Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I had one my best ever days at the park yesterday.  Very short visit, and only rode The Beast--twice.  While in line for Diamondback, it went down, and stayed down.  I was in line with Gary Coleman, and we finally were able to connect.  Really nice guy.  Ride associates were walking the diminishing line with updates.  Was just a really relaxing time talking with them and Gary.

• Like 5

Having a little argument with my sister. So, basically the worst day to go to Kings Island in October would be a Saturday if it was nice weather?

It all depends.  The park is very "alive" Saturday's in October.  Perhaps at it's peak honestly.  A Fast Lane Plus/Fright Lane, on a Haunt Saturday...pretty good stuff.  Just sayin'.

• Like 3

I have no desire to be in the park during haunt... Especially with my kids. Can anyone tell me if this Friday the haunt starts at 6pm when the park opens... Or are there some haunt free hours right at opening that we could walk around in peace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do have the 'No Boo' necklaces for a small stipend, but if you just don't like the fog and gore, Friday is not the night.

• Like 1

So every few months, I delete and then re-add my season pass to my app so that I can see the updated total for my annual visits. It's fun for me . Today when I tried to re-add my pass, it says 0 visits for 2016. Is anyone else having this issue?

The main thing that has changed since the last time I did this is that I have a already renewed my pass for 2017... And I haven't visited the park since I've done the renewal... But the information on the re-loaded pass still says 2016.

Anyway... Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not renewed yet, but here are my observations. All the pass photos were gone and the passes only showed a couple of visits. So I deleted and added back the passes. Now the photos showed up and the visit count for KI is up to six. Not sure how accurate that is but probably close as there were one or two SC only visits and I have not kept a mental note or notched my bedpost.

So I suspect renewing your pass restarted the counter. CF IT at their finest. :)

• Like 1

Went to Haunt last night and had a great time, may post my thoughts in that thread later, but on a more general KI (maybe Cedar Fair as a whole?) related note, I really don't like the new maps. I know they aren't new this year, but I grabbed one last night for Haunt and still don't understand why they did away with the folded maps? Haven't been to another theme park that uses this style of just giving you a big sheet of paper. Just a small gripe, but I don't get it.

• Like 3