Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

In total land? No there was more till there wasn't. In terms of actual ride count, maybe?(yes?). In terms of amusement park acreage? Maybe, not sure if you would count all of the land the animals took up as amusement park land.

If you mean paved roads/walkways then probably yes(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In terms of actual ride count, maybe?(yes?).

A definite maybe, depending on how you count rides. You could argue the park had 49 rides in 2003 and 2004 (counting Antique Cars and Racer both as two, while ignoring all of the water park and Nickelodeon Green Slime Zone), versus only 48 today. But it's definitely been an upward swing in ride count since the park first opened. 

• Like 2

Looks like no more wraps at Chicken Shack on the dining plan, and no more Reds Hall of Fame Grille :( Those were two of my favorite options. Hope Hank's will be open more often.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

I took some screen grabs for those of us on mobile who get tired of the page redirecting

d33d8671e9e327f162a806443e4edb85.jpg3b461046e38fa43dce53ee6821ece776.jpg76d1942e23ed3f3ec735603bbaa3c126.jpg19aad7cfce908fb35117eb28438d981b.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like no more wraps at Chicken Shack on the dining plan, and no more Reds Hall of Fame Grille :( Those were two of my favorite options. Hope Hank's will be open more often.

I took some screen grabs for those of us on mobile who get tired of the page redirecting

d33d8671e9e327f162a806443e4edb85.jpg3b461046e38fa43dce53ee6821ece776.jpg76d1942e23ed3f3ec735603bbaa3c126.jpg19aad7cfce908fb35117eb28438d981b.jpg

So, the third screenshot shows that "Larosa's Pizza" (located on International Street) is included, and you get 2 slices of pizza and two breadsticks. But, in the fourth screenshot, "Street Pizza" (located in, IN International Street) is an option. Where is Street Pizza, aside from obviously being somewhere in/on International Street? Is there really a pizza place in the Park that I didn't know about?

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Edit: I have no idea why it double quoted, and I'm not sure what to do about it. My apologies!

• Like 1

Goodness graciously long, large photo posts!

DINING PLAN MEAL OPTIONS
Chicken Shack
Located in Action Zone

Dining Plan Meal Options:
Hand Breaded Chicken Tenders Basket with Fries or Apple Slices
Crispy Chicken Sandwich with Texas Toast

Chick-fil-A
Located in Planet Snoopy

Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich & Waffle Fries
Chick-fil-A Nuggets & Waffle Fries

Coconut Cove Cafe
Located in Soak City

Chicken Tenders with Fries or Apple Slices
Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Fries

Pizza & Two Breadsticks

Coney Potato Works -- Gluten Free Location
Located in Coney Mall

Dining Plan Options:
Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders with Fresh Cut Fries
Gluten-Free Corndog with Fresh Cut Fries

Festhaus
Located in Oktoberfest

Dining Plan Options:

Chicken Tenders with Fries or Apple Slices
Burger with Fries or Apple Slices
Pizza with Two Breadsticks
Gluten-Free Pizza

Hank's Burrito Shack
Located in Oktoberfest

Dining Plan Options:
Burrito Basket
Burrito Bowl Basket

Juke Box Diner
Located in Coney Mall

Dining Plan Options:
Fresh Grilled Bruger with Fries
Chicken Sandwich with Fries 
Hot Dog with Fries

LaRosa's Pizza
Located on International Street

Dining Plan Options:
Two slices of Pizza with two Breadsticks

Panda Express
Located in Festhaus

Dining Plan Options:

Two-Entree Plate & Side

Planet Snoopy Grill
Located in Oktoberfest

Dining Plan Options:

Grilled Chicken with Fries or Apple Slices
Cheeseburger with Fries or Apple Slices
Chicken Tender Basket with Fries or Apple Slices

Rivertown Pizza
Located in Rivertown

Two slices of Pizza and two Breadsticks

Rivertown Potato Works
Located in Rivertown

Chicken Chunk Combo with Fries or Apple Slices

Skyline Chili
Located in Coney Mall & International Street

Dining Plan Options:
Two Cheese Coney Basket with Fries

Snake Pit
Located in Rivertown

Dining Plan Options:

Philly Cheese Steak Basket with Fries and Chips

Street Pizza
Located in International Street

Dining Plan Options:
Pizza Combo with Breadsticks

Soak City Wave Pool Grill
Located in Soak City

Dining Plan Options:

Grilled Jumbo All-Beef Hotdog Basket with your choice of Chips, Pasta or Potato Salad.
Grilled Bratwurst Basket with your choice of Chips, Pasta or Potato Salad

Subway
Located in Coney Mall or Soak City

6" Sub Combo with Chips

--
This should be easier to traverse on the forums. If you're going to quote posts with multiple images, it is very appreciated to edit the photo URL out, as we can simply scroll up if you refer back to it. Perhaps only include the picture in which you are discussing.
  • Like 3

It probably hasn't been updated in awhile, however...

"Dining Plan participating locations & menus subject to change without notice throughout the season and from year to year. Operating hours vary by location and some locations may not be open on select operating days." -- From the website.

• Like 1

I really wish they would get an accurate list somewhere. It wasn't until just before Haunt last year that I learned a sub and side salad were an option at LaRosa's at the park. I don't know if they will be again, and at the beginning of the season when everyone is still training, I don't even have anything I can point to to suggest what might be included, if the workers don't yet know.

• Like 2

I really wish they would get an accurate list somewhere. It wasn't until just before Haunt last year that I learned a sub and side salad were an option at LaRosa's at the park. I don't know if they will be again, and at the beginning of the season when everyone is still training, I don't even have anything I can point to to suggest what might be included, if the workers don't yet know.

I don't get that argument.  Those things wouldn't be difficult at all to train employees on prior to opening day.  I can't think of anything on the menu at Kings Island that would require that extensive of training.  

• Like 2

You pay up front. Then if the park decides it doesn't want to give you what you paid for, it can substitute anything it likes and you are stuck. They got your money.

What's not to like?

And why staff food service adequately? Meal plan customers already paid for whatever they get whenever they get it.

Such a deal.

• Like 5

I was quite satisfied with my All Season Dining plan in '14 and '15 and will probably be so again in '16.  I was not satisfied with the speed of service/motivation of some workers (Skyline on IS and the area formerly known as Coney Mall, to be precise).  But disappointment passes, and the positives almost always outweigh the negatives.  Now, I would be really ticked if I did not have a meal plan or a gold pass and had to wait that long. 

It'll be interesting to see how Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Cedar Point and possibly Dorney compare to Kings Island in terms of speed of service.

^Before they implemented the dining plan, I would have had that attitude about food service at the beginning of the year and expect it to improve by at least Memorial Day as that was kind of the norm (or even by mid-May).  Since they added the plan, that hasn't been the case.  Last year, I expected the bad service and was surprised when it was good (except for Reds HOFG, Chick-fil-A and Panda Express).  The park gave me no reason to expect it to improve since they were still lackadaisical in June and July.    

• Like 5