Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

No it was from the 70s ... Probably older than most posters to this site..... Lol. Kids were riding water slides and had to race and finish by performing a stunt. Or they had to ride a ride (usually something like bumper boats) and perform a stunt .... jeesh wish I could remember the name. It seems like they were in the six flags parks a lot. I remember it was in Magic Mountain and also at SF Over Georgia quite often.

• Like 7

Got my renewal done (finally)  :blink: Drove by the park yesterday and wowie! Lots o' paving action, at least in the area immediately southwest of the new entry plaza.  So much change happening in that area in such a short amount of time (relatively)... Can't wait for the first "boats" to come around the bend in ol' WWC, but first, opening day, then two weeks in Arizona (Tb shall sendeth much pics), and then another season of KI awesomeness.

• Like 10

Well... Well.... Looks like pine trees were planted in the old funnel cake location.... At least that's what it looks like to me... Green space (however temp that may be...).

Those pines aren't new - reference this webcam screenshot (https://embed.gyazo.com/803b4234343515d146921c5c06ca6f61.jpg) shared earlier in the thread to the current view and you'll see they've been there.

• Like 2

About basketballs and annoying stuff like that-

I'm not fond of them, and yes, to some people they are a piain in the butt,

Yet at the same time, we all have to remember not to be Cartman.

Other people and their habits are going to go against our personal safe zones ( I hate using thosr words),

But those people are in the park for a good time, too.

I think sometimes, well, at least in this forum, we forget that other people have the right to enjoy their visit to the park too. They are also entitle to fun, games, and relaxation, and yes, even smoking in the proper areas.

It's not our private domain. Sometimes I got through discussions and people are simply being cranky, like little kids who need a nap.

Perhaps, well, in my case, at least, it might do to be a little fuss budgety and let go of our tiny peeves and enjoy the phenomena we have with KI.

Really- how many people in the world are lucky enough to have a park nearby where we just drop in a few times a week if we choose?

I don't think the issue is with the actual games, it's with the people who don't know how to act respectful with their prizes. Granted, the bouncing is annoying to my ears but that's just a personal pet peeve of mine, not anything I'd be making a real fuss over. However, as mentioned by another poster, I've seen balls hit people, knock food out of hands, etc. I'm not trying to suck the fun out of anyone's experience, it's just that their right to fun ends when it violates the rights of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on this, I agree with you. I wish more people would respect the rule of respect. I think in my case, (my big fuss budget is body odor), I let myself get angry and peeved over something that, though it would be nice if they used some super strength deodorant, or in one case of standing in line of FOF, perhaps decided against that onion bloom the night before, it's just not in their personal upbringing to do.

I love the Ephemora A/V Geek section of archive.org. Just like everyone else, And laugh the same as everyone else at the 1950's personal hygiene films. But part of me wishes those instruction films were still in circulation.

• Like 3

...not that they helped much back then. The average person took a bath once a week then. Smoking was everywhere. Many women covered BO with what was called toilet water. They smelled like it, too.

Maybe that's why they had so many inclass "Take a Bath, Already" PSA films back then.

• Like 1

No it was from the 70s ... Probably older than most posters to this site..... Lol. Kids were riding water slides and had to race and finish by performing a stunt. Or they had to ride a ride (usually something like bumper boats) and perform a stunt .... jeesh wish I could remember the name. It seems like they were in the six flags parks a lot. I remember it was in Magic Mountain and also at SF Over Georgia quite often.

Here it is! (And its late 80s not 70s)

http://youtu.be/WyaS1xQyntI

• Like 2

I had completely forgotten about Wild & Crazy Kids. Given that I would have been in elementary school in the late 80s, I must have caught it during reruns as I definitely remember that show.

Also, every time I see videos of the original Colossus, I'm annoyed that it's not possible to ride it that way anymore, since Six Flags had to go make a "twisted" version of it.

• Like 3