on this site have posted about similar experiences.

• Like 2

Last Friday, was the first time since last year I ate Skyline at the park, I vowed to never go back but I could not resist crinkle cut fries. ( only skyline at the park has it ) It was around dinner time and the line was at the door, I nervously approached the line thinking this was probably going to take ages but proceeded anyways. To my suprise the line went fairly quick. I ended up getting Chilli cheese fries and they were fantastic. I did notice afterwards on my walk to Vortex that the other skyline location was closed. ( I assumed they moved the manpower to the much busier IS location. )

• Like 2

As I've said many times before on KIC, I have been going to Kings Island basically my whole life, however this is the first time that I will be going to Kings Island in September. I will be going to Kings Island in September on a Sunday, does anybody think they know how long the lines are going to be?

I got two slices of pizza in the Festhaus today and only ate one then threw it out. Terp I wish I would have listened to you! It was absolutely disgusting and cost me 15 bucks.

How different each persons experience can be is always amazing. The wife and I had pizza from the same spot yesterday and it was surprisingly good. 

• Like 2