Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

So Goble, if you participate in the spinning of the wheel and you get a front of the line pass for Vortex, what are you going to do with it?

Borrow a cigarette lighter from someone and burn it. :P

On second thought, the park would probably frown on that. So instead I'll give it to someone who can actually use it and who actually enjoys Vortex. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

On the Diamondback webcam, it looks like something is going on with the pathway from the ET to Rivertown Pizza. I see lots of activity near the Tropical drink stand and it looks like alot of blacktop has been removed.

Has anyone actually witnessed that stand open?

I haven't seen it open in years.

• Like 2

On the Diamondback webcam, it looks like something is going on with the pathway from the ET to Rivertown Pizza.  I see lots of activity near the Tropical drink stand and it looks like alot of blacktop has been removed.

To me it looks like leaves have been moved there for collection/removal. Doesn't look like blacktop has been removed...if it were, there'd be bigger sections, I would think.

On the Diamondback webcam, it looks like something is going on with the pathway from the ET to Rivertown Pizza. I see lots of activity near the Tropical drink stand and it looks like alot of blacktop has been removed.

Has anyone actually witnessed that stand open?

I haven't seen it open in years.

Yes on each of my 5 or so trips this year it has been open.

• Like 1

On the Diamondback webcam, it looks like something is going on with the pathway from the ET to Rivertown Pizza.  I see lots of activity near the Tropical drink stand and it looks like alot of blacktop has been removed.

To me it looks like leaves have been moved there for collection/removal. Doesn't look like blacktop has been removed...if it were, there'd be bigger sections, I would think.

Good eyes.  I'm getting old, so either the leaves looked like dirt or my want for pavers was stronger than reality.

• Like 3

Does anybody remember how much the Fast Lane plus was this year?? Trying to decide if I should get the Fast Lane plus and the admission ticket for 2017 deal right now for my dad's birthday/fathers day gift. But don't exactly have $65 lol

I think they were $65 for Fast Lane

• Like 1

If you think he would only want/can go once then it seems like a good deal. A gold pass can be paid off in 6 installments and then he can go more often for shorter periods of time on less busy days.

lol he doesn't even want to go to Cedar Point for 2 days :lol:  Plus he can only go Saturday's

Cedar Point? Isn't this KI Central? 

Does anybody remember how much the Fast Lane plus was this year?? Trying to decide if I should get the Fast Lane plus and the admission ticket for 2017 deal right now for my dad's birthday/fathers day gift. But don't exactly have $65 lol

For Kings Island on a Saturday, FLP was $90 and FL was $75.  I believe CP is higher.

When I was at Cedar Point in September (on a Saturday, the first one for Halloweekends), Fast Lane was around $95 and FLP was in the order of $110 I believe.  I was going to buy it so I didn`t have to wait in long lines while by wife waiting off the ride (she couldn`t partake in the ride as she is pregnant), but opted not to when I saw the price.  Fortunately, the day I visited, the lines were very managable. 

• Like 1

If you think he would only want/can go once then it seems like a good deal. A gold pass can be paid off in 6 installments and then he can go more often for shorter periods of time on less busy days.

lol he doesn't even want to go to Cedar Point for 2 days :lol:  Plus he can only go Saturday's

Cedar Point? Isn't this KI Central? 

I'm just saying he doesn't want to go to Kings Island more than once. It's a miracle if he goes twice in one season

If you, or him, only plan to go once I'd say get them. It is a great deal and having the FL+ will ensure being able to do everything you want during the trip. 

Picked up a few for my family since planned to go next year but probably not have time to get there a bunch so opted not to renew/get passes this year.

• Like 1