Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

That's not the way sponsorship in a park works.

I loved the four different kinds of pizza NJFTP served. Once pizza was sponsored (at first Papa John's, then Famous Famiglia), that ended.

The sponsor pays big money to be exclusive.

Would you be willing to pay more for admission/season passes for more choices? I would. Most would not.

That would be great, at least to have something different than Larossa's. Never ate at one that I really enjoyed.

Even the one we had in Portsmouth was, well, not very good. unless I'm with someone that really wants to

eat there, I'll pass it up every time to go to the Hall of Fame Grill, or down the street.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I love Homemade Brand Ice Cream from UDF and Greater's is just ok (imo); why not sell both? That would give me just one more reason (in addition to Starbucks, The Bat, Banshee, etc.) to love the park that much more! :D

I think I would consider it, depending on the price increase! Although I could/can always get UDF Homemade Brand Ice Cream in my hometown (or even down the street!), and that's one of the things that makes Blue Ash, Ohio special, just as great rides, good shows, and LaRosa's pizza make KI special! 

• Like 2

That's not the way sponsorship in a park works.

I loved the four different kinds of pizza NJFTP served. Once pizza was sponsored (at first Papa John's, then Famous Famiglia), that ended.

The sponsor pays big money to be exclusive.

Would you be willing to pay more for admission/season passes for more choices? I would. Most would not.

That would be great, at least to have something different than Larossa's. Never ate at one that I really enjoyed.

Even the one we had in Portsmouth was, well, not very good. unless I'm with someone that really wants to

eat there, I'll pass it up every time to go to the Hall of Fame Grill, or down the street.

Just my opinion.

Had!

Wow.

It failed?

And there's a LaRosa's in Jackson, Ohio now?

My head hurts.

Yea, the one here has been out for a couple years now.

We do all the lock work for the parent company that owns them, The one in

Jackson might be closed up, too. I'll find out tomorrow.

It's not gonna hurt them if it is, though

• Like 3

I think they've bought quite a few, on top of owning the one's already here. And they own a few Buffalo Wild Wing's.
Most Fridays and Saturdays You can't hardly get in them places.

If ya ever eat there, don't do carry-out on the weekends.

• Like 3

For those who haven't processed their season passes:

Save time and process your Season Pass before the park opens for the 2016 season. Our Season Pass Processing Center will be open on the following dates:
Friday, April 8 (5-8 pm)
Saturday-Sunday, April 9-10 (1-5 pm)
Monday-Thursday, April 11-14 (5-8 pm)

Found on https://www.visitkingsisland.com/hours-directions/kings-island-park-hours

• Like 4

It's Easter--and unless time is a huge issue, employees are typically off if the park is closed Easter.

I had some ride associate friends last year who had on-site ride training on Easter last year (2015). I'm sure most construction contractors that Kings Island uses give their employees Easter off, but it seems that the three weekends before the park opens are when they hold a lot of associate training events.
  • Like 3

This is our first time renewing our gold passes. I renewed online on Oct. 23rd. Do we have to go through the processing center or is it automatic for renewals? I'm thinking its automatic because my pass portal on the app says 2016 but just wanted to be sure (it erroneously says 2016 + dining so I know it's not 100% accurate).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They've changed the wrap at chicken shack to a crispy chicken salad, and removed the mini corn dogs option at Rivertown potato works. At least RHoFG is back on the list now.

But the mini corn dogs are at the Coney Mall Potato Works. So that's sort of good.

• Like 1