Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Did you take any pics of the new seasonal theming touches?  And what's the references to the 3 rides say? 

Sorry this response was delayed- sadly no, but thankfully the 2 other posters showed of the Flight of Fear and Mystic Timbers ones. Son of Beast didn't have a box like that, the reference to it is that where The "Beast Canyon Mining Co." sign usually is (at the main entrance above the soda machines), it said Outpost 5 Mining Co. (or something similar) instead. Outpost 5 was the secret government area where, in storyline, Son of Beast was being held, and "Track 1" of Adventure Express was supposed to head there but for some unknown reason something goes wrong and you go on the abandoned Track 2 instead. (Source: the old station music which can be heard on KIExtreme's KITunes section, select "Adventure Express- Station Master").

I also find it very cool and interesting that if you read up on all the official stories KI has made for many of its coasters over the years, you can connect the themes of The Beast, Son of Beast, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, Adventure Express, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, and even squirm in The Bat/Flight Deck/TOP GUN (you have to use a little headcanon for that one in its current theme though) and make one huge story about a small little town near a river in Ohio and a secret government facility. (The other major coasters/rides either have themes that are too generic or don't match up and thus they don't really fit said story sadly)

• Like 4

Did you take any pics of the new seasonal theming touches?  And what's the references to the 3 rides say? 

Sorry this response was delayed- sadly no, but thankfully the 2 other posters showed of the Flight of Fear and Mystic Timbers ones. Son of Beast didn't have a box like that, the reference to it is that where The "Beast Canyon Mining Co." sign usually is (at the main entrance above the soda machines), it said Outpost 5 Mining Co. (or something similar) instead. Outpost 5 was the secret government area where, in storyline, Son of Beast was being held, and "Track 1" of Adventure Express was supposed to head there but for some unknown reason something goes wrong and you go on the abandoned Track 2 instead. (Source: the old station music which can be heard on KIExtreme's KITunes section, select "Adventure Express- Station Master").

I also find it very cool and interesting that if you read up on all the official stories KI has made for many of its coasters over the years, you can connect the themes of The Beast, Son of Beast, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, Adventure Express, Flight of Fear, Firehawk, and even squirm in The Bat/Flight Deck/TOP GUN (you have to use a little headcanon for that one in its current theme though) and make one huge story about a small little town near a river in Ohio and a secret government facility. (The other major coasters/rides either have themes that are too generic or don't match up and thus they don't really fit said story sadly)

This sounds almost exactly like the plot of Stranger Things, which is a good plot too.

Overall, I am pleasantly delighted with this year at the Island, I'm glad to see the waterpark get some attention, and I am glad to have been there when I could. And, of course, the Winterfest announcement only was icing on the cake for next year.

• Like 3

Sorry this response was delayed- sadly no, but thankfully the 2 other posters showed of the Flight of Fear and Mystic Timbers ones. Son of Beast didn't have a box like that, the reference to it is that where The "Beast Canyon Mining Co." sign usually is (at the main entrance above the soda machines), it said Outpost 5 Mining Co. (or something similar) instead. Outpost 5 was the secret government area where, in storyline, Son of Beast was being held

I believe the Son of Beast crate is in the entrance plaza and The Beast crate to the right of the queue bridge, FOF and Mystic are to the left of the bridge. You could tell someone took alot of time to create The Beast Haunt display this season. Someone should get more pictures this weekend during the day and night. :rolleyes:

14563341_10210985872269748_4016574804516

• Like 8

Sorry this response was delayed- sadly no, but thankfully the 2 other posters showed of the Flight of Fear and Mystic Timbers ones. Son of Beast didn't have a box like that, the reference to it is that where The "Beast Canyon Mining Co." sign usually is (at the main entrance above the soda machines), it said Outpost 5 Mining Co. (or something similar) instead. Outpost 5 was the secret government area where, in storyline, Son of Beast was being held

I believe the Son of Beast crate is in the entrance plaza and The Beast crate to the right of the queue bridge, FOF and Mystic are to the left of the bridge. You could tell someone took alot of time to create The Beast Haunt display this season. Someone should get more pictures this weekend during the day and night. :rolleyes:

14563341_10210985872269748_4016574804516

Oh, I didn't even notice that one. I also did see The Beast crate but forgot to mention it. Also apparently Beast got new "Do Not Stand Up" signs at the top of both lift hills with the added touch of Beast claws grabbing them. I thought that was a neat new addition as well.

• Like 3

All lanes of KI drive are open and freshly paved in both directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in time for the season!   Err, wait. 

This whole construction project has been a total mess for my commute to work.  I can't wait for them to get the bridge on Socialville Foster open.  It takes me 15 minutes to get onto I-71 when it used to take me about 5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last night during Haunt was the busiest I have seen the park in quite some time. 

At one point, both platforms of the Eiffel Tower were being used. I can't recall off the top of my head the last time I saw that.

Yesterday was a good day to take in the atmosphere, being that we only rode Adventure Express and went through Bored to Death.

Will be there about 12:30-1ish and am hoping that the weather will help crowds. The Bengals game beginning here in little over an hour may keep things down early on, but with this nice weather, we may have a busy day. Thankfully, I will be using my FL+ today from renewing my pass.

• Like 1

Last night during Haunt was the busiest I have seen the park in quite some time.

At one point, both platforms of the Eiffel Tower were being used. I can't recall off the top of my head the last time I saw that.

Yesterday was a good day to take in the atmosphere, being that we only rode Adventure Express and went through Bored to Death.

Will be there about 12:30-1ish and am hoping that the weather will help crowds. The Bengals game beginning here in little over an hour may keep things down early on, but with this nice weather, we may have a busy day. Thankfully, I will be using my FL+ today from renewing my pass.

I can assure you they were not using both platforms on the tower Saturday night, the top platform has wires running around it for the eyes they put on the tower.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What I was impressed with this year was the deals at the Coney Confections this year. I basically cleaned out their puzzles of Kings Island (They were virtually a few dollars when they were 12), I basically went on a shopping spree for shirts and jelly bellys. This also means that I was Christmas shopping already, good gosh I cannot believe that this year is coming to a close!

• Like 1

ecb78111440dea9dcd84f743b5d75658.jpg

They've basically stopped pretending this "prize wheel" is anything other than a way to buy a one time line skip for $5 :)

Every spin wins at least a FOTL for one, and two of the spots offer a Front of the Line pass for two.

This should be very helpful for those of you who like this wheel, you pretty much know what you're getting now. Assuming this change is permanent and wasn't just an end-of-the-season bonus.

(Although, looking closer at the pic, it could be that each individual space offers only a FOTL for the ride featured on that space. I hope that isn't so)

• Like 6