Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

I'm having difficulty zooming in on the map but am I seeing that right that FunPix is not available for Firehawk?

I'm going to be quite miffed if it isn't as those are some of my favorite pics to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^They're probably trying not to encourage guests from taking a camera into the line since they don't allow loose articles in the station for Firehawk.

I'm confused as to what you mean. The only loose article would be a card in a pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe Firehawk's on-ride photo is having the same fate of its next-door neighbor...

While I hate to think this, I can't tell you how many times I rode Firehawk last season and the photo booth was either a) not staffed, or B) the monitors were broken and staff were telling people that it would be fixed "soon".  I think all on-ride photos are really cool and I don't think they should be getting rid of them as quickly as they are.

Hopefully the on-ride photo for Firehawk will still be there, maybe it's just not a FunPix location for whatever reason.

• Like 6

So how do the people they have to take your picture on a ride gt your picture?? Just a little confused there

If you mean the on-ride photos, it's all automated. The train trips sensors on the track, which trigger the camera, which then delivers the photos electronically to the photo booth at the exit. The only human element is reviewing each photo for anything that might require censoring, such as an idiot flipping off the camera.

• Like 3

I noticed more speculation in the the "bolt shed dirt" discussion which makes no sense to me.

The newly cleared area with no apparent purpose for this season....now that has me intrigued.

*shrug*

Just figured there would be more given the nature of this forum.

• Like 4

I know I'm only spreading the flames when I say this, but has anyone else been paying attention to the new enterance? There's obviously a new sign going in, rock features and a recessed area to hold the signature. This sign defintely fits a Kings Island signature, and, I'm kind of impressed that I might be the first to see it!

• Like 5

The trim was never used, or at least never noticed by me the many many times riding in 2014 and 2015.

They took the trim off in mid 2014, after it was unnecessary and replaced it with a sensor so they can have 3 trains running at once  

• Like 5

I know I'm only spreading the flames when I say this, but has anyone else been paying attention to the new enterance? There's obviously a new sign going in, rock features and a recessed area to hold the signature. This sign defintely fits a Kings Island signature, and, I'm kind of impressed that I might be the first to see it!

I had noticed it, and I thought I had posted a picture about it a few pages back, not sure where. But I was quite sure I mentioned a possible plaza by the new entrance.

• Like 2

The trim was never used, or at least never noticed by me the many many times riding in 2014 and 2015.

They took the trim off in mid 2014, after it was unnecessary and replaced it with a sensor so they can have 3 trains running at once
It ran 3 trains since day 1.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

It ran 3 trains since day 1.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not only that, But the Trim was always used. After they took the trim out, the second part of the ride was always a bit faster. You could never feel it because that's how great Magnetic braking technology is. You can't feel it. 

• Like 4