Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

So for those who don't know Moerlein brewed a special beer for KI.

0bb0ae3ad4b656cdbd697436b57a7d76.jpg

adf1930e812b42c023a6ed538098979c.jpg

For the beer lovers this is a very impressive beer and highly recommended.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

Definitely going to have to give that a try!

• Like 4

b7599fb39d3cab882123b925fd24dbbf.jpg

Ok so I have two problems with this. First I'll say it's great for KI show some extra love to their pass holders. Thanks! That being said I find it crappy that pass holder appreciation WEEK takes place in a week when they are only open on the weekend. My second issue is why not advanced notice?? I know there are plenty of pass holders that don't live in the immediate area that would love to take advantage of this but it's kinda hard to do at the last second with school, work, and traveling arrangements. Once again I think it's a great idea. I really do. But I think I'd change it around a little bit.

Edit- I apologize I was incorrect it was from Kings Dominion which is still open during the week. Sorry!

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Question. Are Saturday's in October usually really crowded or a Friday in October? Me and my sister may go to the park on a Friday or Saturday, but don't know which one would be less crowded. I've never been to KI in the Fall, so I don't know how many people go, if it's as busy in the summer or what. lol thanks

• Like 1

As long as there are no storms in the area, rainy nights at Haunt are fantastic.

I totally agree!  I am not much of a Haunt fan, because the wait times are ridiculous.  However, last year, I went up on the last Saturday night of Haunt.  I got off work at 8pm, drove and checked into the Shaker Inn and went to KI at about 10:30pm.  There was a steady light rain coming down and the park was emptying as I went in.  Was able to get several The Beast and Diamondback rides in as well as Urgent Scare and Slaughterhouse, both of which were no lines!  I am hoping for a repeat of that this year.

• Like 2

I'm assume it wouldn't benefit the parks, but why not post historical average attendances on certain days?  I know you can guess using certain variables (promotions, day of week, weather, etc.), but more astute pass holders or general public might be more inclined to go more often if they know a certain day traditionally brings less people, or a certain day is anticipated to be less busy. 

Obviously the busy days would not benefit from this being out, but I really wonder if the majority of visitors really factor this in when they decide to go. 

• Like 1

As long as there are no storms in the area, rainy nights at Haunt are fantastic.

Ehhhh, sometimes yes I'll agree with that. The problem with rainy nights/dusks is that it could take out operation of the outdoor scare acting like the outdoor Haunts. However, if you get to the Haunt, and it's overcast with a slight drizzle, it creates the perfect atmosphere for the event at dusk, especially on Friday nights. However, either way, a rainy day can scare the crowds away, giving me more ride times on the Haunts or Banshee.

In other news, I seriously cannot believe that it is September already..... (I haven't even planned for the Poll Series yet!)

• Like 1

There are indeed company buy-outs (GE & P&G, I believe) the next two weekends. The park operates, but it's not open to the public.

The more you know. At least the park isn't closed just to do decorating. I always thought it was to allow them to go around the park and decorate even on the weekends without the public.

• Like 1

Friday night when I was at the park, during one of the pre recorded fireworks announcements throughout the day I noticed they said it was presented by some website (didn't catch the name). When did this start? Seems like KI is taking a lot of sponsorships recently. First Fast Lane. Now fireworks...

Start Skydiving is the sponsor for the nightly fireworks spectacular.

• Like 3