Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Got two complaints, which I don't want to sound negative all the time, I love KI and am super glad it's my home park.  First, the new ERT seems less than ideal to me.  I arrived at the park today at 9:30.  By the time I made it through the gate and then through the gold pass gate thing and walked to Diamondback, the line was already to the entrance of the queue.  They eventually opened a switchback which helped get everyone into the line at least, but by the time I got off Diamondback, it was already 10.  So, in the half hour of ERT, you get one ride in (and that wasn't waiting for a particular seat).  If you are going to shoehorn everyone into one ride for ERT then it is going to get decently backed up pretty quickly.  I don't remember exactly how it was in the past, but I feel like there were multiple rides across the park you could do for ERT.  Having every gold/platinum pass holder going to Diamondback is going to make it less ERT, more head start on forming a line for said ride.  

Second complaint was about a T-shirt I saw in a shop.  Either I'm missing something or I'm not sure how this shirt made it to print.  It lists a bit about I survived being rattled, ragged by Banshee, blah blah blah by Diamondback, etc for each ride.  But at the last part it says 'devastated, traumatized and scarred for life on the Kings Island"  Since when is it 'the' Kings Island and how can you be on it?

• Like 3

Got two complaints, which I don't want to sound negative all the time, I love KI and am super glad it's my home park.  First, the new ERT seems less than ideal to me.  I arrived at the park today at 9:30.  By the time I made it through the gate and then through the gold pass gate thing and walked to Diamondback, the line was already to the entrance of the queue.  They eventually opened a switchback which helped get everyone into the line at least, but by the time I got off Diamondback, it was already 10.  So, in the half hour of ERT, you get one ride in (and that wasn't waiting for a particular seat).  If you are going to shoehorn everyone into one ride for ERT then it is going to get decently backed up pretty quickly.  I don't remember exactly how it was in the past, but I feel like there were multiple rides across the park you could do for ERT.  Having every gold/platinum pass holder going to Diamondback is going to make it less ERT, more head start on forming a line for said ride.  

Second complaint was about a T-shirt I saw in a shop.  Either I'm missing something or I'm not sure how this shirt made it to print.  It lists a bit about I survived being rattled, ragged by Banshee, blah blah blah by Diamondback, etc for each ride.  But at the last part it says 'devastated, traumatized and scarred for life on the Kings Island"  Since when is it 'the' Kings Island and how can you be on it?

There are four rides open for Gold Pass ERT: Diamondback, Woodstock Gliders, Snoopy's Space Buggies and Woodstock Express. 

The early ride lineup will change monthly beginning June 1. 

• Like 15

There are four rides open for Gold Pass ERT: Diamondback, Woodstock Gliders, Snoopy's Space Buggies and Woodstock Express. 

The early ride lineup will change monthly beginning June 1. 

I understand.  Again, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful.  I'm very excited to be able to have ERT at all, and I am very happy that Diamondback is one of those rides.  I was just commenting on this year vs past years.  As another poster noted, most adults without kids will more than likely be heading straight for Diamondback, and without another "Adult" ride for lack of a better term to balance it out, Diamondback can get backed up I would imagine.  Still, really happy I was able to ride it early period!

• Like 5

My first ride this season was Woodstock Express.

Mine too and it was amazing! 

Mine to! Consider the odds? lol

Make it 4! And add Mrs. NoChickens to it and the whole group is covered.

Coming back to a station full of little kids and their parents, I wonder what their thoughts were, more adults on that train than kids.

• Like 7

I know alot of people are complaining about the new parking lot set-up. I didn't have a problem coming in or out. Am I the only one?

Now that I know how to do it, it does not seem so bad.  I seems to favor those approaching from the South.  Going in, I worry about the split to the tolls.  After the tolls, it gets a little hectic as well.  I guess they are using the cones to try to space people as needed, but I always end up turning around to get in at the end of the cones.

Going out, I have started using the South exit.  No issues so far.  Lots of people walking not paying attention, but that is nothing new.

• Like 3

Today I went to the park for a few hours with my kids. 2 are tall enough for Adventure Express, one is not... So usually we all wait in line and then me and the little guy walk across the track to the holding cell on the platform while the older 2 ride.

The holding cell was nice because it allows me to be close and watch while not being in the way of the swinging exit gate.

Noticed today that the holding cell is gone this year, so we had to wait past the exit 82bee56af1fd269d8708e26831154131.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7