Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread

CoasterOhio

Buys B&M because of good ROI and high capacity.... 

Gets rid of third train before 10 year mark, while DB is still considered the best coaster in the park by many.

CF ain't that dumb with ride operations haha

Sounds more of a SIX thing....

• Like 6

I apologize once again for the lack of posting the countdown as my schedule has been very hectic lately. Since we are 2 weeks away, I will try to post as much as possible.

With that being said, this is your 2 week warning that the gates at Kings Island will finally open for the first time on Opening Day!! The offseason has really flown by like it always has! Are you ready?! I sure am!

82ad34fc113218b0644feea9a6966c76.jpg

(Edit made by me. Original picture: https://instagram.com/p/BDdUDxKPb2v/)

• Like 11

Maybe they'll wait to put it on until the summer season is in full swing. When it's needed more.

It will be certainly needed opening day and the first few weekends!
Not with the previous Diamondback operators

-CoasterGeek101 gasps in the distance-

---------

I just found this rumor about Kings Island on Screamscape.

(3/30/16) Just a prediction based on how the rest of the company has been running, but the popular rumor is that Kings Island may be looking into upgrading the park entrance in either 2017 or 2018, along with the possible addition of a new B&M Giga Coaster that could be similar to Fury 325 at Carowinds, with it performing some kind of flyover elements around the new main gate. Things can change, but I'm thinking they may be shooting for 2017.

• Like 2

I really hope they are putting the third train in soon... Because we only have 15 days until the park opens, and yet they're testing Diamondback with only two trains. Could it be because of stacking issues due to those seatbelts?

We may only have 15 days, but the year after the coaster is installed, the State doesn't need as rigorous testing as they do for the opening season. 

Likely, the 3rd train will be put through a few hundred cycles before it's ready to go. 

The 3rd train not on track at this point has nothing to do with "stacking issues due to those seatbelts." 

I feel like a lot of folks are forgetting that the park has a good amount of coaster trains to break down, repair and rebuild. Be patient, the 3rd train will be there soon.

Again, stacking is not cared about with the General Public. Coaster Enthusiasts are usually the only ones who whine about it. 

• Like 3

I apologize once again for the lack of posting the countdown as my schedule has been very hectic lately. Since we are 2 weeks away, I will try to post as much as possible.

With that being said, this is your 2 week warning that the gates at Kings Island will finally open for the first time on Opening Day!! The offseason has really flown by like it always has! Are you ready?! I sure am!

82ad34fc113218b0644feea9a6966c76.jpg

(Edit made by me. Original picture: https://instagram.com/p/BDdUDxKPb2v/)

Nice, but it's 15 days til opening.

Unless you mean Preview Night.

• Like 4

Some people count days weird.. some count days between the current and the destination... some count only excluding the current.. some count only excluding the destination...  depending on what time of the day they are making the statement sometimes...

But it's 15 days :P

• Like 5

Can you choose which seat to sit in when riding slingshot with an employee? Do you have to pay for the employee when they ride? Can you buckle the lap belt on your own on slingshot? How comfy and tight is the harness on slingshot? How comfy is the seat? Can you ask for the shoulder harness to be tighter?

• Like 1

I don't remember if I was allowed to choose my seat when I rode with the employee; I just paid for myself when I got my ticket as I was told of the policy change when boarding the ride (I didn't know this prior to getting in line). The comfy-ness questions are somewhat subjective (I don't really remember how comfy the seat was, it's been a while), but I believe that the staff buckles your restraint (you can ask them to tighten the restraint, I believe). From there, you just face the sky, prepare to launch, and have fun! :D 

• Like 1

If I want the left seat, can I ask for it on slingshot? What can you hold on to on slingshot? What should you do if you are nervous when you are strapped in? How good is the view from slingshot? How do you make the slingshot ride do more loops? How tight can the harness be on slingshot ( I love rides that have a tight harness )? How expensive are tickets for slingshot if you go into the park and purchase them first thing? Do you get any warning before slingshot launches? What advice do you have for slingshot?

Today we get our first look of Opening Day (2016) Weather! Though it's not good looking so far, but we have two weeks!

Kings Mill Weather April 16th 2016 via. Weather Channel

632abfcfb05ad10b2950eb010b42fd59.png

---

In other news, Train #3 on Diamondback has been spotted ready to be loaded.

via. DB Webcam

cff08840625aac2e977950a54b9b03a0.png

• Like 11

I really hope they are putting the third train in soon... Because we only have 15 days until the park opens, and yet they're testing Diamondback with only two trains. Could it be because of stacking issues due to those seatbelts?

We may only have 15 days, but the year after the coaster is installed, the State doesn't need as rigorous testing as they do for the opening season. 

Likely, the 3rd train will be put through a few hundred cycles before it's ready to go. 

The 3rd train not on track at this point has nothing to do with "stacking issues due to those seatbelts." 

I feel like a lot of folks are forgetting that the park has a good amount of coaster trains to break down, repair and rebuild. Be patient, the 3rd train will be there soon.

Again, stacking is not cared about with the General Public. Coaster Enthusiasts are usually the only ones who whine about it. 

Well...I agree with you on the statements about the 3rd train will be here soon.  However, the last statement is totally not true.  The general public does notice.  They don't know that it's called stacking, but they do notice when it takes them forever to get trains out.  You constantly hear guests in line say things like, "Oh my God, what's taking them so long?"  or if it stacks long enough, "Did it break down?"  No one wants to wait forever.

• Like 5