Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

It looks like a path, possibly the new exit of WWC.

I decided to take the image, and try to do an over view of what we can see, and also try to base the little bit of the unknown.

RGwu4Oi.png

The star represents where Mr. Helbig was when he took the photo. The Yellow dots representing the survey markers, and the brown is where n area of ground was dug up. 

It make me understand it less honestly, but maybe it might help someone.

• Like 4

The key to WindSeeker is that it can only operate when it is seeking wind. Once it finds wind, it is no longer a Seeker of Wind and thus shuts down until it loses said wind and has to seek more.

Whatever keeps me from getting stuck 300 feet in the air for hours on end until they fix it!  Seriously, my single biggest fear in the park...lol.

• Like 8

Before they used that water/pond area for Diamondback, was there anything that used that pond such as a ride or something? Thanks in advance!

The splashdown area was dug out specifically for the ride. There used to be another pond in that area though, with a lot more trees. It wasn't used for any rides, though there were swans in there. I have no idea what happened to the birds when the lake was drained though.

• Like 8

^^ Fantastic idea!!! I'd love to see the entire park as a virtual reality park in the offseason. Heck I would even pay a small online fee to do that! Just think, if Kings Island did this sort of thing only in the offseason, they could charge a small online fee that would most likely generate big bucks. I'd imagine with Kings Island's, Cedar Point's and well, all of CF's parks reputation's throughout the world.... Many people all over the world could virtually visit and it would give them the ideas to vacation at the the parks, thereby increasing attendance! I hope they read your post!

• Like 5

The key to WindSeeker is that it can only operate when it is seeking wind. Once it finds wind, it is no longer a Seeker of Wind and thus shuts down until it loses said wind and has to seek more.

Whatever keeps me from getting stuck 300 feet in the air for hours on end until they fix it!  Seriously, my single biggest fear in the park...lol.

My fear is to be stuck in such a precarious position and then feel the need to make a call of nature...

• Like 4

Am I really off by a day? That happened last year too.

Anyway, this weather outside is really nice! High 60's and sunny. Oh how I wish Kings Island was open today. We'll just have to wait 56 more days until the official Opening Day at Kings Island, but it'll be here before you know it!

af6a70d353af0921ce51f2b8db1eb6b9.jpg

Original pic: https://instagram.com/p/BBsoyWGOOIW/

• Like 9

Just looked at the Diamondback webcam this morning and from right to left from Potato Works...

1. The proposed new entrance to White Water Canyon.

2. a small dug out "path" that appears to go under Diamondback's drop (through where the Crypt sign used to be) merging into the old Crypt exit... I would assume this is the new WWC Exit?

3. The Photo booth area is still intact.

4. A large rectangular dug out that goes from footer to footer from the midway back towards the Crypt main entrance (area where the Alien display was for Halloween Haunt.)

5. An additional, smaller dug out section directly across from the arcade under the Diamondback's helix. With the new speculated WWC exit so close... this might be where the lockers and dryer would be relocated or additional lockers and dryer? It could be just about anything at this point.

• Like 3

I would assume that you have to request. Many, like me, do not like dining outdoors, and many others likely choose Reds Grille specifically to sit in the air conditioning.

However, it would also depend on whether they've bothered to schedule enough servers to cover the patio as well as indoors. (Closing Day, I'm looking at you. :rolleyes:)

• Like 3

Assuming decent weather, opening day will be busy.  Assuming nothing is "broke" (and weather is decent) all rides should be open.  However, poor weather can and does keep crowds away and can and will keep rides closed.  If you can predict the weather this far out, you're better than 99% of meteorologist currently employed.

• Like 7